Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 -Rebooting  (Read 70150 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 1 - Back to the snow
« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2011, 04:34:43 am »

BD, answer my damn question. And is there any reason you're not hunting?

Toaster, do you have any suspicions besides Dariush? You've been posing some questions, but you don't seem to be doing much besides.

breadbocks, your vote is on Dariush but you've done nothing to pressure him. There's no visible attempt to build your case, which you've apparently been doing all along. Mind if we see some of that progress?

Pandar, some real activity would be nice.

lordnincompoop, regarding that leading question, what reaction did you intend with it? What would you answer?

I tried to fluster him a little, see if he might reveal something. If I were on the receiving end, I'd pick Jim right now for being productive.

LNCP:  What's your read of Jim, Joker, and Pandar?

Jim's working it. He's not very high on my list, so I haven't been paying much attention.

Jokerman has just two posts right now. He's productive in both of them and seems to be paying attention nevertheless, so he's fine.

Pandar lurks too much for comfort. Most of his posts consist of "I'm busy, will hunt later", which isn't much to go on.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2011, 08:39:24 am »

The Whiteboard
breadbocks: lordnincompoop, EvilTwin
Dariush: breadbocks, Toaster, ToonyMan
JanusTwoface: Jokerman-EXE
Jokerman-EXE: Jim Groovester
lordnincompoop: JanusTwoface
EvilTwin: Darvi
Toaster: Bdthemag, Dariush

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday

UltraValican: I'm perfectly happy to have people watch the game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #152 on: June 11, 2011, 09:04:46 am »

Janus, I don't like that you simply threw out a vote and a list with no explanations until asked. You, of all people, should know that that won't satisfy us. You're not playing the way I've come to expect town Janus to play. You're not hunting much at all, considering your fully stated list of suspicions. Why aren't you grilling them?
All of them except for Pandarsenic were people I had been questioning the post right before (ignoring the one line post).

What does 'fully stated' mean exactly?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2011, 10:00:51 am »

On that note, you seem rather focused on breadbocks. Why? And thoughts on any of the others?
I seem unable to keep a lot of stuff running parallel in my brain, so I'm sifting through it all one issue after another. You will get your turn as well, no worries.

My suspicion against him specifically comes from his strong reactions, and he has yet to explain them. He also showed that kind of reaction earlier:
Or I could just not know what to ask, so I ask game relevant questions. That's kinda the point of RVS. You ask questions, look for scumtells, vote based on those scumtells. So, no. I'm not a dopp scientist, but thanks for trying.
To me it seems as if he is trying hard to shake off any suspicion, which results in relatively long answers where he could have kept it short. That makes him look scummy to me. Also he voted Dariush without stating why he did so, so he seems to be bandwagoning there -> scummy.

Thoughts on other people:

Toaster looks less suspicious to me, since him claiming Kook right off the bat although he had done so previously seems like a rather dumb choice if he was scum. But it really is WIFOM as far as I can see.

I have absolutely no idea what Groovester is thinking, but he seems to be working in a way which suggests he is either town, or a really good scum player. In the first case, fine. In the latter one, I doubt he will make a mistake before stuff is on fire, so we will have to wait a bit.

Dariush (oh, wait, should've spelled that Dariush actually) is definitely acting quite weasely so far, but he is the second on my list, since breadbocks is definitely even more scummy.

No thoughts on Pandar so far, can't tell if scum with so few stuff to actually work with.
Pandarsenic, which person do you fear most in this game?

No clear opinion on other people, at least none I could formulate easily. Some more hunting should reveal a bit there.

lordnincompoop, regarding that leading question, what reaction did you intend with it? What would you answer?
I tried to fluster him a little, see if he might reveal something. If I were on the receiving end, I'd pick Jim right now for being productive.
Sounds like fair reasoning. Who do you think will live through to mylo?

Jim Groovester, you haven't changed your RV on Jokerman which you placed due to his inactivity. What are your thoughts on breadbocks and Dariush?

Jokerman, who will be lynched, who will be nightkilled?

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2011, 01:14:51 pm »

Janus, I don't like that you simply threw out a vote and a list with no explanations until asked. You, of all people, should know that that won't satisfy us. You're not playing the way I've come to expect town Janus to play. You're not hunting much at all, considering your fully stated list of suspicions. Why aren't you grilling them?

