Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 -Rebooting  (Read 69851 times)

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 - Replacement Requested
« Reply #255 on: June 17, 2011, 12:53:45 pm »

I'm still around. I'm interested to hear what Toaster has to say about Pandar's disappearance. It seems like you've been awfully quite today.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 17, 2011, 02:34:29 pm »

He got my attention because I hate when he does his "mid-term" deal thing and completely does nothing the whole day.  It actually seems my suspicious was right since he's not here today.  If anything I was being helpful yesterday with my blue text on people.
Or, your suspicions were right because you knew he was your partner.
You still haven't answered the other half of the question. Why did you ignore everybody else?
I didn't ignore everybody else.  I mentioned Darius, Darvi, and BD as well.

His points weren't bad though.  He was actively attacking you and you didn't know what to do.  I can tell because why would Jim ever let somebody call him scum and get away if he knew they were done for soon.
What the hell are you talking about? That doesn't make any sense.
Can you please point where?  I don't know what see what you're asking at all.

Because we need to seek out our suspicions.  Unlike you, I want to find the hidden truths from anything I can find.  What I have right now is good and I want to stick with it.  What are you going to do?  I'm hunting scum with any suspicions I can get.  I don't know what you're doing at all besides sitting there playing the mafia man with secrets.
I see most of your accusations lie outside the realm of reality.
Pffffft, hidden truths. This isn't FMA, ToonyElric.
I'm seeking my suspicions.  I am suspicious of you, Major Jim, so I am voting you.  Although I admire you're ability to deflect my accusations.

I believe the people voting Leafsnail yesterday are very suspicious
Arrite. Why?
You killed an innocent man.
Mislynches happen all the time, boy. Deal.
You've got nothing and you know it, which is why you're reverting to bullshit reasons like this so you can find a lynch. You could've at least been a bit more subtle.
Lynching mafia on the first day severely cripples their power and leads to a much more likely town win.  I would also like you to explain how my reasons are "bullshit".  Unless you have something good to say that can help us win.

The Advanced Doppelganger replace has to be used in lieu of the normal dopp kill.
I believe this happened as well, although you are original scum.
Explain.
From Meph's opening post.  Plus I don't see any scum teams who would kill Pandarsenic first night.  Unless something crazy happened yesterday.
Hopefully tomorrow there will be more people posting since it's already tonight where I live and there hasn't been much activity besides two posts.
Okay, I'm feeling really dumb right now. Did you mean that you think Jim is a vanilla dopp?
No, I have no idea what Jim is but he certainly isn't human.

Toony:  Do you have a case that doesn't suck on:
1) Jim
2) Anyone else?
My case doesn't suck.  I want to really do this and Jim is my target currently.  I'll be able to target more people when they actually post useful content or post at all.  I'm still suspicious of Darius from yesterday so we'll be getting there soon.

My mistake. It was Pandarsenic, your scumbuddy..
Plus I don't see any scum teams who would kill Pandarsenic first night.
Guys, this isn't a restaurant.
What are you actually even doing?

Anyways, ToonyMan, I guess the kill didn't go off like you wanted it, huh?
I didn't kill anybody yesterday.
Jim Groovester, I don't like at all that argument you had with Leafsnail yesterday.  You invalid his points by calling them completely useless and pointless until the day is over.  I believe the people voting Leafsnail yesterday are very suspicious so I will be asking everybody that voted him yesterday, now that his role has been revealed as town, what do you actually plan to do today instead of sitting on your votes/hands?
Wow, that is the most blatant OMGUS I've ever seen. Your only argument seems to be 'You argued with someone who flipped town and you VOTED him!!! SCUM!!!!!'. Why would that be?
The only reason this would be an OMGUS is because Jim voted first.  I would have voted him if I was on sooner.  If I seem to recall correctly you OMGUS'd someone yesterday so put a sock in it.

And as to your question... Why do you care? Mislynches happen constantly. breadbocks was dripping scumminess so he went to noose for that. We're going to take that into account and move on with scumhunt. Now stop buddying (the dead) and do the same.
I care because I need as much information as I can get to find the mafia.  What's interesting is you just call it off as just a 'mislynch' like LNCP too...we could do better than that.  Indifferent town really suck, you know?  Especially the other ones that don't bother playing or talk about restaurants.

Pray tell us, Toony, what have YOU found out yesterday? Most of your posts consisted of at most two-line useless remarks, the rest was spent on pounding Pandar and defending breadsnail. And what the fuck was the following?!
I found out that you, Jim, and LNCP are probably the scum team we're looking at.  Have any way to be useful?  How about a scum suspicion list?  That would be good.

I'm still around. I'm interested to hear what Toaster has to say about Pandar's disappearance. It seems like you've been awfully quite today.
Glad to have you here...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 17, 2011, 02:37:21 pm »

Jokerman:

Says the person whose first post of the day is this.

It's possible he was killed- it's possible he was advanced dopp.  Wondering too much about it is WIFOM, hence why I hadn't said anything about it.

What do you think about it?  Why are you being awfully quiet?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 17, 2011, 02:54:05 pm »

I have few intentions on rereading this thread, and certainly not on this phone. What do I need to know right now?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 17, 2011, 03:02:22 pm »

Guys, this isn't a restaurant.

