Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Runescape - Fantasy MMORPG: Bay 12 Guild Anyone ?  (Read 3033 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Runescape - Fantasy MMORPG: Bay 12 Guild Anyone ?
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2011, 11:28:57 pm »

But if your not grinding, what else do you do? Quests were alright, but over time changes in developers made them feel disjointed, so you could no longer enjoy any story line, and without that it was just "Talk to NPC * 20 > survive dungeon > Kill boss", most minigames were either not very enjoyable, gave no decent rewards, or were deserted. and most of time time taken up by boss slaying was world hopping. Fuck you and your team, we got into the Bandos room first, bitches!

With the sole exception of Barbarian Assault, fuck that game was good. Shame most people who played it were retarded and thought shooting the cannon looses you points.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2011, 01:11:25 am »

but over time changes in developers made them feel disjointed, so you could no longer enjoy any story line, and without that it was just "Talk to NPC * 20 > survive dungeon > Kill boss"

I dunno, there was that one Sinclair Mansion(I think that was the name) quest that was all based on talking. Plus, there WERE some other good ones, although my membership ran out a long time ago and I haven't played in ages. I never had many good skills anyway. I couldn't stand grinding, so I just did whatever quests were within my reach. Oh, and some of the minigames such as Gnome Cuisine/Treasure Trails. My skills ended up being around 40-60 mainly with the exception of Summoning, Dungeoneering, Construction, and perhaps one more that seemed just far too pointless.

Actually, come to think of it, from what I've read about Barbarian Assault, it seems like it'd be similar to the Jhen Mohran quest on MH3, only a lot more teamwork oriented. Of course, the obvious problem here is that the Runescape community is probably much worse than the MH3 community.
Also often called Boowells.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2011, 06:57:09 am »

I really enjoyed making pies in this game. And when I was member for a while I hunted mostly. I've never grinded for XP. Only for money (1k flax >.>)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2011, 09:33:13 am »

I've thought about getting back into this, as my lvl ~106 account is still around, but I keep remembering how grindy it gets... Honestly I didn't do much besides play Castle Wars after hitting level 90.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]