What, specifically, about JTF's game makes you think it's not his normal town game?

Because vague meta arguments are great to throw out when you've got nothing else to go off of.

All of them except for Pandarsenic were people I had been questioning the post right before (ignoring the one line post).

What does 'fully stated' mean exactly?

I'll just address both at the same time, I suppose.

It feels to me that Janus is only answering the questions posed and lightly poking at people. He didn't place a vote until asked, he wasn't attacking anyone, and overall it seemed like passive play.

By fully stated I meant that you already made a list of people that you found suspicious, you have reasons, and yet I haven't seen you attack anyone. Sup widdat?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2011, 01:42:59 pm »

BD, why are you trying to trying to slow down town's investigation? Even if it doesn't bear fruit, a high-pressure environment is good for the town. Why try to stop that?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2011, 01:47:49 pm »

Jim Groovester, you haven't changed your RV on Jokerman which you placed due to his inactivity. What are your thoughts on breadbocks and Dariush?

breadbocks is scum, because this is exactly the sort of stuff he does as scum. He rides popular opinion for his suspicions, and then when people ask him about it he lurks like a motherfucker and avoids making a case. He did it in BMXXI and again in BMXXIII.

Dariush... does stuff like this. I'm not going to call him scum so quickly because this is exactly what I expect from him, and the stuff he's been accused of isn't completely damning. I'm keeping an eye on him of course.

In that vein, unvote Jokerman-EXE, breadbocks.

It feels to me that Janus is only answering the questions posed and lightly poking at people. He didn't place a vote until asked, he wasn't attacking anyone, and overall it seemed like passive play.

Okay, fine on that. Those are all observations (if a little subjective) based on the game at hand. But your meta argument has completely disappeared. Where did that go?

Pandarsenic, lurk lurk lurk lurk lurk lurk lurk lurk. How're those midterms coming, dude? You getting anything useful from those scattershot RV questions you tossed out? Because you know how much I love meaningless participation.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2011, 02:04:29 pm »

Jokerman-EXE:

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2011, 03:18:34 pm »

breadbocks, who is scum?
I'm honestly quite certain Dariush is, at this point.
Jumping to conclusions pretty fast, are we?
Not at all
Cool.

Why?
breadbocks, you reacted quite emothically to all that. We haven't heard a justification yet...?
Not quite sure but emothically means, but if it's the case you want, give me a second.
breadbocks, your vote is on Dariush but you've done nothing to pressure him. There's no visible attempt to build your case, which you've apparently been doing all along. Mind if we see some of that progress?
See above.
It starts here. From this post on, all he has done has been defend himself.Here is the epitome of everything he's done that's been town friendly so far; that is all the scumhunting from him in the entire game. If nothing else, he's at least a bad townie. Here, he is purposfully asinine about definitions, something which I think he did just to attempt to throw confusion into the mix. Then... Daaaaaw, he's being spiteful for the sake of activelurking! How utterly scummy! And to finish it off, the last we've seen of him has been a weak attempt at trying to call me out for stating the facts.
breadbocks is scum, because this is exactly the sort of stuff he does as scum. He rides popular opinion for his suspicions, and then when people ask him about it he lurks like a motherfucker and avoids making a case. He did it in BMXXI and again in BMXXIII.
In fact, it's what I do anyways, which you would have known if you read any of the other games I've played. I don't like posting shit that isn't done, and I don't post because every time I do, I'll get pestered for said undone thing.

So, once again, Darius is utterly scummy, and deserves to have his neck snap on that noose around it.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2011, 04:13:00 pm »

Dariush... does stuff like this. I'm not going to call him scum so quickly because this is exactly what I expect from him[...]

How does this make the action any less scummy?

[...]

It starts here.

From this post on, all he has done has been defend himself.

Here is the epitome of everything he's done that's been town friendly so far; that is all the scumhunting from him in the entire game. If nothing else, he's at least a bad townie.

The same would apply to you. You've handed questions out like cheap cigars, and done nothing about them.

You then voted for Darius on an OMGUS case, and never questioned him afterward. You're supposed to scumhunt, breadbocks. I highly doubt you can nail scum unerringly with the very first tell, and you know this as much as I do. So why didn't you push it?

After that, there's two posts for a response, another unsubstantiated claim to Darisuh's scumminess and, after several demands for reasoning by others, there's this little POS. I wouldn't call that productivity.

