Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 -Rebooting  (Read 70138 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 1 - Replacement requested
« Reply #195 on: June 13, 2011, 12:58:56 pm »

LNCP, is there a reason you quoted me?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 13, 2011, 01:01:49 pm »

Sigh, well, here's a question for everybody voting Breadbocks.  Are you all going to keep your vote on Breadbocks after the replacement comes in?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 13, 2011, 01:15:18 pm »

Toony:
Sigh, well, here's a question for everybody voting Breadbocks.  Are you all going to keep your vote on Breadbocks after the replacement comes in?

I find this indirect defense of Breadbocks highly suspicious.

"Hey everyone, don't forget to unvote him when he gets replaced!"

What scummy things he's done are done.

Joker:  Why don't you like having the most votes on someone who asked for a replacement (after he got said votes?)

Who do you suspect now?

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 13, 2011, 01:18:23 pm »

LNCP, is there a reason you quoted me?

No, actually.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 13, 2011, 04:04:51 pm »

I shall sub in for Breadbocks!  After all, it's no fun unless the guy you're subbing in for is on death's door.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 1 - Replacement found
« Reply #200 on: June 13, 2011, 04:15:02 pm »

Thanks, Leaf! Role PM has been sent.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 13, 2011, 05:10:32 pm »

Welcome, Leafsnail. I trust you've been filled in? Any comments on breadbocks' play?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 13, 2011, 05:15:28 pm »

Yes.

Why do you care?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 1 - Back to the snow
« Reply #203 on: June 13, 2011, 05:25:54 pm »

Firstly: I am a kook.

Anyway, so, I subbed in assuming that breadbocks had done something horrifically scummy in order to get 5 votes.  I read, and find that... with one exception, every vote that is now on me is stupid.  Really, really stupid.  So I guess the next thing for me to do is to expose the stupidity.

Spoiler: Dariush (click to show/hide)
Conclusion: Dariush's vote on me is stupid, and he should either remove it or make up a better excuse to vote me.

Spoiler: lordnincompoop (click to show/hide)
Conclusion: Lordnincompoop's initial vote on me was groundless, and he's given absolutely no reason why he thought breadbocks was scum at any point.  "Random voting then not changing at all ever while being passive as fuck" is an interesting tactic for avoiding attention - I would like you to justify this as well.

Spoiler: EvilTwin (click to show/hide)
Conclusion: EvilTwin's vote is very flimsy and unexplained.  It seems like it could be just there to extract information, but I don't think breadbocks really knew what he was being asked with this one.

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)
Conclusion: Darvi's vote on breadbock's is hasty and not backed up in any way at all.  It also seems to contradict his FoS of Dariush if he doesn't explain it further.

So, those are the stupid votes.  Time to move on to the exception.

Unvote.
breadbocks is scum, because this is exactly the sort of stuff he does as scum. He rides popular opinion for his suspicions, and then when people ask him about it he lurks like a motherfucker and avoids making a case. He did it in BMXXI and again in BMXXIII.

Dariush... does stuff like this. I'm not going to call him scum so quickly because this is exactly what I expect from him, and the stuff he's been accused of isn't completely damning. I'm keeping an eye on him of course.

In that vein, unvote Jokerman-EXE, breadbocks.
This vote is not stupid.  Not at all, Jim Groovester.

You start by making a vague meta argument which you assume noone is gonna bother to check.  What I find interesting is how you apparently pointed it out at the time but did absolutely nothing about it.  Even though this argument is now damning enough to earn a vote, at the time it didn't earn an FoS.  Or a question.  Or anything at all.  In other words... this argument only shows that breadbocks is scum when you want it to show that breadbocks is scum.  Unless you're saying that his lurking and the fact that EvilTwin finally prodded you for doing nothing all day is what sealed the deal.

You then make the most pathetically passive, cautious defence I have ever seen of Dariush.  You say that what he is accused of "isn't completely damning" which implies that... it is slightly damning?  If it is slightly damning, why take no further action?  If it's not damning at all, why not just say so?  And why make a vague, UN style end to that little resolution of yours?  Well, at least you acted on it by saying nothing at all about Dariush at any point since.

Then, finally... you vote.  You make sure that everyone can see your vague reasons, give an incredibly wooly reason why you don't suspect breadbocks' main enemy, and only then vote.  As if you're more interested in protecting yourself while switching your vote than getting scum lynched.  Actually, I'll just say it.  You're more interested in protecting yourself while switching your vote than getting scum lynched.  Because you're scum, and this ridiculously cowardly vote change shows that perfectly.

