Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 -Rebooting  (Read 70170 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 1 - Back to the snow
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2011, 09:41:56 pm »

Do you believe Darius to be town lordnincompoop?

That is something swirling around in my head as well... It is kinda strange, but I thought through the following:

Both of them could still be town, their scummy behaviour could be all... I dunno, two bad days in succession or something like that, probably inexperience as well.
But what's more likely, one of them is town, one is scum. In this case I'd rather say breadbocks is the scum as he tries to put it all on Dariush (using the previous bandwagon against him as a hideout).
But what most creeps me: they could also both be scum, in which case breadbocks tries to sacrifice Dariush to prove himself as a townie...

I don't know what to think of all that... Hmm.

It's WIFOM, and the best way to think about things like that is ignore it.  Judge them on their individual acts.  It's too early to be looking for teams.

As for the rest, I see.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 12, 2011, 04:16:08 am »

Toony:  You're not tunneling like you usually do.  Did you decide it was ineffective?  If not that, why?
Tunneling isn't a helpful action usually so I don't plan on doing that this game.

Also, Pandarsenic, you never did anything today like you said you would.  If my vote wasn't more solidly on Darius it would be on you.

Put thine currency where thine oral orifice doth reside.

If your vote on Dariush is so much more solid than your suspicion of Pandarsenic, how about you explain how?

I don't buy that you actually suspect Pandarsenic. I smell scumbuddy token suspicion.

Do you believe Darius to be town lordnincompoop?

That is something swirling around in my head as well... It is kinda strange, but I thought through the following:

Both of them could still be town, their scummy behaviour could be all... I dunno, two bad days in succession or something like that, probably inexperience as well.
But what's more likely, one of them is town, one is scum. In this case I'd rather say breadbocks is the scum as he tries to put it all on Dariush (using the previous bandwagon against him as a hideout).
But what most creeps me: they could also both be scum, in which case breadbocks tries to sacrifice Dariush to prove himself as a townie...

I don't know what to think of all that... Hmm.

This is all nice.

Why did you answer a question directed at lordnincompoop?

Toaster, you've been poking and prodding around. Where do you stand with your suspicions?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 12, 2011, 05:07:23 am »

Unvote.
Here, he is purposfully asinine about definitions, something which I think he did just to attempt to throw confusion into the mix.
Wow, trying to clear up confusion that would have led us all on a pointless argument is 'asinine'?

Daaaaaw, he's being spiteful for the sake of activelurking! How utterly scummy!
Activelurking? THIRTEEN minutes after my last post?! I can't even tell if you're joking anymore.

And to finish it off, the last we've seen of him has been a weak attempt at trying to call me out for stating the facts.
Stating the facts
and
I'm pretty certain Dariush is scum
are two very different things.

So, once again, Darius is utterly scummy, and deserves to have his neck snap on that noose around it.
You seriously felt the need to vote for me again, just for the sake of it (even though your vote was already on me) and didn't even bother getting my nickname right?

Whatever, call it WIFOM or however you like, but breadbocks's hopeless attempts at tunneling me have gotten beyond ridiculous.
EvilTwin,
Dariush, in your opinion, what aspect of the game are you best at? Which aspects are problematic to you?
Staying calm despite all empty and ridiculous accusations (and subsequently getting even more votes for my reaction) would definitely be the hardest part of it... As for the best... probably praying for my craziest plan to succeed against all probabilities. (Like it did in last Sorcerer's Apprentice)

1) Because I want to hear your opinion who is playing a good game and who will mess up, and also because I'd like to use the time we have.
Why does his opinion matter?
who is playing a good game and who will mess up
is a fact. Opinions don't figure into it. And even figuring you were honest about the matter, what were you going to do with the information? Were you going to make sure those
who are playing a good game
don't live until MYLO?

2) Suggestions for lynching? Nah thanks, I think my vote for Day 1 won't change, unless (unlikely) breadbocks manages to convince me of his innocence.
    Suggestions for nightkilling? No, thanks, I would rather ask breadbocks on scumchat[ 1 ]
Actually, I would defy the purpose of that question if I told it to you before Jokerman answered it.
You answered the second part of his question. How about the first part? Why did you ask that?

And before anyone points out how I'm answering questions directed to another, I'm really interested in his responses because I don't like his questions or his overall behaviour. At all.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 12, 2011, 05:09:20 am »

Can already tell I'mma need another extension.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 12, 2011, 07:22:39 am »

[...]
Okay, this is sounding better now. Less scummy, more hunty.

No, opinions don't change who is playing a good game and who isn't, but observations can tell you a bit about the observer, it's mainly about getting the truth behind stuff.
If I ask you "What do you think about person X, person Y, and development Z?", it is easy for you to lie, because it is a direct answer to a direct question.
But if I ask you something like "Who will you nightkill?" like LNCP did, you are more likely to give me an unintended answer between the lines (just like breadbocks became suspicious in the first place).

