Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Custom Languages: Project Status: Complete  (Read 11535 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: Custom Languages: Project Status: Complete
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2011, 03:13:43 am »

This seems very handy for both novice and bored DF users! Well done!
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2011, 09:16:40 am »

I'd like to use French for the Meowkin in LFR.  Assuming I give credit (of course), would this be alright with you?

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2011, 11:24:48 am »

I'd like to use French for the Meowkin in LFR.  Assuming I give credit (of course), would this be alright with you?

Sure that's no problem, my flatmate is French btw and we hand-checked about third of it, he's interested in tweaking it a bit more, so there might be a further "French" update down the track, guaranteed super-accurate like I could only dream for the other languages. One improvisation I used is in the French term for "Dragon". I translated this as "Fire Lizard" (Lezard de Feu) because the French word was just "Dragon" anyway, so not much fun.

@Ultimuh: I took out the Ææ Øø Åå etc because DF won't display them correctly for me, this was the last thing that I did before packing up the last upload because I wanted these to work out of the box for general users. As for google, it was the only way I could bulk-translate the whole list quickly, I knew there would be a need to tweak the languages and was hoping others might be interested in helping out. I can send you a Danish file with the accents if you like.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2011, 12:37:55 pm »

Sure that's no problem, my flatmate is French btw and we hand-checked about third of it, he's interested in tweaking it a bit more, so there might be a further "French" update down the track, guaranteed super-accurate like I could only dream for the other languages. One improvisation I used is in the French term for "Dragon". I translated this as "Fire Lizard" (Lezard de Feu) because the French word was just "Dragon" anyway, so not much fun.

@Ultimuh: I took out the Ææ Øø Åå etc because DF won't display them correctly for me, this was the last thing that I did before packing up the last upload because I wanted these to work out of the box for general users. As for google, it was the only way I could bulk-translate the whole list quickly, I knew there would be a need to tweak the languages and was hoping others might be interested in helping out. I can send you a Danish file with the accents if you like.

Awesome, thank you very much!  It'll work its way into the next update (when I'm done with finals).

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2011, 02:12:25 pm »

I can send you a Danish file with the accents if you like.

No need for that, I can translate it for myself so it's no big deal really.

Eroing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2011, 03:51:39 pm »

If you're looking for someone to do swedish, just give me a yell! :-)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2011, 04:23:26 pm »

Fancy doing Swedish for the Genesis mod? We have over 400-800 users judging by the DFFD download numbers.
I did Finnish in about 5-9 hours and the resulting file also has my notes on how the game uses some words.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2011, 05:21:46 pm »

how about estonian?
I am a Goober.

Eroing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2011, 05:57:18 pm »

Fancy doing Swedish for the Genesis mod? We have over 400-800 users judging by the DFFD download numbers.
I did Finnish in about 5-9 hours and the resulting file also has my notes on how the game uses some words.

I guess so.. :-) are you in charge of it or just telling me that they might need a swedish translator? If you're in charge you could send me a pm with a way to contact you(i.e msn), since I'm not very active on these forums.. :)

carriontrooper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2011, 08:47:18 am »

Righteous bump to know of whatever progress we have. So, any progress? What languages are we working on?
I am wretched, but I am STRONG!
I am the future... I AM ZERG!
LIVE FOR THE SWARRRRMMMMMMMM

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2011, 10:17:03 pm »

BUMP'ATA'BUMP'ATA'BUMP-BUMP-BUMP!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.