Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Naryar's modding (Demon Mod + Megabeast Mod)  (Read 35401 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Naryar's modding (Demon Mod v1.0 is out !)
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2012, 11:56:04 am »

downloaded, and was looking at your Obsidian Colossi, where does it get it's CLAW tissue from? I see nothing that assigns a CLAW tissue.

Just under the line that changes all tissues to the defined ROCK

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ROCK]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:CLAW:FRONT]

Also did you want your clossi's eyes to be red when removed? or show up as "Its eyes are red" in its description.

yeah these red eyes are not very well defined right now. But it's just aesthetics, so not the most important. Maybe I'll make them of rubies, so if you butcher it you can get not only tons of obsidian, but rubies as well.

Also If you don't mind Could I submit a demon?

Of course you can. If I find it interesting and demonic enough, I will include it in next release.

I may include as well a demon made of steel (mostly to provide more threat, and a source of steel), and maybe Lovecraftian monstruosities and various demon lords as megabeasts.
My idea was a steel clad demon yes. :P

Also
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:CLAW:FRONT]
I saw that, but the only tissue acually defined is ROCK I'll do a test and see if the error log yells at me about OBSIDIAN_CLOSSI not having a CLAW tissue.

Also if you like I can make the eyes show up as red, and make the eyes from rubies (try my hand as EBO tags)

and
   [TISSUE:ROCK]
      [TISSUE_NAME:obsidian:NP]
      [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:OBSIDIAN]
      [MUSCULAR]
      [FUNCTIONAL]
      [STRUCTURAL]
      [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:7]
      [THICKENS_ON_STRENGTH]
      [CONNECTS]
      [TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
is the only tissue the OC has, I see no b_detail plans that could give the other CLAW tissue.

Now please don't be thinking im bashing your work, These are very cool :P

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2012, 12:20:05 pm »

Well I can assure you the claws work, and claw well ! It's mostly because I changed HUMANOID_SIMPLE to HUMANOID, added claws and then changed everything to obsidian. So the claws are obsidian.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2013, 07:25:26 am »

Been a while since I posted here. anyways I made a new demon. It's essentially a minotaur made of steel, and it exsudes cursed blood that makes any creature stronger and more violent... at the expense of some other things.

I wonder if I can get it to work as a decent steel source.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2013, 11:23:45 pm »

I don't see the Bebilith raws.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2013, 06:55:40 am »

Here it is. Is the download not working, or does not contain bebilith raws ?

I think it's too weak, mostly it should have the GCS's problem of "fangs cannot pierce anything metallic". Maybe i'll change their mouths to adamantine or something.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2013, 11:09:11 am »

Download is working, and bebilith is in the raws. I do miss the graphics/sprites however. Both deon and me once made some for your demons.

If you want to make it stronger, you could add a contact syndrome to the webs...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2013, 12:47:02 pm »

Download is working, and bebilith is in the raws. I do miss the graphics/sprites however. Both deon and me once made some for your demons.

If you want to make it stronger, you could add a contact syndrome to the webs...

I think i may still have the graphics somewhere...

on the subject of toxic webs, while it would be a cool idea... I intend to see bebilith silk used as a superior version of GCS silk (most notably more expensive and fire immune), so i'm not too sure.

anyways, i just made something Lovecraftian and far deadlier than most of the demons:

and now I realize that I should be able to do different fiend lords (ala Mamnon, Lucifer, Behemoth, Baal Zebub, etc) with the caste system. Should be good for the "hell megabeast" system. That should be cool and add demons with even more capacities.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2013, 12:58:26 pm »

I approve. 10 years is a bit much though. ^^

You mention lovecraft... I made a Soggoth for my mod. They have 16 tentacles, and every time you cut one off, it transformes into another soggoth... again with 16 tentacles. Arena tests show that engaging them in melee is suicide and will result in thousands of them. Sooner or later. I keep them as a rare easter egg something.

I was planning on a fake chaos civ, with all non-flying depth5:5 creatures to be some sort of armored chaos warrior, similar to warhammer. Caste system and all. That way you open the circus, get your regular flying demon rush, and after that you can find your way to the bottom of hell, to fight a new enemy.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2013, 01:09:32 pm »

I approve. 10 years is a bit much though. ^^

You mention lovecraft... I made a Soggoth for my mod. They have 16 tentacles, and every time you cut one off, it transformes into another soggoth... again with 16 tentacles. Arena tests show that engaging them in melee is suicide and will result in thousands of them. Sooner or later. I keep them as a rare easter egg something.

I was planning on a fake chaos civ, with all non-flying depth5:5 creatures to be some sort of armored chaos warrior, similar to warhammer. Caste system and all. That way you open the circus, get your regular flying demon rush, and after that you can find your way to the bottom of hell, to fight a new enemy.

So... can you make underground-siege or hell-siege civilizations ? That would be interesting...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2013, 01:13:50 pm »

You can make underground sieges and ambushes, but you cant make hell sieges or ambushes. Thats why I said fake civ. Just a selection of creatures with similar sprites, names and theme... probably using bodyparts and tissues as armorlayer and weapons (like golems or armormen). But you can abuse the fact that only flying demons spawn when you breach the adam tube. You give them frequency:1, and all these chaos-civ dudes frequency:100... this way you get the fliers once, and after that hell mostly spawns custom ground units.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2013, 12:14:54 am »

I meant it wasn't on the page :D

And I think I love you for the Old One description. That's one of my favorite LotR quotes.

Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2013, 05:55:38 pm »

soo i modded hydra the to be more dangerous (by the way the Dragon-stuff template is basically iron) and to change the creatures that touched it's blood into a sort of more advanced reptile man, which I created as well.

Problem is that it changes the creature into a damn toad in arena mode. Funny ? Yup. Not what I wanted ? Yes, as well. I checked the raws, and i don't see my error. (It's the first time that I use ce_ body_transformation though)

Here are the raws:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 05:28:55 pm by Naryar »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2013, 03:22:12 am »

I modded the bronze colossus to be generally more dangerous (magma crab-like projectile attack, brings weapons, high natural skills as minotaur, learns)

They now bleed (far less than most creatures), and their blood transforms dwarves into...well, miniature bronze colossuses, really.

i also fixed the hydra, i'll post the raws in the previous post.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2013, 05:51:35 am »

Your HYDRA_SPAWN has MALE and FEMALE castes, try replacing DEFAULT with MALE in  [CE:CREATURE:HYDRA_SPAWN:DEFAULT], or make hydra spawn to have a single caste and name it appropriately (and use its name).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2013, 05:27:42 pm »

yeah i realized it, i got an example in the modding thread.

new demon right here. It's basically a very small flying flesh ball without blood and a necrotic cloud attack.

Yes, it's just as deadly as it seems.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 05:31:31 pm by Naryar »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5