Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: LCS 4.04 Download (April 2011 Graduation Gift)  (Read 87489 times)

Dibuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.04 Download (April 2011 Graduation Gift)
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2011, 03:39:03 am »

I LOVE YOU MR FOX!

I was visiting just random and thought "Meh, like there is a new release..." And then I cryed manly tears.

Also, how did the finals go?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 04:04:34 am by Dibuk »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2011, 04:59:25 am »

I didn't know what "CSA" stood for in my management final, so I wrote that it stood for Confederate States of America, and said it meant "effin rebels". I think I passed.

Dibuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2011, 05:08:10 am »

I didn't know what "CSA" stood for in my management final, so I wrote that it stood for Confederate States of America, and said it meant "effin rebels". I think I passed.

Hehe, I bet you will get full score on that question!

Oh, have you fixed the "bug 2" that Elodie Hiras spoke about? I don't want to start a new game with that there...

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2011, 05:21:47 am »

Oh, have you fixed the "bug 2" that Elodie Hiras spoke about? I don't want to start a new game with that there...

Not yet, but I'll probably release a follow-up soon. I wouldn't hesitate to start a new game; fixing this bug won't break save compatibility, and the presence of the bug won't prevent you from doing anything in game or cause any crashes or instability. It just means that pressing 2 selects option 3 in the teaching menu, and pressing 3 selects option 2. Pretty easy to work around!

Dibuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2011, 05:37:05 am »

Not yet, but I'll probably release a follow-up soon. I wouldn't hesitate to start a new game; fixing this bug won't break save compatibility, and the presence of the bug won't prevent you from doing anything in game or cause any crashes or instability. It just means that pressing 2 selects option 3 in the teaching menu, and pressing 3 selects option 2. Pretty easy to work around!

Oh I must have misread it, Well then To Liberal knife murdering it is! (I wish there was a combat knife...)

Yannanth

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2011, 05:48:40 am »

« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 05:31:01 am by Yannanth »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2011, 06:23:50 am »

Say, I'm about to start my turn in the succession game (I'm actually the 2nd player) and I was wondering--are LCS 4.031 savegames compatible with version 4.04 savegames?

I'd assume so, looking at the changes but I seriously want to avoid various bugs that could corrupt the save file. If 4.04 is fully compatible, please tell me!

No, unfortunately the 4.03 line is not compatible with the 4.04 line. Trying to load the succession game in 4.04 would just delete the succession game. Probably not catastrophic, since I imagine you could redownload it, but definitely not the desired behavior.

If memory serves, the problem was some added data in sieges that changed the size of location data objects. Since the LCS save/load functionality isn't very robust, if the game attempted to load an older save game, it would try to load a location data object of exactly X bytes, when the data object was saved with X-8 bytes, which ends up causing cascading corruption problems of that object and everything loaded after it. The game won't actually do that because it will identify the older save as being incompatible. Since LCS only supports one save file, preserving the old save would prevent you from playing the game, so it just deletes the incompatible save and starts a new game in its place.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2011, 06:47:32 am »

The link in the OP for the source doesn't actually compile. The permissions are wrong (easy to fix) but some of the folders are missing (NEWS and ChangeLog, don't know why we need 'em but it throws up errors and won't autoreconf).

If those folders and their contents are added, it works fine.

FYI

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2011, 01:40:33 am »

The link in the OP for the source doesn't actually compile. The permissions are wrong (easy to fix) but some of the folders are missing (NEWS and ChangeLog, don't know why we need 'em but it throws up errors and won't autoreconf).

If those folders and their contents are added, it works fine.

FYI

Thanks for the heads up. I've replaced the download and it should be fixed.

buerokrat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
sitemaps.txt
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2011, 08:09:51 am »

In saveload.cpp, selectedsiege must be read and written as integer as it is declared, not as long. Then you can save and load games even under linux. How can I submit patches? However, this does not solve the problem with sitemaps.txt.

And: Congratulations to your gradiation!

gyscos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2011, 02:19:21 pm »

The latest svn version (revision 500) doesn't compile (on linux at least), the make just returns an "Error 1" about crimesquad-activities...
Is that normal ?
Also, is there a thread / channel dedicated to the svn branch ?

EDIT : as a side note, concerning the 499 revision, the "make install" successfully copy the executable to a bin folder, and create a /usr/share/local/lcs/art folder with files inside, but calling "crimesquad" from a folder that is not the source folder leads to "FAILED to load vehicles.xml!" and other similar errors... (and, by the way, it seems curse doesn't close properly in this case, as the console is all screwed up after)
Setting the LCS_ART_DIR variable to the art directory doesn't change a thing...
Also, I tried to copy a save file from Windows to replace the existing save file from linux, and it only lead to another error :

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
what():  std::bad_alloc
Abandon
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 03:07:14 pm by gyscos »

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2011, 04:03:40 pm »

Looks good. My google attempt gave me some farming links (community supported agriculture?) and some Cisco Security Agent thing. The latter sounds cool, like Kato from Green Hornet, but Cisco instead. And he's a Security Guard - Agent hybrid, karate chopping and shooting at Liberals alongside his bestest buddies, the Guard Dogs. Before he was betrayed and man's best friend turned into a Liberal Canine Hero.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2011, 09:12:00 am »

This release doesn't seem to have a lot of bugs, so it's okay to clutter the thread with generic feature requests, right? I think managing to convert a conservative into a liberal with guitar playing (or other diplomacy attacks I guess) should give at least some juice. Playing Liberal music at trigger-happy Conservatives is a risky activity, and succeeding definitely feels like a moral victory.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2011, 06:27:05 pm »

... Isn't CSA referring to the Central States of America?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2011, 07:18:35 pm »

Google dictionary says Confederate.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27