Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 -Rebooting  (Read 69903 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 - Replacement Requested
« Reply #270 on: June 18, 2011, 07:27:01 am »

Why did I replace into this game?!?! Blargh. Like I said, anyone wanna recap for me?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 18, 2011, 09:37:28 am »

TonyMen:
Wow, that is the most blatant OMGUS I've ever seen. Your only argument seems to be 'You argued with someone who flipped town and you VOTED him!!! SCUM!!!!!'. Why would that be?
The only reason this would be an OMGUS is because Jim voted first.  I would have voted him if I was on sooner.  If I seem to recall correctly you OMGUS'd someone yesterday so put a sock in it.
Wow, you don't stop at OMGUSing someone out of the blue, you admit to doing it and your only explanation is 'you did it too' (even though I explained my actions and you didn't)? Hang, scum.
And as to your question... Why do you care? Mislynches happen constantly. breadbocks was dripping scumminess so he went to noose for that. We're going to take that into account and move on with scumhunt. Now stop buddying (the dead) and do the same.
I care because I need as much information as I can get to find the mafia.  What's interesting is you just call it off as just a 'mislynch' like LNCP too...we could do better than that.  Indifferent town really suck, you know?  Especially the other ones that don't bother playing or talk about restaurants.
Oh sure, we should be instead fussing over who could do such a terrible deed.
Pray tell us, Toony, what have YOU found out yesterday? Most of your posts consisted of at most two-line useless remarks, the rest was spent on pounding Pandar and defending breadsnail. And what the fuck was the following?!
I found out that you, Jim, and LNCP are probably the scum team we're looking at.  Have any way to be useful?  How about a scum suspicion list?  That would be good.
Wow, that's sudden. Any explanations about your perfect deductions? How about answering my last question? And no scumlist for you until all this replacement shit gets sorted out and everyone posts his thoughts.

Think:
I warned about incoming OMGUS because there's a crapload of people (yes, I'm looking in your direction, LNCP) that will cry foul despite whatever arguments will accompany the vote if it was directed at someone who already had a vote on the voter. The same reason goes for answering questions directed to another. Call it paranoia.
Firstly, your reasoning should be sufficient to stand on its own, if it's a good vote. Secondly, this only answers half my question. What questions of EvilTwin did you answer? I'm looking at the post, and I don't see questions, I only see responses. I'm wondering not just why you preemptively defended yourself, I'm wondering why you defended yourself against a accusation that seems hollow to me. Care to explain why you felt that you were answering questions meant for another?
To be honest, I don't remember why I wrote 'answering questions directed at another'. What I meant was that I was interested in his answers and the suspicious questions he gave Toaster. Why are you so questioning of that exact phrase? Are you desperately seeking a foothold against me?
Now, as I look over your D2 activity, you seem to be doing exactly three things: answering questions directed at you, attacking me over a single phrase in a single post and asking TonyMen the same exact questions asked by other people. What do you think about Jim?

Toaster:
Dariush had flip-flop OMGUSes early game, with him unable to come up with a straight answer for voting me before giving up and going after Breadbocks with a bandwagon OMGUS combo.  His D2 post is better than his D1 ones, but he's hardly putting forth great effort or originality into hunting.
Heh, originality, heh. Trying to deduce scum based on amount of vowels in their posts or by the current weather? And I'm explaining for the... what, fourth time? My vote for you about probabilities was a randomvote, I wanted to see how you would hold out. You held pretty well, so I moved on with my hunting. Now, you yourself look pretty damn quite and inactive, nothing like your usual hyperagressive self. Maybe you should start scumhunting? What is your opinion on Jim?

Jim:
Why are you ignoring and indirectly buddying me?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 18, 2011, 03:33:40 pm »

Why did I replace into this game?!?! Blargh. Like I said, anyone wanna recap for me?

ToonyMan is scum.

Or, you can read the thread, you lazy bastard.

Jim:
Why are you ignoring and indirectly buddying me?

You've got a pretty high opinion of your game if you think I'd want to buddy you at all.