So, in summary: 4 stupid votes and 1 scum vote.  This post has taken over an hour, so I'll write another one analysing everyone else tomorrow.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 13, 2011, 05:40:15 pm »

What do you want me to do, Leafsnail? Give breadbocks a headsup about how I recognize the stuff he's doing from his scum game? 'Hey, pal, just a warning, but you might want to try and do stuff that makes it harder for me to figure out that you're scum, because this is awfully familiar to your scum game right now. Got it? Good, I'll check back in a week, see how you're doing.' Nope, sorry, that's bullshit. Not gonna do that.

I asked him why he thought Dariush was scum here, and it took him forever to respond, so the idea that I did nothing about it in the interim is complete bullshit. Well, it's not complete bullshit, it's just disingenuous. I did nothing, only because breadbocks did nothing.

And I wasn't defending Dariush, you dumbass, I was asked my opinion on him. How about you selectively edit the quote so that gets lost in there?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Are there any more shitty accusations you want to make?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 13, 2011, 05:58:54 pm »

Yes.
Why do you care?
I think it's important information.  I would like to see people's response so I can gauge if it's scummy or not.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 13, 2011, 06:02:43 pm »

What do you want me to do, Leafsnail? Give breadbocks a headsup about how I recognize the stuff he's doing from his scum game? 'Hey, pal, just a warning, but you might want to try and do stuff that makes it harder for me to figure out that you're scum, because this is awfully familiar to your scum game right now. Got it? Good, I'll check back in a week, see how you're doing.' Nope, sorry, that's bullshit. Not gonna do that.
Uh... your joke scenario seems pretty damn close to what happened.  Your damning reason that got you to vote him was something you'd pointed out earlier and done nothing at all about.  If it really were a damning reason, why didn't you vote or at least properly question him about it at the time?

I asked him why he thought Dariush was scum here, and it took him forever to respond, so the idea that I did nothing about it in the interim is complete bullshit. Well, it's not complete bullshit, it's just disingenuous. I did nothing, only because breadbocks did nothing.
You didn't like, vote or have any suspects though.  "But I was busy activelurking" isn't a defence.

From the time you ignored breadbocks' supposedly damning scumtell until the time when you actually voted him for it you answered some random votes, commented on some random vote answers (which you... never mentioned again).  Then you asked some passive questions of various people (yes, one of them was breadbocks - wow, amazing detective work there) and then finally decided that the damning scumtell you saw 2 days earlier was worth a vote when EvilTwin called you out on sitting around on your random vote since the start of the game.
And I wasn't defending Dariush, you dumbass, I was asked my opinion on him. How about you selectively edit the quote so that gets lost in there?
...You were asked your opinion on Dariush, and you defended him in response.  I didn't think that part of the quote changed anything, but if you think the fact that you need to be prodded in order to say something reflects positively on you then whatever.  I like how you don't have any answer at all to the accusation that it was a ridiculously sissy and noncomittal defence of Dariush "opinion" on Dariush, instead trying to distract attention by saying someone else asked you to do it.  So, what do you think of him now, if you're "keeping your eye on him"?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 13, 2011, 06:22:53 pm »

Toony, are you trying to ingratiate yourself with the replacement?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 13, 2011, 06:44:24 pm »

Uh... your joke scenario seems pretty damn close to what happened.  Your damning reason that got you to vote him was something you'd pointed out earlier and done nothing at all about.  If it really were a damning reason, why didn't you vote or at least properly question him about it at the time?

Because I wanted to see if he'd break from his meta first.

Nope.

I also pressed breadbocks plenty along the way. You accuse me of doing jack shit about breadbocks, when that's simply not true.

You didn't like, vote or have any suspects though.  "But I was busy activelurking" isn't a defence.

From the time you ignored breadbocks' supposedly damning scumtell until the time when you actually voted him for it you answered some random votes, commented on some random vote answers (which you... never mentioned again).  Then you asked some passive questions of various people (yes, one of them was breadbocks - wow, amazing detective work there) and then finally decided that the damning scumtell you saw 2 days earlier was worth a vote when EvilTwin called you out on sitting around on your random vote since the start of the game.

You make scumhunting sound so scummy.

...You were asked your opinion on Dariush, and you defended him in response.  I didn't think that part of the quote changed anything, but if you think the fact that you need to be prodded in order to say something reflects positively on you then whatever.  I like how you don't have any answer at all to the accusation that it was a ridiculously sissy and noncomittal defence of Dariush "opinion" on Dariush, instead trying to distract attention by saying someone else asked you to do it.  So, what do you think of him now, if you're "keeping your eye on him"?

That wasn't a defense. It wasn't really anything. I couldn't make up my mind on Dariush because my reads on him at that point did not strongly point one way or the other. This is still the case.

Blah blah this is dumb.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 13, 2011, 07:01:11 pm »

Toony, are you trying to ingratiate yourself with the replacement?
No.  Why do you think so?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24