Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: A utility to remove useless laggy objects?  (Read 6298 times)

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: A utility to remove useless laggy objects?
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 06:54:33 pm »

Right well there's trying mine compile. MSVC 2010 Express edition. I have tested this on my own region and got help from an expert to get it nice and happy.

Happy does not mean it's without issue... but if you just want stuff gone forever... the -d flag is your friend (or the supplied batchfile)

Also recommended: be very specific in your dumping. loo(k) at things and dump them directly, or d b d for areas. The stock screen could lead to buildings going nova.

Consider this alpha software, but man does it feel good to dig out a new floor and then POOF all the garbage stone you don't want.

If you want to use it to MOVE things... be warned the game isn't quite sure what you just did to the local item cache, and you'll have to save and reload to interact with the items once moved.

And now the DFFD link: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4320  Pre-release of DFAutodump. Enjoy, and be careful ^-^
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2011, 07:08:49 pm »

Thanks for putting it on a sane site for me Eldrick.  I couldn't get mediafire to work without installing software... software I wasn't about to trust.

You? I trust.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Aalto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2011, 07:35:49 pm »

Argh, sorry about that, apparently it gets compiled with some gcc dependencies and I can't seem to get rid of those (I'm also very new to this so when the -static compiler flag doesn't work I'm stumped :P). Edited the link to point to a zip that should have everything you need.

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2011, 09:14:42 pm »

Argh, sorry about that, apparently it gets compiled with some gcc dependencies and I can't seem to get rid of those (I'm also very new to this so when the -static compiler flag doesn't work I'm stumped :P). Edited the link to point to a zip that should have everything you need.

It's... so... *falls apart* ITS SO DAMN BEAUTIFUL MAN...

Dude... To however coded this little gem, my hat off to you kind sir. And to Aalto, a big thank you for helping an utter noob like me. I'd like to also thank everyone involved in the dfhack project. Super amazing! Let's us enjoy the game, and I mainly use this as a little work around for some rough edges! It's grrrrrreat!

I'm off to delete the world now! MOUAHAHA! IT WORKS!! ITTTSSSW WORKING! *PARTY HATS*

THANK YOU!

PS: Eldrick I was about to try your method, but then Aalto just went crazy and uploaded the whole damn thing. Thank you nonetheless!
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2011, 11:03:02 pm »

Vhorthex: No worries... I forgot to say "Put it in your dfhack directory." Didn't even occur to me until I turned my monitor back on just now. Not like my package has the dfhack dll @.@

Aalto: Dependencies. Don't envy you in trying to figure out which dependencies are mandatory.

And in the end everyone wins. So it's all good ^-^v

And those random socks... tossed on the floor. They win and deserve NOTHING BUT THE VOID!
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2011, 11:07:52 pm »

And those random socks... tossed on the floor. They win and deserve NOTHING BUT THE VOID!

MOUAHAHHAHAH! I HAVE NUKED SOOO MANY ITEMS!

It feels like I'm in control! Seriously, even with "gather refuse outside" all the right permissions, no burrow assignments, 50+ idle dwarfs (which hauling jobs active)... certain items seemed to be very unpopular! :P

Now POUF! ALL GONE!

Thanks again to everyone!

Oh, yeah, I went from 15FPS back to 30FPS! Amazing! :D
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

Jarhyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2011, 11:28:39 pm »

If you use DFAutoDump you will still need to have all the dwarf fortress dependencies, IE DFHack core, preferably the latest version. I'll upload my binary folder at some point.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2011, 11:51:52 pm »

You could just give all plant thread, leather, silk, and wool boiling points of 10000 U.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 11:57:00 pm »

Or just a link to http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=58809.0 so peeps can just snag the full deal.

As for the file I put up I am tempted to bundle it with enough stuff to make it run on it's own. Just letting my brain catch a break... lest my little pre-release tool party ends up with "Wait lemme upload that again." zerg rushes like Aspectus has sometimes had -.-;

Lessee... dfhack.dll, msvc r and p dlls, license, memory.xml, and the dfhack readme.html file? plus dfad, and the dfad batfile... that's everyone I think `-`

Alright... ran okay from it's own dir with all it's "new friends" I'll just zip that dir up and reupload.