Hey, uselessface.

You gonna be useless all day?

Of course. And that's the problem. You only mentioned them. That's the extent of your interaction or suspicion with other lurkers besides Pandarsenic. In other words, bullshit.

His points weren't bad though.  He was actively attacking you and you didn't know what to do.  I can tell because why would Jim ever let somebody call him scum and get away if he knew they were done for soon.

I've bolded all the parts that don't make sense.

I don't get what point you're trying to make. People call me scum all the time, and they get away with it because I go straight to the meat of their accusations and refute them. If you're trying to make a meta argument, it sucks, and isn't actually based on my meta, so I suggest you do something about those two things and try again, or explain your point better.

I found out that you, Jim, and LNCP are probably the scum team we're looking at.  Have any way to be useful?  How about a scum suspicion list?  That would be good.

So all your attackers are the scum team?

Well, aren't you just a font of credibility.

Toaster, what's your read on ToonyMan?

Think0028, same question.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 17, 2011, 03:12:57 pm »

Of course. And that's the problem. You only mentioned them. That's the extent of your interaction or suspicion with other lurkers besides Pandarsenic. In other words, bullshit.
I guess there's a chance any game that I don't mention by name every damn player the first day or maybe even the whole game.  Did you successfully "interact" with everybody day 1?

I've bolded all the parts that don't make sense.
I don't get what point you're trying to make. People call me scum all the time, and they get away with it because I go straight to the meat of their accusations and refute them. If you're trying to make a meta argument, it sucks, and isn't actually based on my meta, so I suggest you do something about those two things and try again, or explain your point better.
I guess we won't be getting anywhere with this route.  You are completely avoiding what I am accusing you of.  You did not "get to the meat" of Leafsnail the day just ended for you and your buddies.

So all your attackers are the scum team?
Well, aren't you just a font of credibility.
Maybe if other players actually did something, I know I'm right though.  Don't dismiss my credibility.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 17, 2011, 03:27:00 pm »

Claiming you know you're right is an excuse to hold your vote where it is without justification.

Now why would you need to say that?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 17, 2011, 03:41:40 pm »

Jim:  Pretty damn scummy.  He's my #2 pick behind Dariush.

Toony:  Your case was crap then and still is.  You didn't mention those lurkers until I specifically asked you about them.  You were going after Pandar for a reason, and it's not because you had a problem with his lurking.  Why?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 17, 2011, 03:47:00 pm »

What makes Dariush scummier than ToonyMan?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 17, 2011, 06:56:57 pm »

The Whiteboard
Dariush: Darvi, Think0028, Toaster
Jim Groovester: ToonyMan
ToonyMan: Dariush, Jim Groovester

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday

A Replacement is needed for JanusTwoFace
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 17, 2011, 09:03:33 pm »

I warned about incoming OMGUS because there's a crapload of people (yes, I'm looking in your direction, LNCP) that will cry foul despite whatever arguments will accompany the vote if it was directed at someone who already had a vote on the voter. The same reason goes for answering questions directed to another. Call it paranoia.

Firstly, your reasoning should be sufficient to stand on its own, if it's a good vote. Secondly, this only answers half my question. What questions of EvilTwin did you answer? I'm looking at the post, and I don't see questions, I only see responses. I'm wondering not just why you preemptively defended yourself, I'm wondering why you defended yourself against a accusation that seems hollow to me. Care to explain why you felt that you were answering questions meant for another?

Jim: I don't like ToonyMan's playing style much, it always feels weird to me. That said, he's really acting weird now.

ToonyMan: Why all the tunnelling on Jim? Why freaking out so much over Jim and not the other people who voted breadbocks? Why did your suspect list only come out after you were attacked? If Jim's really 'deflected your accusations', then what are you going to do now? Why did you not mention other lurkers until pointed out otherwise? Why were you so focused on Pandarsenic's lurking but never voting him on it?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 17, 2011, 09:23:24 pm »

Jim:  Not much.

Dariush had flip-flop OMGUSes early game, with him unable to come up with a straight answer for voting me before giving up and going after Breadbocks with a bandwagon OMGUS combo.  His D2 post is better than his D1 ones, but he's hardly putting forth great effort or originality into hunting.

Toony had lackluster hunting D1 paired with his odd interactions with Pandar.  Today his attack on you is crap and his arguments borderline nonsense.

Honestly, it's a close call and Dariush has the vote right now mostly because he got it first.  I'd see either of them hang as it is now.

Web:  You should know better than to just read part of the thread.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 17, 2011, 09:31:34 pm »

Toaster: Lol, you act like I care.

I don't. Not only that, but I also have things better to do. Reading the thread to find out how stupid all of your scumhunting Day 1 is far from interesting or helpful.

The only thing I saw from my limited accidental seeing was that you were scummy. Also stupid for believing you could learn anything with your questions.

Is that sufficient?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 17, 2011, 11:03:59 pm »

Quietfaces, i.e., Darvi, Jokerman-EXE, and EvilTwin.

You have anything to comment on about current happenings?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 18, 2011, 12:23:12 am »

I can prolly replace into this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24