Here, he is purposfully asinine about definitions, something which I think he did just to attempt to throw confusion into the mix.

This is possibly the worst argument I've heard all day.

Try again.

[...] And to finish it off, the last we've seen of him has been a weak attempt at trying to call me out for stating the facts.

Please point to the spot where you stated a fact, because for the life of me I cannot find it. You stated an opinion very briefly - an unjustified one, no less - and then proceeded to lurk the joint up.

In fact, it's what I do anyways, which you would have known if you read any of the other games I've played. I don't like posting shit that isn't done, and I don't post because every time I do, I'll get pestered for said undone thing.

And how can you possibly be proud of that?
You know, maybe you'd get a better case faster if you actually interacted with your top suspect.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2011, 06:42:12 pm »

Do you believe Darius to be town lordnincompoop?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 11, 2011, 07:56:39 pm »

LNCP:
Toaster, do you have any suspicions besides Dariush? You've been posing some questions, but you don't seem to be doing much besides.

Pandar's beeping a bit, because his actions remind me of P17, where he was scum.  Plenty of people have pointed this out already, though.  I haven't really seen much of anything else that's getting my goat except...

Jim:

-snip-

What's with this?  I've seen you give people crap for this exact move- not changing their vote until prompted.  You had two posts between his last post and your vote change, so it's not like he did anything.  Why the wait?

EvilTwin:
Who do you think will live through to mylo?

Why do you ask that?

Why do you ask that?  Looking for suggestions?

Toony:  You're not tunneling like you usually do.  Did you decide it was ineffective?  If not that, why?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2011, 08:13:05 pm »

Dariush... does stuff like this. I'm not going to call him scum so quickly because this is exactly what I expect from him[...]

How does this make the action any less scummy?

It doesn't. Never said it did. It's just... usual. It means I need to see more out of Dariush before I start accusing him of being scum.

Jim:

What's with this?  I've seen you give people crap for this exact move- not changing their vote until prompted.  You had two posts between his last post and your vote change, so it's not like he did anything.  Why the wait?

I was waiting to see if he'd do anything. By the time I logged on today, he hadn't, but I had been asked about my vote. Getting asked about why my vote was still on Jokerman-EXE had nothing to do with the reason why I switched my vote. I was planning on doing that anyway, for the reasons I stated.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 11, 2011, 08:40:42 pm »

Toony:  You're not tunneling like you usually do.  Did you decide it was ineffective?  If not that, why?
Tunneling isn't a helpful action usually so I don't plan on doing that this game.

Also, Pandarsenic, you never did anything today like you said you would.  If my vote wasn't more solidly on Darius it would be on you.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 11, 2011, 08:43:53 pm »

Do you believe Darius to be town lordnincompoop?

That is something swirling around in my head as well... It is kinda strange, but I thought through the following:

Both of them could still be town, their scummy behaviour could be all... I dunno, two bad days in succession or something like that, probably inexperience as well.
But what's more likely, one of them is town, one is scum. In this case I'd rather say breadbocks is the scum as he tries to put it all on Dariush (using the previous bandwagon against him as a hideout).
But what most creeps me: they could also both be scum, in which case breadbocks tries to sacrifice Dariush to prove himself as a townie...

I don't know what to think of all that... Hmm.

Dariush, in your opinion, what aspect of the game are you best at? Which aspects are problematic to you?

breadbocks, you reacted quite emothically to all that. We haven't heard a justification yet...?
Not quite sure but emothically means, but if it's the case you want, give me a second.
I meant emotionally there (sorry, English isn't my mothertongue), as in, you overreacted, became nervous. Also, you still no justification from you, would like to hear one.

Who do you think will live through to mylo?
Why do you ask that?
Why do you ask that?  Looking for suggestions?
[/quote]

1) Because I want to hear your opinion who is playing a good game and who will mess up, and also because I'd like to use the time we have.
2) Suggestions for lynching? Nah thanks, I think my vote for Day 1 won't change, unless (unlikely) breadbocks manages to convince me of his innocence.
    Suggestions for nightkilling? No, thanks, I would rather ask breadbocks on scumchat[ 1 ]
Actually, I would defy the purpose of that question if I told it to you before Jokerman answered it.

[1] not really
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24