Seriously wish me luck here `-`; I do not wanna be file zerging for the next hour or something. Goofing with it tossing socks into oblivion? certainly. adding_just_one_more_file_I_forgot all night? no thank you.

Zip Updated. Zip Uploaded. Url the same: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4320

You could just give all plant thread, leather, silk, and wool boiling points of 10000 U.

It's not always as simple as that. (Moods for one thing). I latched onto socks because they were the first thing to frustrate me in Dinning Halls before I found out about the whole "Dwarves put their boots on FIRST, and then well they forget to take the boot off to put the sock back on" fiasco.

As for my own primary autodump use? I hate hauling stone. Sometimes even when I need it. But I'd rather finish the project NOW and worry about the stone I tossed into a magma hole later. However I've had poor sods dodge traffic INTO the magma holes before and I don't like to see "their torso is melted." on children. This? This solves that. ^-^

It also got me looking at code that wasn't just wiki backend markup.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 12:05:17 am by Eldrick Tobin »
--
Eldrick Tobin

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2011, 04:30:08 am »

When I try to run it, it tells me...

A file by this name was not included.  The most similar-looking file did not work when renamed, or when copied and renamed.

Pulled straight from the zip.

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2011, 08:49:00 am »

When I try to run it, it tells me...

A file by this name was not included.  The most similar-looking file did not work when renamed, or when copied and renamed.

Pulled straight from the zip.

Probably because the msvc 2010 redists isn't installed at all on your end "But I do have it installed." Oh I wouldn't be surprised if you did and it still barked about it not being available. Adding soonish.

Edit: *meanwhile -system is searching for dll- looks up why the errors might exist* I love when people -who should know- seem to get confused themselves. Stupid MSDN thread -.-;

Edit2: "What dll are you looking for? I don't have that >.> <.< Really I swear." Oh screw you windows... compiling it differently...

Edit3: Re-compiled, re-tested (who needs that piece of sandstone anyhow?), re-zipped, and re-uploaded. Compiled it "Release Win32" this time. Give it a whirl. Here's to hoping it's happier -I'd rather not have to play with "multithreaded" or "statically linked"
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:26:05 am by Eldrick Tobin »
--
Eldrick Tobin

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2011, 01:06:58 pm »

So I'm gonna assume I can stop watching this thread like a hawk... because Aspectus Lolin doesn't actually check itself for bugs and issues. Also as this house is about get get AC work done... I might lose power.

Either way I'm not gonna be watching the thread for a while. Enjoy the Release compile!
--
Eldrick Tobin

bumblepuppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2011, 01:54:10 am »

WOAH. My fort went from barely keeping above 50 FPS to ~95 FPS. I had to remove over 2000 items of merchant junk littered on the surface after goblin raids.

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2011, 07:18:25 pm »

WOAH. My fort went from barely keeping above 50 FPS to ~95 FPS. I had to remove over 2000 items of merchant junk littered on the surface after goblin raids.

50 FPS? Have you been playing your fortress for only 2 years? :P

After 10 years of sieges,  you'd be lucky to get 20 FPS. I finally can get 30 FPS (from 15) in my 12 YO fortress using this tool to cull 1000's of items that were just cluttering my fortress.

After 10 years, I couldn't even use the traders to sell off my crap, there'd always be 2 simultaneous sieges that would get triggered before the mechants could leave. And well, they'd die all over the map and scatter my crap. :P

This tool rocks! :P
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2011, 01:37:23 am »

http://www.mediafire.com/?0erck8tri0k4ei4

Compiled autodump. Also included a a simpler tool (plus source) I hacked together for myself to delete hidden items, which has the potential advantage of ignoring items in buildings by default (which you can override with -b).

Thanks for that. I use dumping for management purposes and this tool, which destroys only hidden stuff, is a life saver. Well, at least life comfort saver.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4