Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: LCS 4.04 Download (April 2011 Graduation Gift)  (Read 87483 times)

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.04 Download (April 2011 Graduation Gift)
« Reply #345 on: November 21, 2011, 05:35:31 am »

That's actually a good idea. Fox should sell knowledge of this forum to Fox as an 'antonymous source', and increase traffic. Any publicity is good publicity!

Edit: If you decide to actually do that, feel free to delete these posts I've made about it.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:47:02 am by klingon13524 »
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 21, 2011, 12:23:22 pm »

Someone should send a link to this forum to Conservapedia too, might be good for a laugh!

zekiel321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 22, 2011, 06:40:27 am »

NICE!! Thank you.... Ima graduate too!! An update that has a wait no more....  ;) But sadly after graduation its work time, But of course i will squeeze time for this.... Hell yeah....

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 23, 2011, 12:14:43 am »

NICE!! Thank you.... Ima graduate too!! An update that has a wait no more....  ;) But sadly after graduation its work time, But of course i will squeeze time for this.... Hell yeah....
A little bit too late to be freaking out about an update from April isn't it?...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #349 on: November 23, 2011, 03:05:44 am »

A little bit too late to be freaking out about an update from April isn't it?...

If it's the first time you've checked in a year or so, then there's no time like the present. ;)

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 28, 2011, 10:54:24 am »

I'm trying to learn programming and I've decided to poke my head around in the LCS source code, but i'm not shure if I can. Do I have to use IE in order to get it? Also, what compiler would you suggest?
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 28, 2011, 09:52:27 pm »

I'm trying to learn programming and I've decided to poke my head around in the LCS source code, but i'm not shure if I can. Do I have to use IE in order to get it? Also, what compiler would you suggest?

My suggestion is to use TortoiseSVN to download the source code and Microsoft Visual C++ as your IDE and compiler (the Express version is free, if you don't have it). You can see the first post for a detailed explanation of how to do this, including links to the two programs. If the IE question is because the Windows explanation mentioned Windows Explorer, that's just the built-in Windows interface for displaying and navigating folders and your desktop. TortoiseSVN integrates with it to add options to the Windows right-click menu. None of the process is browser based except installing the relevant programs, and your choice of browser won't impact things.

Another option for downloading the source code is to just go here, scroll to the bottom, and click "Download GNU Tarball". You'll probably need something more fancy than WinZip to open it, but it contains the same files you'd get the other way. This method is easier, but the disadvantage of doing this is that you'll have to completely redownload and lose all your changes if you want to get a later version of the source code, which can get very annoying very fast. SVN avoids that by just updating the files that have changes, and merges your changes with changes other people have made. It's also a pretty bread and butter piece of software for many programmers, so if you're exploring programming, it's not bad to have a client installed -- it'll make it easier to download source code on many other open source projects as well. If you want to use another SVN client besides TortoiseSVN, you can do that too -- just give it the same URL from the explanation when you do the SVN checkout command. I recommend TortoiseSVN because it's by far my favorite SVN client, it's free, and it's easier to use than most alternatives.

The reason I suggest Visual Studio as your compiler and IDE is because you can just open the project file in the workspaces directory and it'll have everything already loaded into the IDE and ready to compile in one click. That there's a free version also helps.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 09:56:18 pm by Jonathan S. Fox »

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 29, 2011, 04:49:06 am »

My suggestion is to use TortoiseSVN to download the source code and Microsoft Visual C++ as your IDE and compiler (the Express version is free, if you don't have it). You can see the first post for a detailed explanation of how to do this, including links to the two programs. If the IE question is because the Windows explanation mentioned Windows Explorer, that's just the built-in Windows interface for displaying and navigating folders and your desktop. TortoiseSVN integrates with it to add options to the Windows right-click menu. None of the process is browser based except installing the relevant programs, and your choice of browser won't impact things.

Another option for downloading the source code is to just go here, scroll to the bottom, and click "Download GNU Tarball". You'll probably need something more fancy than WinZip to open it, but it contains the same files you'd get the other way. This method is easier, but the disadvantage of doing this is that you'll have to completely redownload and lose all your changes if you want to get a later version of the source code, which can get very annoying very fast. SVN avoids that by just updating the files that have changes, and merges your changes with changes other people have made. It's also a pretty bread and butter piece of software for many programmers, so if you're exploring programming, it's not bad to have a client installed -- it'll make it easier to download source code on many other open source projects as well. If you want to use another SVN client besides TortoiseSVN, you can do that too -- just give it the same URL from the explanation when you do the SVN checkout command. I recommend TortoiseSVN because it's by far my favorite SVN client, it's free, and it's easier to use than most alternatives.

The reason I suggest Visual Studio as your compiler and IDE is because you can just open the project file in the workspaces directory and it'll have everything already loaded into the IDE and ready to compile in one click. That there's a free version also helps.
So your saying that if I use the recommended program, my (probably idiotic and buggy) changes would be added to the latest trunk?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 29, 2011, 10:50:52 am »

No, not unless you're added to the Sourceforge project, input your username and password, and do an SVN commit action. Unless you've been approved to commit to SVN, your changes can't make it to trunk accidentally.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 26, 2011, 12:49:26 pm »

You should do this.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #355 on: December 26, 2011, 02:22:18 pm »

Since that quote is taken out of context, I'd like to add that it was in response to Nienhaus asking if I would put LCS up on Desura and if I would update it.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

lavenders2

• Bay Watcher
  • The cheese stands alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 04, 2012, 05:59:20 pm »

Since that quote is taken out of context, I'd like to add that it was in response to Nienhaus asking if I would put LCS up on Desura and if I would update it.
I really do think that this game would go well on Desura.
It would give it plenty of attention, although I am not too sure if you can put it on Desura for free. If you could, I could imagine plenty going to download it to see what the fuzz is about!
Economies of scale: Dathominion Co.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 05, 2012, 07:20:52 am »

Or they can come here and download it.

terroroinker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 07, 2012, 08:23:49 am »

Oops.. wrong thread.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 08:27:36 am by terroroinker »

Logen910

• Bay Watcher
  • Biting people to death since 126,000 B.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 02, 2012, 01:27:47 pm »

I really enjoyed this game. So is there still someone working on it?
This is a russian player. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with blood, death and pain and encircled with bands of bad grammar mistakes.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27