Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 -Rebooting  (Read 70060 times)

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 - Back to full
« Reply #315 on: June 21, 2011, 12:57:19 pm »

Jokerman-Exe, how do you usually reintegrate yourself into the game after avoiding RVS?  How well does that work for you?

Even though I'm not posting and being a part of it, I follow along with what's being said. Then, as soon as the conversation leaves RVS and enters the real game, I'll point out something that catches my eye, or I'll ask a question for clarification that someone else didn't ask.

It works pretty well for me. I've played more than a few games using this style.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 - Two more replacements needed
« Reply #316 on: June 21, 2011, 01:33:17 pm »

webadict, I realise you can't read your replace's mind, but do you have anything to say regarding BDthemag's behaviour D1+2?
He had asked a few questions at the start of the game, which were then promptly abandoned. The only notable action that he did afterward was to jump on my question to breadbocks here. When asked for some reasoning behind the jump by several people, he conveniently disappeared, and the only post made after that was chucking out a few more useless questions, blatantly ignoring said requests.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 21, 2011, 01:45:46 pm »

Joker:
Then, as soon as the conversation leaves RVS and enters the real game...

When did that happen this game?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 21, 2011, 03:12:34 pm »

Jim:
What do you make of Darvi and his shameless, deliberate lurking?

Well, he asked for a replacement (cough Meph) so I guess I have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He was lurking up a storm well before he asked for a replacement. He only asked for it on Monday. It doesn't explain his lurking before that. And he was doing a lot of it.

How come no one wants to talk to me?

Because you smell bad.

You've got opinions on Darvi and Toaster. What are your thoughts on others?

Still reading the thread.

Good. Then what's your read on all the quiet people?

Who are all the quiet people? How about the ones you think are quiet.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 21, 2011, 03:15:06 pm »

I really hate this, but at this point I almost want to ask for a reboot.

This'll be, what, 6 replacements in a 13p game?  And everyone else is lurking?  I don't think there's any way we're going to get that many, and, frankly, I don't think that all of us want to read over 20 pages of people lurking and dropping.

But, that's just me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 21, 2011, 03:24:24 pm »

Jim:
What do you make of Darvi and his shameless, deliberate lurking?

Well, he asked for a replacement (cough Meph) so I guess I have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He was lurking up a storm well before he asked for a replacement. He only asked for it on Monday. It doesn't explain his lurking before that. And he was doing a lot of it.

From the context of his post, I presume he's been having a killer dental headache all weekend and lurked due to pain.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 21, 2011, 03:51:16 pm »

I read his post. That's very nice of you to come out in his defense, though. Why are you bothering?

Does his raging toothache explain his miserable participation on Day 1? Does it explain why he was posting everywhere and anywhere but here?

I still think there's an argument to be made about horrible terrible lurking.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 21, 2011, 04:08:01 pm »

I read his post. That's very nice of you to come out in his defense, though. Why are you bothering?

Because I shattered my two front teeth last year and went through dental hell for the next several months, I'm sympathizing with him. Good points about him otherwise.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 21, 2011, 04:15:19 pm »

Good points?

So what does that mean? You agree with me about him being lurking scum?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 21, 2011, 04:32:26 pm »

Good points?

So what does that mean? You agree with me about him being lurking scum?

Lurking, yes. I had assumed you were talking in the context of 'him not posting very recently', and I wanted to defend his case of dental pain, as I know from personal experience that high-level thinking isn't really doable when your teeth hurt. However, when you pointed out that he had been posting elsewhere and you were also referring to his Day 1 lurking, I realized I misunderstood. As for scum, he's definitely suspicious as hell, but my vote's still on Dariush.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 21, 2011, 04:33:57 pm »

webadict, I realise you can't read your replace's mind, but do you have anything to say regarding BDthemag's behaviour D1+2?
He had asked a few questions at the start of the game, which were then promptly abandoned. The only notable action that he did afterward was to jump on my question to breadbocks here. When asked for some reasoning behind the jump by several people, he conveniently disappeared, and the only post made after that was chucking out a few more useless questions, blatantly ignoring said requests.
I haven't even had time to read Day 1 and Day 2, nor do I find an interest in doing so now. I can't read my predecessor's mind, but it doesn't really matter as I'm Town. I can't say anything else about anything as I haven't even clicked the link.

Jim:
I don't have opinions on anyone else just yet. I'm still not interested in reading through all of this, mostly because nothing interesting is in there. Better off finding all new information.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 21, 2011, 05:43:51 pm »

I really hate this, but at this point I almost want to ask for a reboot.

This'll be, what, 6 replacements in a 13p game?  And everyone else is lurking?  I don't think there's any way we're going to get that many, and, frankly, I don't think that all of us want to read over 20 pages of people lurking and dropping.

But, that's just me.

Might be worthwhile, if most of the active players would prefer a reboot. This is certainly a large % of replacements!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 21, 2011, 06:02:11 pm »

Meh, might as well.

I'd troop through with or without one, but we'll probably have a better game if we do.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 21, 2011, 06:18:55 pm »

Might be worthwhile, if most of the active players would prefer a reboot. This is certainly a large % of replacements!

Please.

A reboot, complete with re-signups and so on, so that those who don't want to play can leave the game, and those of us who do want to play have a chance at actually playing.  I could see continuing if we were in the endgame, but... yeah, this hill is too darned big for me to feel like walking up it right now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 21, 2011, 06:39:06 pm »

Yeah, a reboot is probably the best thing to do now.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24