Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 -Rebooting  (Read 69095 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 - Replacement Requested
« Reply #240 on: June 16, 2011, 06:39:14 pm »

I guess I'll join...this will be my first mafia game so please bare with me.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 16, 2011, 06:51:34 pm »

The Whiteboard
Dariush: Darvi, Toaster
Jim Groovester: ToonyMan
ToonyMan: Jim Groovester

Day 2 ends ~5pm Pacific Monday

@UltraValican: Can you devote the time to play the game? Ideally, you should post at least once a day and actively participate. Too much lurking hurts games quite a bit. But if you think you're up to it I'll let you take over for Bdthemag. However, you should read some of the previous Paranormal games. It's not quite a vanilla mafia game, and knowing what the various roles do and how they impact the game is pretty important.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 16, 2011, 07:11:40 pm »

I won't be taking over for the otherguy but if you decide to do another round when this one is finished I'll join, in the mean time I will watch this game as an example and read up on the roles, best of luck to all of you.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 16, 2011, 08:09:59 pm »

Anyways, ToonyMan, I guess the kill didn't go off like you wanted it, huh?
I didn't kill anybody yesterday.
You spent an awful lot of time distancing yourself from Pandarsenic. And only Pandarsenic. Why, people had to point out to you that there were other lurkers in the game.
How have I distanced myself from Pandarsenic?  Is it my fault if Pandarsenic asks me questions?  Should I have ignored him instead then?  Which I think would would work better for distancing instead.

Jim Groovester, I don't like at all that argument you had with Leafsnail yesterday.  You invalid his points by calling them completely useless and pointless until the day is over.
That's not what happened. I first refuted his points, and then I called them stupid and pointless.
I fail to see how that makes me voteworthy, or how that's even a bad thing. If people attack me, I'm going to defend myself, and I'm going to defend myself well.
You aren't defending yourself well when you don't even try.  Look at this:
You make scumhunting sound so scummy.
Very well.  Show me some scumhunting you did during that period, and explain why your vote didn't change away from your random one in order to back that up.
Nah.
I'd rather wait for you to show me how my posts were scummy first.
That wasn't a defense. It wasn't really anything. I couldn't make up my mind on Dariush because my reads on him at that point did not strongly point one way or the other. This is still the case.
Uh... huh.  So you're saying you essentially waffled and then promised to take action in a way that wouldn't actually require you doing anything (an even more passive position than what I thought it was).  Tell me, since when was it your policy to not do anything with regards to people you aren't sure about?  I mean... for instance, breadbocks had been voting Dariush for most of the games, and you're convinced breadbocks was scum.  Do you think it looked like bussing?  Why so or why not?
Blah blah I don't care about Dariush. I've been more interested in breadbocks for the whole game because I think it's more likely breadbocks is scum.
Shame on me for going after the people I suspect.
This is pointless.
This was the last significant post replying to Leafsnail.  You asked Leafsnail to farther define his points which have been doing for one and a half pages at that point and the end of the day was coming very shortly.  Your second reply is a completely dead stop that is just trying to halt conversation.  There is no way Leafsnail would be able to save himself at that point and all the five people voting him never moved like static dummies.  I don't like it.

I believe the people voting Leafsnail yesterday are very suspicious so I will be asking everybody that voted him yesterday, now that his role has been revealed as town, what do you actually plan to do today instead of sitting on your votes/hands?
You should know better than to pick your suspects from the list of people who mislynched a town, and why that's a bad idea, but here you are doing it anyway. I don't know what to think, except that you're probably scum if you're going to play it like it's a good idea.
But I'll answer your question anyway:
See you lynched.
Just like Leafsnail right?  I believe there is a reason for everything.  I'm going to get you today scum.

Jim Groovester, I don't like at all that argument you had with Leafsnail yesterday.  You invalid his points by calling them completely useless and pointless until the day is over.
And what about that argument do you dislike?
He muttered about with it stalling for the day end and describing his argument with Leafsnail as "dumb" and "pointless".

I believe the people voting Leafsnail yesterday are very suspicious
Arrite. Why?
You killed an innocent man.

The Advanced Doppelganger replace has to be used in lieu of the normal dopp kill.
I believe this happened as well, although you are original scum.
Explain.
From Meph's opening post.  Plus I don't see any scum teams who would kill Pandarsenic first night.  Unless something crazy happened yesterday.

