Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: LCS 4.04 Download (April 2011 Graduation Gift)  (Read 87559 times)

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.04 Download (April 2011 Graduation Gift)
« Reply #330 on: November 19, 2011, 03:33:34 pm »

Regardless of how much you believe in something, it's not like your going to be giving out hundreds of dollars to a guy on the street asking for donations.

I want a cure for Aids, but I don't really want to be donating large amounts of money.
Yeah, but that's a very persuasive liberal spending his entire day talking to many liberals that would become terrorists for him after a couple of days of casual political discussions.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 19, 2011, 03:35:36 pm »

Regardless of how much you believe in something, it's not like your going to be giving out hundreds of dollars to a guy on the street asking for donations.

I want a cure for Aids, but I don't really want to be donating large amounts of money.
Yeah, but that's a very persuasive liberal spending his entire day talking to many liberals that would become terrorists for him after a couple of days of casual political discussions.
Touche good sir, touche.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 20, 2011, 12:43:55 am »

Bah, and I was doing so good.. Have lots of funds, was working on getting some inside people in the police, and a raid arrived.  They killed everybody except my main character who managed to escape unharmed. 

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #333 on: November 20, 2011, 05:23:39 am »

Speaking of which, soliciting donations needs to be buffed. My high persuasion founder, in an expensive suit, with 100% of people respecting the power of the LCS and 98% of them liking me, barely pulls a few dollars a day. As I said, soliciting donations needs a buff...

This is probably because currently, the more Liberal society is, the less money you can raise. In this case it isn't about how well known or popular you are; it's about how desperate the people you solicit are to see you win. If the people who agree with you aren't desperate, they'll give their money to a political candidate instead of a group of political terrorists.

That's the theory anyway. None of this is mentioned in game. Just yet another example of undocumented LCS features with non-intuitive results.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 20, 2011, 05:39:41 am »

Speaking of which, soliciting donations needs to be buffed. My high persuasion founder, in an expensive suit, with 100% of people respecting the power of the LCS and 98% of them liking me, barely pulls a few dollars a day. As I said, soliciting donations needs a buff...

This is probably because currently, the more Liberal society is, the less money you can raise. In this case it isn't about how well known or popular you are; it's about how desperate the people you solicit are to see you win. If the people who agree with you aren't desperate, they'll give their money to a political candidate instead of a group of political terrorists.

That's the theory anyway. None of this is mentioned in game. Just yet another example of undocumented LCS features with non-intuitive results.
So you'd make more money with all laws at C+?
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #335 on: November 20, 2011, 05:45:40 am »

The way it's currently implemented, you'd make more money when public opinion is extremely conservative. You won't find many Liberals, but those that do will feel extremely ostracized and powerless.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 20, 2011, 05:45:58 am »

Well, as far as I can see, the more conservative society is, the more suffering, down-trodden people there are desperate for some form, any form of hope. Thus they, y'know, give tonnes of money to a bunch of psychotic murderers. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 20, 2011, 06:01:12 am »

That means...

Start Nightmare mode.

Use a bug to train persuasion to 10+.

Send a lot of people out with suits to get money.

Wait.

Get tons of cash.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 20, 2011, 06:39:23 am »

Well, the game has a lot of get-rich-quick schemes. One of the most exciting I've discovered so far is hiring a bunch of hippies, juicing them up a bit if feasible, having them play guitars until their skills are super high, sending them to give impromptu concerts to corporate managers, who then embezzle ALL THE MONEY.

Which really isn't very fast or efficient. Fun, though.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 20, 2011, 07:47:13 am »

Well, the game has a lot of get-rich-quick schemes. One of the most exciting I've discovered so far is hiring a bunch of hippies, juicing them up a bit if feasible, having them play guitars until their skills are super high, sending them to give impromptu concerts to corporate managers, who then embezzle ALL THE MONEY.

I'll have to try that. How'd you juice them up? And how much juice do they need?

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 20, 2011, 08:52:04 am »

I'll have to try that. How'd you juice them up? And how much juice do they need?

If your not afraid of getting them wanted destroying textile equipment is a good idea. And industrial equipment. Industrial works best on conservative laws.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 20, 2011, 01:03:28 pm »

I have them go inside the CCS hideout and shoot some conservatives. It's somewhat safe if you find a small group and don't stick around after they go down. :P

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 21, 2011, 12:36:55 am »

If I sold the knowledge of this thread to Fox News I could buy my own island somewhere..

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 21, 2011, 12:38:04 am »

If I sold the knowledge of this thread to Fox News I could buy my own island somewhere..
Quick! Get him before he rats us out!

Later on fox news....

"THIS JUST IN, WE HAVE REPORTS OF A TERRORIST GROUP OF LIBERALS KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE! MORE AT 5."
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 21, 2011, 12:42:43 am »

Then I'd be one of the 1%, I could buy and sell people like you :)

Fox could save money on the report too cause they wouldn't really need to have a bunch of people spend time and money spinning it to mean something else.  Its called "Liberal Crime Squad" and a major part of the game is influencing the government and killing conservatives.  Heck there is a tab called "The Status of the Liberal Agenda".

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27