Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: More Minecraft-inspired Awesome AND WE'RE IN SPACE - Blockade Runner  (Read 55097 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: More Minecraft-inspired Awesome AND WE'RE IN SPACE - Blockade Runner
« Reply #345 on: July 31, 2012, 10:11:57 pm »

Looks spiffy. Still waiting for something resembling gameplay to show up though.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 01, 2012, 04:58:25 am »

Versions i played were very unstable.
(win7, may be better by now as i havent played in a while)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 12, 2012, 09:22:35 pm »

New release. Solo player and easy server creation have been added, along with glass.

http://forums.blockaderunnergame.com/index.php?topic=1542.0
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 01, 2012, 07:59:26 am »

Still no chunk getting detached from ship?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 22, 2012, 03:05:19 pm »

I think there's servers up?
I can't pay for it at the moment, but it's the first thing on my game purchases list, coming in just after Tokyo Zoo.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 23, 2012, 07:13:41 am »

Havent played it much, but if i can play with B12ers, no problem!

E:
That is, if i can get it to work. Tried un and then re-installing it several times, no go. Windows instantly gives me a "blockade runner has stopped working" message.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 07:19:18 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 07, 2013, 07:21:29 pm »

(removed reply to spammer)

The truth of the matter is though, the dev's for BR tried implimenting the systems they thought would be the most fun and creatiev to the players as a whole, but when stacked up with the multiplayer, it was just too dense.  The multiplayer servers kept crashing; players were losing their ships to corrupted data.  So they put a big STOP sign infront of everything else and dug into the multiplayer netcode with a passion.  Along the way they've done several things, including a save file converter that is totally lossless.  They've also set out the framework for in-ship systems like power and air supplies while they were at it, just to make sure all the hooks were in place in the code.

Anything else you might have questions with?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 03:13:38 am by Toady One »
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 07, 2013, 07:52:03 pm »

Anything else you might have questions with?
How similar is it to Corneroids?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 07, 2013, 11:31:22 pm »

Quite similiar, Aklyon, although at this point, the ZANMGT guys have decided to return their focus back to what they should have been doing in the first place.  They have most of the items coding in and the like; having already been working on such things as player inventories and whatnot; but they're postponing those in favor of going back to working on the ships themselves.

The major plan this year is to get the ships truely operational.  Oxygen, power, working consoles, collision and breaking-apart detection are all on the menu; and they're hoping a return to the two week updates.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 10, 2014, 11:50:02 am »

Woah. Nobody has posted in this thread for a YEAR??? So yeah, necroing it right now, sorry. But I think if you haven't, you might want to start getting your hopes up again for Blockade Runner. I remember getting all excited and anticipated for this in 2011, then 2012 rolled around and I just gave up. 2013 went by and nada. But they were beavering away the whole time writing up a flashy engine from scratch it seems. We are now only a short time away TM from an actual public release of the new editor and a return to adding actual content.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #357 on: April 10, 2014, 12:07:39 pm »

Yeah, seems like thread kinda died when The Long Delay began. I used to follow dev page up till few months back and yeah, it seems like a new update is definitely to come soon. There was some drama about the delay, at least on the official forums, but to be honest, the devs encountered problems that were out of their hands, that is, XNA support support shutting down and whatnot. It's cool they stick to their vision regardless, Blockade Runner seems like a such fun game it would be a shame to be left unfinished.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 30, 2014, 11:28:46 am »

Snippets from IRC Dev Chat today.

[01:02] <@Aaron[ZanMgt]> We're still integrating some major systems and cleaning up the new engine; overall plan is for a W28+W71 level of gameplay and stability by the end of summer.

[01:03] <Yolan> will it play noticibly different from the original W71?
[01:03] <Yolan> in terms of performance etc?
[01:03] <Yolan> or commands
[01:03] <@Aaron[ZanMgt]> Yolan: Eh, in some ways.  Some stuff we can talk about, some stuff we can't. =P
[01:03] <@Aaron[ZanMgt]> Yolan: Biggest change will be the fact that a majority of the game will be moddable via an API.

[01:03] <Yolan> once it is released, does it look likely that we will be back to bi-weekly release schedule?
[01:04] <@Aaron[ZanMgt]> (Plus a stable multiplayer, etc).
[01:04] <@Aaron[ZanMgt]> Yolan: Founder's have already been on a weekly/bi-weekly schedule. =]

01:06] <@Aaron[ZanMgt]> Yolan: Framerate will be better in places, but the long-awaiting voxel optimizations aren't really on the schedule for this summer.  This can change quickly depending on what we encounter when (we're very adaptive based on game's needs), but I'd just figure similar performance for now.

[01:07] <@Aaron[ZanMgt]> We've been able to learn a lot from our own mistakes as well as others, and built this new foundation to perform excellent where needed.

[01:21] <@Aaron[ZanMgt]> Yolan: Micah (who's only an entry level C# coder) was able to recreate a portion of our W71 functionality in Unity within two weeks.  The point is that "features" aren't difficult, it's when you're making sure the features can be built up without collapsing that takes a lot of work. ^^

[01:23] <@Aaron[ZanMgt]> Yolan: Yeah, we're still in some exploratory areas so I can't say specifically when a good portion of the ship systems will be properly integrated.  We're soon coming to a fork in the road where we need to get the server multi-sector mechanics installed correctly or focus on single sector mechanics.  Multi-sector functionality would be best implemented early, but that bumps the schedule for the ship systems down a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]