Darvi, I remember what you did in Roguelike Mafia, where you tactically lurked through weekends because you knew you wouldn't be held responsible for inactivity.

Well, that's bullshit. You're around the forums and if you're around the forums you can be posting here, so you should be. And the grand total of all your contributions in this game amounts to jack shit.

Get your ass in here and start explaining yourself.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 18, 2011, 03:37:32 pm »

Hi.  Replaced in, can't post right now... hopefully tonight.  I'm too emotionally strung out.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 18, 2011, 04:00:33 pm »

Dariush, I'm questioning the exact phrase because you seemed unusually nervous and paranoid at the time, not to mention you sidestepped the question when I initially asked you. In addition, I'm hardly 'questioning you over a single phrase in a single post', I'm questioning you about multiple things. Also, the only things I've done are question my suspect, answer questions posed at me, and ask questions of someone who's acting scummy? Boy, I must be really lazy. Why are you so eager to twist my intentions?

As for Jim, I don't see anything really suspicious about him at the moment. He's being collected and active. Then again, he's Jim, so that's a given.

Jokerman: are you going to join in? You've contributed awfully little to date, with some RV questions and then a vote on Pandarsenic for lurking. You then promptly lurked through Thursday, only coming in when prodded. What do you think about ToonyMan now? You mentioned you had suspicions of him yesterday. How about now?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 18, 2011, 07:09:17 pm »

I've been busy last night and all day today with Graduation so bear with me today I'm a little tired but at least I'm posting.

Claiming you know you're right is an excuse to hold your vote where it is without justification.
Now why would you need to say that?
Because I think I'm right?  That's why my vote is on you in the first place.

ToonyMan: Why all the tunnelling on Jim? Why freaking out so much over Jim and not the other people who voted breadbocks? Why did your suspect list only come out after you were attacked? If Jim's really 'deflected your accusations', then what are you going to do now? Why did you not mention other lurkers until pointed out otherwise? Why were you so focused on Pandarsenic's lurking but never voting him on it?
Well to build an attack on somebody you need to actually say stuff to them.  My suspect list came after only because it was asked for I think?  I know I said it with full confidence though.  What I want to do now is have other people actually play the game.  There's four people who could be talking and voting people which is making today a very slow day thanks to the absent, oh well, I'm tired.  I would have voted Pandarsenic but I was voting Dariush at the time, who I found more suspicious for his faulty logic I believe.

TooooneeeeyMan:
Wow, that is the most blatant OMGUS I've ever seen. Your only argument seems to be 'You argued with someone who flipped town and you VOTED him!!! SCUM!!!!!'. Why would that be?
The only reason this would be an OMGUS is because Jim voted first.  I would have voted him if I was on sooner.  If I seem to recall correctly you OMGUS'd someone yesterday so put a sock in it.
Wow, you don't stop at OMGUSing someone out of the blue, you admit to doing it and your only explanation is 'you did it too' (even though I explained my actions and you didn't)? Hang, scum.
Where did I admit it?  As I said my vote would have clearly been on him if I was on earlier.  I can't prove that but that's the price to pay.

And as to your question... Why do you care? Mislynches happen constantly. breadbocks was dripping scumminess so he went to noose for that. We're going to take that into account and move on with scumhunt. Now stop buddying (the dead) and do the same.
I care because I need as much information as I can get to find the mafia.  What's interesting is you just call it off as just a 'mislynch' like LNCP too...we could do better than that.  Indifferent town really suck, you know?  Especially the other ones that don't bother playing or talk about restaurants.
Oh sure, we should be instead fussing over who could do such a terrible deed.
Or maybe being helpful and hunting scum?