Hopefully tomorrow there will be more people posting since it's already tonight where I live and there hasn't been much activity besides two posts.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 16, 2011, 08:22:26 pm »

I guess I can't do much on my old vote until the replacement for BD comes in, so Dariush: a while back, in your post where you voted breadbocks, you preemptively defended yourself against two arguments: the OMGUS of your vote and 'answering questions directed to another'. Why were you worried about people attacking you to the point you felt the need to defend yourself ahead of time? Why did you get aggressive about the particulars of if Toaster was accusing you or not? Why so worried about 'answering questions directed to another' when you were actually questioning EvilTwin's responses? This gets me because EvilTwin didn't ask a single question, nor did you answer any. Why worry about that then?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 16, 2011, 08:55:47 pm »

You spent an awful lot of time distancing yourself from Pandarsenic. And only Pandarsenic. Why, people had to point out to you that there were other lurkers in the game.
How have I distanced myself from Pandarsenic?  Is it my fault if Pandarsenic asks me questions?  Should I have ignored him instead then?  Which I think would would work better for distancing instead.

I'm talking about stuff like this:

Spoiler: This (click to show/hide)

These are completely empty and meaningless gestures of suspicion. If you really cared about lurkers you would've FoSed the others before you got called out on it and not just Pandarsenic.

Why did Pandarsenic get your sole attention for lurkers when there were others out there you were ignoring?

This was the last significant post replying to Leafsnail.  You asked Leafsnail to farther define his points which have been doing for one and a half pages at that point and the end of the day was coming very shortly.  Your second reply is a completely dead stop that is just trying to halt conversation.  There is no way Leafsnail would be able to save himself at that point and all the five people voting him never moved like static dummies.  I don't like it.

I asked Leafsnail to back up his accusations with evidence. He repeatedly called my play passive and attempted to justify it with generalizations of my posts. I asked for specific examples. He came back with a fraction of one.

Leafsnail had nothing and I told him as much. How long do I have to argue with bad arguments before the both of us have made our points? Endlessly? Not a chance.

Oh, come on. This is amateurish scum play.

Scum take the moral high ground after a mislynch because it gives them an easy position to attack people from. An easy, but completely fallacious position, because going after mislynchers is a dead end. It's, like, one of the most common and obvious scum tells.

You should know this. Why are you pressing this line of thought? (Hint: It's because you are scum.)
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 16, 2011, 09:06:55 pm »

I'm talking about stuff like this:
Spoiler: This (click to show/hide)
These are completely empty and meaningless gestures of suspicion. If you really cared about lurkers you would've FoSed the others before you got called out on it and not just Pandarsenic.
Why did Pandarsenic get your sole attention for lurkers when there were others out there you were ignoring?
He got my attention because I hate when he does his "mid-term" deal thing and completely does nothing the whole day.  It actually seems my suspicious was right since he's not here today.  If anything I was being helpful yesterday with my blue text on people.

I asked Leafsnail to back up his accusations with evidence. He repeatedly called my play passive and attempted to justify it with generalizations of my posts. I asked for specific examples. He came back with a fraction of one.
Leafsnail had nothing and I told him as much. How long do I have to argue with bad arguments before the both of us have made our points? Endlessly? Not a chance.
His points weren't bad though.  He was actively attacking you and you didn't know what to do.  I can tell because why would Jim ever let somebody call him scum and get away if he knew they were done for soon.

Oh, come on. This is amateurish scum play.
Scum take the moral high ground after a mislynch because it gives them an easy position to attack people from. An easy, but completely fallacious position, because going after mislynchers is a dead end. It's, like, one of the most common and obvious scum tells.
You should know this. Why are you pressing this line of thought? (Hint: It's because you are scum.)
Because we need to seek out our suspicions.  Unlike you, I want to find the hidden truths from anything I can find.  What I have right now is good and I want to stick with it.  What are you going to do?  I'm hunting scum with any suspicions I can get.  I don't know what you're doing at all besides sitting there playing the mafia man with secrets.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 16, 2011, 09:50:41 pm »

He got my attention because I hate when he does his "mid-term" deal thing and completely does nothing the whole day.  It actually seems my suspicious was right since he's not here today.  If anything I was being helpful yesterday with my blue text on people.

Or, your suspicions were right because you knew he was your partner.

You still haven't answered the other half of the question. Why did you ignore everybody else?

His points weren't bad though.  He was actively attacking you and you didn't know what to do.  I can tell because why would Jim ever let somebody call him scum and get away if he knew they were done for soon.

What the hell are you talking about? That doesn't make any sense.

Because we need to seek out our suspicions.  Unlike you, I want to find the hidden truths from anything I can find.  What I have right now is good and I want to stick with it.  What are you going to do?  I'm hunting scum with any suspicions I can get.  I don't know what you're doing at all besides sitting there playing the mafia man with secrets.

I see most of your accusations lie outside the realm of reality.

