Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Zelda World Generator Project  (Read 6770 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda World Generator Project
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 04:28:33 am »

I get some error and can't run the game.

So did it just do the colored keys thing like Doom?
There's keycards, but also stuff like "Okay, there's a broken glide bike that needs a POWER CONVERTER to work". That item is located in a building that needs a green keycard that you can trade with a wookie for a COMM CRYSTAL which you found in a deserted town. Now the glide bike can bring you to area 2 where there's a few people held prisoner but you need a CARBONITE SAMPLE to bribe the jailor, but you already found that in an abandoned fortress that was crawling with monsters. Now the jailor still refuses so you use the force on him, which you obtained from the spirit of obi-wan in an oasis in the desert. The released prisoner gives you a POWER COUPLING which you can use to repair the ship of a crashed pilot, who gives you a BEAM DRILL in return, which you use to get through a landslide that blocked off a part of the world, etc etc.

So there's little premade stories and quests chained together, with predefined mini-dungeons and a random overworld map, and besides the whole main quest item-hunt there's some side stuff to be found such as weapons and medkits, teleporters, minipuzzles etc. The combat sucks, though.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2011, 01:06:07 am »

It looks like most of the open zelda stuff just kind of goes for like one dungeon or less. As such I think I won't worry about trying to make any of what I'm doing interface with that.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 03:41:46 pm by Shoku »
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2011, 12:36:26 pm »

Anyone feel like I shouldn't learn and do this in python?
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2011, 06:04:35 pm »

Anyone feel like I shouldn't learn and do this in python?

Nah, python is great for this sort of thing.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 2 [3]