Pray tell us, Toony, what have YOU found out yesterday? Most of your posts consisted of at most two-line useless remarks, the rest was spent on pounding Pandar and defending breadsnail. And what the fuck was the following?!
I found out that you, Jim, and LNCP are probably the scum team we're looking at.  Have any way to be useful?  How about a scum suspicion list?  That would be good.
Wow, that's sudden. Any explanations about your perfect deductions? How about answering my last question? And no scumlist for you until all this replacement shit gets sorted out and everyone posts his thoughts.
Dariush comes up from yesterday, you don't just change into town during the night so you're suspcions still hold from Day 1.  Jim comes from do I have to even explain it again, and LNCP would be a third choice because of his indifference to hunting scum and based on his 'mislynch' opinions.  Thanks for not answering my questions though, you're not being helpful at all again #2 scum pick.

Can we get some other people playing now?  I'm kinda tired of speaking with the same people and want some fresh faces who are still clearly alive.  Lurkers get out here!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 18, 2011, 08:09:34 pm »

Web:

Quick summary:

D1 scummy people were breadbocks, Dariush, and Toony.  Breadbocks is replaced by Leafsnail, who addresses points in a non-scummy way, but no one moves their vote and he is lynched.  D2 Dariush is less scummy, but Toony is more scummy.  Lots of people are very quiet.

Dariush:
Toaster:
Dariush had flip-flop OMGUSes early game, with him unable to come up with a straight answer for voting me before giving up and going after Breadbocks with a bandwagon OMGUS combo.  His D2 post is better than his D1 ones, but he's hardly putting forth great effort or originality into hunting.
Heh, originality, heh. Trying to deduce scum based on amount of vowels in their posts or by the current weather? And I'm explaining for the... what, fourth time? My vote for you about probabilities was a randomvote, I wanted to see how you would hold out. You held pretty well, so I moved on with my hunting. Now, you yourself look pretty damn quite and inactive, nothing like your usual hyperagressive self. Maybe you should start scumhunting? What is your opinion on Jim?

Let me reiterate for you:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83499.msg2338672#msg2338672  Here you're voting for me for claiming Kook twice in a row.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83499.msg2338749#msg2338749  Here it's because of my reaction to your RV on me.

Now, in the post I just quoted, it was an extended random vote.  That's three different reasons for the same vote.  If that's not a scummy vote, I don't know what is.   Don't tell me I'm not scum hunting when I've found scum in you.

Jim is being active and hunting.  He reads town to me.

Toony:  You missed this question.
Toony:  Your case was crap then and still is.  You didn't mention those lurkers until I specifically asked you about them.  You were going after Pandar for a reason, and it's not because you had a problem with his lurking.  Why?

EvilTwin:  Are you here?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 18, 2011, 10:15:56 pm »

Work devouring life.

I don't want to ask for a replace but it's teetering at that point. Just...if I can make it through this weekend then I can be more active. Bear with me.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 18, 2011, 10:29:02 pm »

Toony:  You missed this question.
Toony:  Your case was crap then and still is.  You didn't mention those lurkers until I specifically asked you about them.  You were going after Pandar for a reason, and it's not because you had a problem with his lurking.  Why?
I wasn't going after Pandarsenic for lurking for any particular reason, it's just what happened.  I took notice of his 'mid-term' excuses (as I've said) too much.

Work devouring life.
I don't want to ask for a replace but it's teetering at that point. Just...if I can make it through this weekend then I can be more active. Bear with me.
I just had my High School Graduation man, can you at least post your thoughts and suspicions?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 - Back to full
« Reply #279 on: June 19, 2011, 12:57:44 pm »

Horrible participation is horrible.

Where the fuck is everybody?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 19, 2011, 01:00:09 pm »

Horrible participation is horrible.

Where the fuck is everybody?

Studying for my German exam and finishing off an argument in my progressivist thread.  I have a lot of crap to do today, so I'm probably trying for a reread tomorrow afternoon.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 19, 2011, 02:02:20 pm »

Damn, I wake up today and still nothing.  It makes me sad.  :[

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 20, 2011, 02:34:28 am »

Extend.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 20, 2011, 02:37:14 am »

Whoops, Extend as well.

As I said, writeup tomorrow after my exam.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 20, 2011, 02:40:30 am »

Extend.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24