Pffffft, hidden truths. This isn't FMA, ToonyElric.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 17, 2011, 07:49:54 am »

Hmph. I guess I'll try to be the change.

I'll replace.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 17, 2011, 09:08:01 am »

Modface, we need prods for Jokerman (last post 65hrs ago), Dariush (last post 70hrs ago), Janus (last post 114hrs ago), and EvilTwin (last post 121hrs ago).

I believe the people voting Leafsnail yesterday are very suspicious
Arrite. Why?

Mislynches happen all the time, boy. Deal.

You've got nothing and you know it, which is why you're reverting to bullshit reasons like this so you can find a lynch. You could've at least been a bit more subtle.

The Advanced Doppelganger replace has to be used in lieu of the normal dopp kill.
I believe this happened as well, although you are original scum.
Explain.
From Meph's opening post.  Plus I don't see any scum teams who would kill Pandarsenic first night.  Unless something crazy happened yesterday.

Hopefully tomorrow there will be more people posting since it's already tonight where I live and there hasn't been much activity besides two posts.

Okay, I'm feeling really dumb right now. Did you mean that you think Jim is a vanilla dopp?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 17, 2011, 09:20:21 am »

Toony:  Do you have a case that doesn't suck on:
1) Jim
2) Anyone else?

LNCP:  Are either of your targets scummy enough for a vote?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 17, 2011, 09:32:24 am »

LNCP:  Are either of your targets scummy enough for a vote?

Not yet, no.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 17, 2011, 09:44:39 am »

My mistake. It was Pandarsenic, your scumbuddy..
Plus I don't see any scum teams who would kill Pandarsenic first night.
Guys, this isn't a restaurant.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 17, 2011, 09:53:27 am »

...Nevermind that there was a technically two-day night. Sure.
How, exactly, did breadbocks differ in any way from the targets of your previous OMGUSes?
You confuse terms 'OMGUS' and 'vote', I'm afraid.
And tell me how, exactly, you find scum by sitting on your ass and flailing at whoever happens to question you.
Since when is 'answering questions' classified as 'flailing'?

I explained all my arguments against breadbocks, at least twice. If you didn't see that, don't question me.

Anyways, ToonyMan, I guess the kill didn't go off like you wanted it, huh?
I didn't kill anybody yesterday.

Jim Groovester, I don't like at all that argument you had with Leafsnail yesterday.  You invalid his points by calling them completely useless and pointless until the day is over.  I believe the people voting Leafsnail yesterday are very suspicious so I will be asking everybody that voted him yesterday, now that his role has been revealed as town, what do you actually plan to do today instead of sitting on your votes/hands?
Wow, that is the most blatant OMGUS I've ever seen. Your only argument seems to be 'You argued with someone who flipped town and you VOTED him!!! SCUM!!!!!'. Why would that be?

And as to your question... Why do care? Mislynches happen constantly. breadbocks was dripping scumminess so he went to noose for that. We're going to take that into account and move on with scumhunt. Now stop buddying (the dead) and do the same.

Pray tell us, Toony, what have YOU found out yesterday? Most of your posts consisted of at most two-line useless remarks, the rest was spent on pounding Pandar and defending breadsnail. And what the fuck was the following?!
I've already admitted my mistake of focusing on Pandarsenic too much for his active-lurking so if it will please you any I'll FoS Darvi and BD as well.
I guess I can't do much on my old vote until the replacement for BD comes in, so Dariush: a while back, in your post where you voted breadbocks, you preemptively defended yourself against two arguments: the OMGUS of your vote and 'answering questions directed to another'. Why were you worried about people attacking you to the point you felt the need to defend yourself ahead of time? Why did you get aggressive about the particulars of if Toaster was accusing you or not? Why so worried about 'answering questions directed to another' when you were actually questioning EvilTwin's responses? This gets me because EvilTwin didn't ask a single question, nor did you answer any. Why worry about that then?
I warned about incoming OMGUS because there's a crapload of people (yes, I'm looking in your direction, LNCP) that will cry foul despite whatever arguments will accompany the vote if it was directed at someone who already had a vote on the voter. The same reason goes for answering questions directed to another. Call it paranoia.

Now, LNCP... On the first day you were active and questioning, on second you start ignoring everyone except for Toony and myself. Why the sudden change? Were you converted at night?

Darvi, is there any particular reason you voted me of were you simply prejoining an impeding bandwagon? What is your opinion on Toony? How about you actually do something except unargumented voting and irrelevant remarks/rule clarifications that belong in Meph's PM?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 17, 2011, 11:21:15 am »

Webadict will replace Bdthemag.

Unfortunately, JanusTwoFace also needs replacing now.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24