Also, you're tearing my post as well as Toaster's pretty much apart there. Yes, I answered the second part of his question under paragraph 2, while answering the first part of the question under paragraph 1. Enumeration like that is a pretty sane system, you should try it ;)
Btw, could you please state what you don't like about my behaviour instead of just saying that you do?

Toony:  You're not tunneling like you usually do.  Did you decide it was ineffective?  If not that, why?
Tunneling isn't a helpful action usually so I don't plan on doing that this game.

Also, Pandarsenic, you never did anything today like you said you would.  If my vote wasn't more solidly on Darius it would be on you.

If your vote on Dariush is so much more solid than your suspicion of Pandarsenic, how about you explain how?

I don't buy that you actually suspect Pandarsenic. I smell scumbuddy token suspicion.

[...]
This is all nice.

Why did you answer a question directed at lordnincompoop?
Because I got that around in my head and wanted to output it in this thread, but just throwing it out would have looked weird to say the least.
I didn't intend to answer instead of lordnincompoop, I wanted to know whether my way of thinking is right or not. Toaster helped me there, and Dariush last post helped to resolve it as well.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 12, 2011, 07:33:32 am »

The Whiteboard
Bdthemag: Think0028
breadbocks: Dariush, Jim Groovester, lordnincompoop, EvilTwin
Dariush: breadbocks, Toaster, ToonyMan
JanusTwoface: Jokerman-EXE
lordnincompoop: JanusTwoface
EvilTwin: Darvi
Toaster: Bdthemag

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday

There is one vote for an Extension.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 12, 2011, 08:08:19 am »

BDthemag, you've disappeared once again. What the hell?

Darvi, you've lurked for most of D1. You have a pressure vote on ET that wasn't followed up on or used. Do you think it's justified now? If so, why, and why hevn't you pushed your agenda? If not, who do you think is vote-worthy, why do you think so, and why haven't you swapped your vote, let alone done anything to said suspect?

Think, your last post was an unvote to Toaster after he provided justification. What do you think of the events that happened afterward? Do you have any suspects now, and if so, why do you suspect them? Why haven't you hunted?

breadbocks, run away from the heat, have we?

Do you believe Dariush to be town lordnincompoop?

No. He hasn't done enough, and his attitude is rather off.

I've got bigger fish to fry, though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 12, 2011, 09:14:38 am »

I have explained why.  I feel that a player using his faulty logic, plus his behavior, and now his most recent post which is just an excuse for a bandwagon vote, are far more suspicious than Pandarsenic's inactivity.  I'll just say I feel more comfortable in Darius's scumitude than Pandarsenic's.  I would really really like if Pandarsenic participated, however I can't vote two people unfortunately.  So that's why I had to use the blue FoS.

Unvote.
Here, he is purposfully asinine about definitions, something which I think he did just to attempt to throw confusion into the mix.
Wow, trying to clear up confusion that would have led us all on a pointless argument is 'asinine'?
Activelurking? THIRTEEN minutes after my last post?! I can't even tell if you're joking anymore.
And to finish it off, the last we've seen of him has been a weak attempt at trying to call me out for stating the facts.
Stating the facts
and
I'm pretty certain Dariush is scum
are two very different things.
So, once again, Darius is utterly scummy, and deserves to have his neck snap on that noose around it.
You seriously felt the need to vote for me again, just for the sake of it (even though your vote was already on me) and didn't even bother getting my nickname right?
Whatever, call it WIFOM or however you like, but breadbocks's hopeless attempts at tunneling me have gotten beyond ridiculous.
Maybe he's trying to attack you for reactions?  If that's so you are being way too sensitive to being called scum and now you've retaliate by making up some mild excuses and voting him right back.  It seems very emotionally driven, especially from the last sentence and I don't like it.

Pandarsenic Pandarsenic Pandarsenic Pandarsenic Pandarsenic Pandarsenic

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 12, 2011, 09:21:41 am »

Goddammit. I've carefully explained why his every point is wrong. Still, you call my answer a mild excuse for a bandwagon vote. It looks like you just saw breadbocks's name in red from my post, ignored everything else and called it a bandwagon.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 12, 2011, 12:55:09 pm »

Think, your last post was an unvote to Toaster after he provided justification. What do you think of the events that happened afterward? Do you have any suspects now, and if so, why do you suspect them? Why haven't you hunted?

1) I have since voted for BD because of his repeated disappearance and his weird post about direct accusations. Which you would know if you used my fancy shiny new Lurker Tracker  *wink wink shameless promotion wink*.
2) Looking at what's been happening afterwards, I'm becoming suspicious once again of breadbocks, but I'm not changing my vote until BD gets back. I don't know if Dariush is scum or town, frankly.
3) Explanations:
breadbocks: Still suspicious of his cagey response to your RV. Not necessarily the meat of it, but the general defensive reaction, as if it was a trap he needed to avoid. There's also the fact his case didn't come until fairly repeated prompting, and his vote originally wasn't on anything more than an OMGUS vote.
Dariush: I've never read a game with Dariush in it, so I don't know how he normally reacts. And after Jim posted that this is how Dariush does, I wanted to wait for a good avenue of attack before I pressured him. However, I plum couldn't think of good avenues of attack. During my last post, I was considering voting him as well to add more pressure, but as I couldn't come up with good questions to pressure him with, I decided to go with my other suspicion of BD. I just vainly hoped that BD would magically come in and notice that I asked him a question and start posting again. Sigh.
Second scumpick would be BD for disappearing and his weird reactions overall.
4) One part Lurker Tracker coding, one part I was really hoping BD, Panda, or Darvi would come in and start posting actual content.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 12, 2011, 01:06:01 pm »

