Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Freezing Machinery  (Read 1166 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Freezing Machinery
« on: October 31, 2007, 03:27:00 pm »

I've been experimenting with pumps and windmills. On one map, I've had this strange problem.

It's not strange that machines pumping water will freeze if it gets too cold. Nor is a block of ice appearing if you dismantle a frozen piece, though it does have a weird effect - I dismantled a frozen gearbox, it left a block of ice, and the axle and windmill hanging above it were safely positioned on the said block, and were happily spinning. Until I mined out the block. Anyways. The problem I have is this - the screw pump, the new gearbox I put above it, and the windmill above that, are all showing "Frozen elsewhere" - while they shouldn't at all, it is already summer.

So, the problem is probably somewhere in the pump in my example - it remembers that the gearbox was frozen, despite it no longer being there, and feeds that data to the other components. While power is still supplied, due to the meta-freezing nothing works.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Freezing Machinery
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 11:06:00 pm »

Okay, I'll take a look at that.  It should update the machine when the building is removed, but that part is probably bugged.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!