Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 -Rebooting  (Read 70129 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 1 - Replacement found
« Reply #210 on: June 13, 2011, 07:04:14 pm »

Because I wanted to see if he'd break from his meta first.

Nope.

I also pressed breadbocks plenty along the way. You accuse me of doing jack shit about breadbocks, when that's simply not true.
Actually, I never said "about breadbocks".  You did jack shit in regards to everyone equally.  Unless you call pointless questions (which ultimately weren't used as part of your case against breadbocks) which you asked to almost everyone "doing something".

You make scumhunting sound so scummy.
Very well.  Show me some scumhunting you did during that period, and explain why your vote didn't change away from your random one in order to back that up.

That wasn't a defense. It wasn't really anything. I couldn't make up my mind on Dariush because my reads on him at that point did not strongly point one way or the other. This is still the case.
Uh... huh.  So you're saying you essentially waffled and then promised to take action in a way that wouldn't actually require you doing anything (an even more passive position than what I thought it was).  Tell me, since when was it your policy to not do anything with regards to people you aren't sure about?  I mean... for instance, breadbocks had been voting Dariush for most of the games, and you're convinced breadbocks was scum.  Do you think it looked like bussing?  Why so or why not?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 13, 2011, 07:19:57 pm »

You make scumhunting sound so scummy.
Very well.  Show me some scumhunting you did during that period, and explain why your vote didn't change away from your random one in order to back that up.

Nah.

I'd rather wait for you to show me how my posts were scummy first.

That wasn't a defense. It wasn't really anything. I couldn't make up my mind on Dariush because my reads on him at that point did not strongly point one way or the other. This is still the case.
Uh... huh.  So you're saying you essentially waffled and then promised to take action in a way that wouldn't actually require you doing anything (an even more passive position than what I thought it was).  Tell me, since when was it your policy to not do anything with regards to people you aren't sure about?  I mean... for instance, breadbocks had been voting Dariush for most of the games, and you're convinced breadbocks was scum.  Do you think it looked like bussing?  Why so or why not?

Blah blah I don't care about Dariush. I've been more interested in breadbocks for the whole game because I think it's more likely breadbocks is scum.

Shame on me for going after the people I suspect.

This is pointless.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 13, 2011, 07:30:32 pm »

Nah.

I'd rather wait for you to show me how my posts were scummy first.
Ok.
Unvote, Jokerman-EXE, lurk lurk lurk lurking lurker lurkdong lurkwin?
Quote from: Jim Groovester until eventually prodded by EvilTwin
(nothing about who I think is scum)
In other words, you did nothing to attack scum until EvilTwin told you to give an opinion on someone (incidentally, the first time you gave an opinion on anyone in the game rather than vague, unfollowed up "that's scummy" statements).  Heck, if EvilTwin didn't tell you to then, you probably still wouldn't have attacked anyone.

Blah blah I don't care about Dariush. I've been more interested in breadbocks for the whole game because I think it's more likely breadbocks is scum.

Shame on me for going after the people I suspect.

This is pointless.
Yeah... I guess the less you argue with today's mislynch the better.  Much better just shut down and remain completely passive.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 13, 2011, 08:02:29 pm »

So one snippet from one post is all you have?

Seems about right.

Yeah... I guess the less you argue with today's mislynch the better.  Much better just shut down and remain completely passive.

No, I just have no patience for worthless arguments.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 1 - Replacement requested
« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2011, 12:12:49 am »

Joker:  Why don't you like having the most votes on someone who asked for a replacement (after he got said votes?)

Who do you suspect now?

I don't like that he got the most votes and then asked for a replacement. That's a tactically scummy move, or it's terrible timing on his part. Either way, I'm not a fan.

However, I think Leafsnail has done a far better job of answering the accusations against him than his predecessor, which makes my suspicions (that were on breadbocks) much weaker. As to who I suspect, I'd have to say Pandarsenic (for still not doing jack shit, despite the promises) and ToonyMan, because I don't really know how to feel about his game right now. It's pretty typical Toony, I guess, and maybe it's been a while, but it seems off.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2011, 07:59:49 am »

Joker:
Joker:  Why don't you like having the most votes on someone who asked for a replacement (after he got said votes?)

Who do you suspect now?

I don't like that he got the most votes and then asked for a replacement. That's a tactically scummy move, or it's terrible timing on his part. Either way, I'm not a fan.

However, I think Leafsnail has done a far better job of answering the accusations against him than his predecessor, which makes my suspicions (that were on breadbocks) much weaker. As to who I suspect, I'd have to say Pandarsenic (for still not doing jack shit, despite the promises) and ToonyMan, because I don't really know how to feel about his game right now. It's pretty typical Toony, I guess, and maybe it's been a while, but it seems off.

So why aren't you voting either of them?

Pandar:
Toony, are you trying to ingratiate yourself with the replacement?

Are you planning on doing any hunting?

In other news, Dariush is trying to lurk the day away to survive to N1 without doing any hunting of his own.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 14, 2011, 10:14:01 am »

Dariush: You're not hunting for scum. Instead, you're vehemently defending yourself against any and all attacks made against your person, attaching OMGUS to it too. What the hell?
I've already found one. Don't you think Leafsnail is scum? Or are you going to find a second one on the first day?
Daaaaaw, he's being spiteful for the sake of activelurking! How utterly scummy!
Activelurking? THIRTEEN minutes after my last post?! I can't even tell if you're joking anymore.
Ok, so, Dariush's attack starts badly.  He makes two minor criticisms of breadbocks' post (one of which is incorrect - the whole point of active lurking is that you are ACTIVE but not really saying anything).
It isn't active lurking if I'm not even trying to make an impression of doing anything. But fine. Where is the scumminess in posting a not related to absolutely anything comment?
And to finish it off, the last we've seen of him has been a weak attempt at trying to call me out for stating the facts.
Stating the facts
and
I'm pretty certain Dariush is scum
are two very different things.
...And then he goes on to attack what seems to be a technicality.  Unless Dariush is somehow saying that saying "Dariush is scum" is a devastating scumtell.  Oh well, the final bit before his vote must be a devastating conclusion, right?
'Dariush is scum' is an opinion. breadbocks claimed this was a fact. There's an important difference.
You seriously felt the need to vote for me again, just for the sake of it (even though your vote was already on me) and didn't even bother getting my nickname right?