breadbocks: Why do you call "I know he's scum" stating the facts? Why were you so worried initially about LNCP's question? Not the bit about relying on your teammates, the fact that you reacted like it was a massive trap waiting for you. Why did you make a show of calling it out? Why'd you revote Dariush? Any other suspects than Dariush?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #176 on: June 12, 2011, 01:41:56 pm »

Too fast on the weekends... :-\ Activity is good though.

Mostly responses / comments, nothing particularly solid this time. Don't have any more time right now to look deeper.

On that note, you seem rather focused on breadbocks. Why? And thoughts on any of the others?
I seem unable to keep a lot of stuff running parallel in my brain, so I'm sifting through it all one issue after another. You will get your turn as well, no worries.
The bigger problem was that you had just replaced in and had only minimal interactions to go on. That's been somewhat alleviated since.

Toaster looks less suspicious to me, since him claiming Kook right off the bat although he had done so previously seems like a rather dumb choice if he was scum. But it really is WIFOM as far as I can see.
The whole Kook claim has been a big thing over the past several rounds of Paranormal. Toaster claiming Kook is perfectly expected if he actually is a Kook and not something I'd put past him if he were a Dopp. Basically a null tell. At least it lets inspectors that would be fooled by a Kook know that they're probably better off going elsewhere for the time being.

Jokerman, who will be lynched, who will be nightkilled?
This feels like a leading question. There's no particular way to know the former unless you are trying to (and capable of) control the lynch and the latter only scum / Vigs know. What did/do you hope to gain by his answer?

It feels to me that Janus is only answering the questions posed and lightly poking at people. He didn't place a vote until asked, he wasn't attacking anyone, and overall it seemed like passive play.
Look back. I'm asking and answering questions. Meta-wise, voting late isn't unsual for me, nor is being accused of being passive (although I usually don't see it). So you really don't have much.

By fully stated I meant that you already made a list of people that you found suspicious, you have reasons, and yet I haven't seen you attack anyone. Sup widdat?
Emphasis on the I haven't seen part.

breadbocks is scum, because this is exactly the sort of stuff he does as scum. He rides popular opinion for his suspicions, and then when people ask him about it he lurks like a motherfucker and avoids making a case. He did it in BMXXI and again in BMXXIII.
In fact, it's what I do anyways, which you would have known if you read any of the other games I've played. I don't like posting shit that isn't done, and I don't post because every time I do, I'll get pestered for said undone thing.
I find it interesting that you didn't strictly deny it, but rather claimed to do the same as town or scum. Can you link a game where you did the same as town? I don't recall having played with you before often / at all either way. It does feel like a traditional scum pattern.

Trying to analyze pairs of people, particularly on Day 1 isn't likely to lead anywhere useful. I would suggest avoiding such lines of thought. It often leads to 'one must be scum' lines of thought which (if neither is) wastes lynches.

(After typing this, I see that Toaster said the same thing. It's worth listening to).

:-\ You really need to make the time for at least something. If you make it through the entirety of Day 1 without more content, you should really consider replacement (since you're so busy).

Although, one more extension would be nice if there's no strong consensus for me personally. I'll be away from my computer pretty much all of Monday.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 12, 2011, 03:24:47 pm »

Pandarsenic Pandarsenic Pandarsenic Pandarsenic Pandarsenic Pandarsenic

Doing a great job distancing yourself there with meaningless blue text.

Scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 12, 2011, 03:36:25 pm »

Your words aren't really moving me Jim.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 12, 2011, 07:16:12 pm »

Toaster, you've been poking and prodding around. Where do you stand with your suspicions?

Didn't I just answer LNCP asking me pretty much the same thing?  Yeah, I think I did.   Anyway, Dariush is scum, Pandar smells of scum, and breadbocks has some questions coming to him below.  Darvi and BD haven't hunted any.

WRT your vote change:  I suppose that could be true.

Dariush:
Unvote.

That puts the "active" in "active lurking."

I'd call it hopping from one OMGUS to another, this one with a side of bandwagon.

Toony:  Do you have anything on Pandar besides his lurkitude?  What about others that are lurking, like Darvi and BD- are they as scummy as Pandar for it?  (thanks WebLurkerTracker)

Breadbocks:  So Dariush is "utterly scummy" because of his "desperation OMGUS" correct?  Anything else?  Do you think that's a good reason for D1?

Who else do you suspect?  You've done no hunting besides voting him, which wasn't really hunting.

Darvi:  I've seen no hunting out of you.  Who do you suspect and why?

BD:  Same to you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24