Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Nothing"  (Read 1364 times)

Golbolco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Nothing"
« on: September 10, 2015, 02:36:44 pm »

While spawning in creatures in the arena, I noticed that several creatures were listed as "nothing". Whenever I tried to spawn them, they would crash the game. Anyone got any idea on what's causing this?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: "Nothing"
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 02:40:38 pm »

What modifications have you made?
If you have done none this seems like it's in the wrong section of the forums.
However if you made a new creature, or material, or something else it could have been a missing "]" or maybe be a case of copy/pasta (forgot to change an ID now there are DUPE raws)

EDIT:
If no modifications where made this "nothing" is new to me and I also wish to know how many have also had this issue

Golbolco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 02:52:01 pm »

I've taken LFR as a base modification and have added Dark Ages, The Earth Strikes Back, and Civilization Forge. I had plans to add more until an unrelated problem arose, which is apparently some kind of bug (world keeps rejecting because of farming civs being too infrequent), so I was just messing around in the arena.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 03:03:53 pm »

I've taken LFR as a base modification and have added Dark Ages, The Earth Strikes Back, and Civilization Forge. I had plans to add more until an unrelated problem arose, which is apparently some kind of bug (world keeps rejecting because of farming civs being too infrequent), so I was just messing around in the arena.
Creatures get tagged as nothing if they don't have a caste name.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Golbolco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 04:01:32 pm »

Alright, thanks - is the crashing linked to that too?