Whatever, call it WIFOM or however you like, but breadbocks's hopeless attempts at tunneling me have gotten beyond ridiculous.
...Oh wait no, it's stupid.  I can see absolutely no logical process behind this vote at all.  As far as I can tell, it goes "You accidentally revoted me.  Therefore I will randomly mention the word WIFOM and vote you for tunnelling".  This is blatantly a stupid, OMGUSy vote, although since Dariush is prone to stupid play it's not necessarily a scumtell.
Damn, I confused terms WIFOM and OMGUS.  :P And how is tunnelling not a valid reason for a vote?
Goddammit. I've carefully explained why his every point is wrong. Still, you call my answer a mild excuse for a bandwagon vote. It looks like you just saw breadbocks's name in red from my post, ignored everything else and called it a bandwagon.
A weird response.  You still give no explanation at all why you think/ thought Breadbocks is scum, instead insisting you "explained why his every point is wrong".  Well, even if you did (you didn't), why would that make him scum?
Why would anybody except scum have any reason to so desperately try to get me in the noose?
In other news, Dariush is trying to lurk the day away to survive to N1 without doing any hunting of his own.
I was a bit busy.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 14, 2011, 10:54:48 am »

The Whiteboard
Bdthemag: Think0028
Leafsnail: Dariush, Darvi, Jim Groovester, lordnincompoop, EvilTwin
Dariush: Toaster, ToonyMan
Jim Groovester: Leafsnail
lordnincompoop: JanusTwoface
Toaster: Bdthemag

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 14, 2011, 11:00:58 am »

Joker:

Who do you suspect now?

So why aren't you voting either of them?

I don't know what you're talking about. >.>
BLARG IM DED

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 14, 2011, 11:31:20 am »

You might want to make that vote outside of the quote box since it may not count in that state.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 14, 2011, 01:08:12 pm »

PANDARSENIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC
BLARG IM DED

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 14, 2011, 01:27:49 pm »

lol hypocrisy lol
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 14, 2011, 02:57:39 pm »

It isn't active lurking if I'm not even trying to make an impression of doing anything. But fine. Where is the scumminess in posting a not related to absolutely anything comment?
The first part of this response is confusing (you seem to be admitting murder to avoid a manslaughter charge).  I'm not saying what you said was scummy - just that it was stupid and not a reason to vote breadbocks at all.

'Dariush is scum' is an opinion. breadbocks claimed this was a fact. There's an important difference.
Well, if you're gonna persist in being technical as hell, "Dariush is scum" isn't actually an opinion.  It's a statement that's either correct or incorrect.  What I'm not sure about is why this would make you think he's scum.  At all.
Damn, I confused terms WIFOM and OMGUS.  :P And how is tunnelling not a valid reason for a vote?
...Because town and scum both "tunnel"?  There's nothing inherently scummy about it at all.

Why would anybody except scum have any reason to so desperately try to get me in the noose?
...Huh?  Making logically unsound arguments is just as bad for a mafia player as a town player when it comes to getting people lynched.  This is the most OMGUSy vote I've ever seen, quite frankly.  There's no other basis for it.

Although at least you've actually responded unlike lordnincompoop, EvilTwin and Darvi, who are prepared to sleepwalk into a mislynch.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 14, 2011, 03:15:26 pm »

lol hypocrisy lol

Oh? Do elaborate, sir; at least I've voiced suspicions and voted, whereas you have...well, you have this post, a few passive questions, and a whole metric shitload of "moar l8r" posts.
BLARG IM DED

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 14, 2011, 08:02:21 pm »

The Whiteboard
Bdthemag: Think0028
Leafsnail: Dariush, Darvi, Jim Groovester, lordnincompoop, EvilTwin
Dariush: Toaster, ToonyMan
Jim Groovester: Leafsnail
lordnincompoop: JanusTwoface
Pandarsenic: Jokerman-EXE
Toaster: Bdthemag

Leafsnail is dragged outside, kicking and screaming. Darvi follows after everyone else, holding a hunting rifle in his hands.

"This is rediculous!" screams Leafsnail. "You've all gone mad."

"And you might be a flesh eating monster!" screams back Darvi. "We can't take that chance. I...I have to shoot you."

"Damn you all!"

*bang*

The body slumps down into the snow. You all watch it, hoping to see the transformation from man to monster. But it never comes. Nervously, Jim Groovester walks over and nudges the body.

"I...I think we killed an innocent man." he mumbles. "But, come on, the guy wasn't exactly stable. I mean, he even admitted he was a bit of a kook!"

After a bit of uncomfortable looks, you decide to check out his room. At least you can see what he was up to.

His room is cluttered with various bits of machinery and electronics, along with a rather nasty looking robot of some sort. Seems he was a Military Scientist of some sort. Pity none of you know how to use that robot. It looks like it'd be pretty good at killing things.

But now you're all exhausted, so you head off to your rooms for the night. Hopefully you haven't hurt your chances of survival too much today.

Night 1 is here. Send in your actions if you have any!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24