Liberal Crime Squad 4.04
I'm graduating from college. Let's celebrate with a new release!Full DownloadLCS 4.04 for WindowsSource Code
Instructions for compiling for Linux courtesy of Carlos Gustavos:
# Checkout from svn.
svn co https://lcsgame.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/lcsgame/trunk
# Enter directory.
# Some configuration.
# More configuration. Install whatever it says you're missing.
# Run game. The binary is in the src directory.
First you need an SVN client. SVN is a version control system that allows programmers to store code online easily and collaborate more effectively. If you don't have an SVN client, I recommend TortoiseSVN for its ease of use:http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads
TortoiseSVN adds a new option on your right click menus when you're in Windows Explorer, listing SVN options. Create a new folder anywhere you like and name it whatever you like. Then, right click on it or in blank space in it and select "SVN check out" or something named similarly in the drop down menu.
A pop up will give you options. The key one is the one listing where the repository is located online. You want to give it this URL:https://lcsgame.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/lcsgame/trunk
It will download the entire code base and all of the resources for Liberal Crime Squad into the folder you just created. This is the source code and supporting developer files for Liberal Crime Squad. Browse to the workspaces directory and open the Visual Studio project file. From here you can compile the game, edit any files you want, and otherwise engage in rampant modding.
If you don't have Visual Studio, you can get Visual C++ Express for free here:http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/visual-cpp-express
If this link doesn't work, just Google "Visual C++ Express" and it should turn up.
* Your squad will shoot back at the enemy when attempting to escape during a car chase, but the enemy will still shoot first. You can still shoot first (and avoid dangerous obstacles) by picking Fight instead of Drive.
* The enemy no longer has first strike when running away during a siege.
* Reduced the number of enemies confronting you when you exit your safehouse during a siege.
* Made the CEO much more skilled. Equipped him with a Desert Eagle, and made him sometimes use it. He can't be kidnapped unless badly injured, and is much less receptive to seduction attempts. The CEO will respawn if killed, but not if converted into a Liberal (unless he dies later).
* Made sleepers not trigger sieges on their location.
* Traps do somewhat less damage on average than they did before. Their victims will still be injured and easier to kill, but a smaller proportion of them will be already incapacitated.
* Updated to the latest version of PDCurses.
* Fixed text descriptions referencing removed skills.
* Self defense is now possible in court.
* Fixed inventory sorting crash bug.
* Made it so you can recruit guard dogs regardless of laws if you talk to them with someone with 20+ heart. L+ animal rights is still needed for recruiting the pet monsters at the CEO's house.
* Made combat more deadly in general, by removing the last coarse damage reductions.
* High strength increases melee damage more than it did before.
* Melee weapons now penetrate armor more effectively if wielded by high strength characters.
* Tanks are now possible to damage and kill with standard weapons.
* Increased the tank's main cannon attack power tenfold. It now destroys anything it hits, including Liberal armor (and the person wearing it).
* Tanks are harder to outrun in foot chases.
* No variation in siege length based on number of people or whether you have fortifications.
* Reduced the number of subjects you can teach to 3, concentrating most skills under them. For example, fighting now includes martial arts, dodge, and first aid.
* Unknown why spawn locations outside the map were occurring. A possible fix is used, hard-coding the available area and forcing the Desert Eagle Bar & Grill to use a more standard map size.
* Fixed crash bug when you execute or release the last member of a squad.
* Your highest skill sleeper lawyer will always represent you, regardless of infiltration level.
* Sleepers no longer require high effectiveness to give advance warning of imminent raids.
* Sleepers gain effectiveness at a less consistent rate, and can lose small amounts too. The average rate after these changes should be the same.
* Sleepers gain effectiveness as fast as laying low with most activities (except advocate liberalism), and gain juice much faster when active. Lay low is still available as a way to park them and raise effectiveness at zero risk.
* Fixed a bug causing animals and tanks to sometimes get scared and not attack.
* Various other changes made during the break between releases, including a fix for the inventory sorting crash bug.