Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 -Rebooting  (Read 69088 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 - Back to full
« Reply #285 on: June 20, 2011, 06:39:38 am »

Unvote ToonyMan. I propose a policy lynch.

Let's Lynch All Lurkers. We have so many to choose from.

Let's start with Darvi.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 20, 2011, 09:05:16 am »

Dammit, I hate stuff like this.  It's not fun for anybody.  Darvi, do you have an explanation for why you're posting in other threads on the board, but not here?  Is it because you don't care or because you have absolutely nothing to say?

Same for the other lurkers...ugh not like they'd response... :[

Yeah, you're right Jim.  Extend and vote Darvi, play or be lynched.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 20, 2011, 09:41:02 am »

Toony and Jim:  The way you two just suddendly set aside your differences and joined hand-in-hand to slay lurkers is cute.

However, why just one?

LNCP:  Lurk alert on you.  Could you reiterate your top three picks with reasons?  Anything new since your last post?

EvilTwin hasn't posted since day start, despite being online.  He certainly needs a prod.

Darvi:  Top three picks from you, please.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 20, 2011, 09:46:56 am »

You can't lynch more than one person a day.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 20, 2011, 10:01:04 am »

But why ignore the other two high-level lurkers?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 20, 2011, 10:14:19 am »

Jokerman:
I'm still around. I'm interested to hear what Toaster has to say about Pandar's disappearance. It seems like you've been awfully quite today.

Says the person whose first post of the day is this.

It's possible he was killed- it's possible he was advanced dopp.  Wondering too much about it is WIFOM, hence why I hadn't said anything about it.

What do you think about it?  Why are you being awfully quiet?

The reason I pointed this out was because when everyone was talking about Pandar's disappearance, you were conveniently quiet and didn't comment on it unless I asked. In itself, that's not too much of anything, but it just seemed a little out of the ordinary for you.

Jokerman: are you going to join in? You've contributed awfully little to date, with some RV questions and then a vote on Pandarsenic for lurking. You then promptly lurked through Thursday, only coming in when prodded. What do you think about ToonyMan now? You mentioned you had suspicions of him yesterday. How about now?

ToonyMan...well, I don't like it, to be honest. Each of his posts seems flustered and somewhat scattered, which is different from his scum game where he typically seems more professional and in control. He's also spent all day defending himself and only attacking Jim, which is an OMGUS no matter what the argument, and is also not at all beneficial to town. He gave in too easily and moved his vote to Darvi, which looks like him trying to let the attacks on him die off.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 20, 2011, 10:53:25 am »

Extend.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 20, 2011, 11:32:51 am »

The Whiteboard
Dariush: Darvi, Think0028, Toaster
Darvi: Jim Groovester, ToonyMan
ToonyMan: Dariush, Jokerman-EXE

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 20, 2011, 11:56:54 am »

Extend again, Meph. God dang, you'd think 48 hour extensions were the bane of all existence.

I'll read this some time later, as I've got no work today, but a whole lot to do.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 20, 2011, 03:20:09 pm »

Toony and Jim:  The way you two just suddendly set aside your differences and joined hand-in-hand to slay lurkers is cute.

However, why just one?

Prodding them isn't doing anything, and I've only got one vote.

The whole point of a policy lynch is to stop shitty behavior like this from happening at all, and you have to start somewhere.

I pick Darvi because, 1) he's been deliberately lurking since he's been very active elsewhere on the forums, and 2) his contributions amount to less than Jokerman-EXE's.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 - Replacement Requested
« Reply #295 on: June 20, 2011, 07:14:18 pm »

I is back from my resting days. Extend.

How, exactly, did breadbocks differ in any way from the targets of your previous OMGUSes?
You confuse terms 'OMGUS' and 'vote', I'm afraid.

I'd say that your heated attacks toward your voters D1 constitutes OMGUSes.

And tell me how, exactly, you find scum by sitting on your ass and flailing at whoever happens to question you.

Since when is 'answering questions' classified as 'flailing'?

I explained all my arguments against breadbocks, at least twice. If you didn't see that, don't question me.

Answering questions my ass. You were chucking crap attacks at people like they were cheap cigars.

Now, LNCP... On the first day you were active and questioning, on second you start ignoring everyone except for Toony and myself. Why the sudden change? Were you converted at night?

I've stopped being general because I have some stuff to go on. I wouldn't say focus is a bad thing.

Pray tell us, Toony, what have YOU found out yesterday? Most of your posts consisted of at most two-line useless remarks, the rest was spent on pounding Pandar and defending breadsnail. And what the fuck was the following?!
I found out that you, Jim, and LNCP are probably the scum team we're looking at.  Have any way to be useful?  How about a scum suspicion list?  That would be good.

How and why?

LNCP:  Lurk alert on you.  Could you reiterate your top three picks with reasons?  Anything new since your last post?

Alert received. I lost my touch with this thread, so I'll need to reread, but as of now they are:

Dariush for being a funny smelling bastard with OMGUSes at the ready, and with no real use backing him
ToonyMan for a crap D2 attack, and scummy Pandar distancing
Think and Darvi for being quiet and/or useless.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 - Replacement Requested
« Reply #296 on: June 20, 2011, 07:27:51 pm »

Extend again because 48-hour extensions eff yeah.
Think and Darvi for being quiet and/or useless.
Sayeth the pot. 10-hour D&D session yesterday + LotR marathon Saturday = not many posts from Think0028.

Toony: Why suddenly deciding to work with Jim, your scumtarget #1?

Jim: Would initiating Lynch All Lurkers really be the best thing to do here? I understand we don't have anything to go on for lurkers, but is policy lynching the best response?

... Granted, we've already gone through 4 replacements, and I don't want to start getting replacements for replacements...

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 20, 2011, 07:34:40 pm »

Policy lynches are usually terrible ideas but the participation in this game is so atrocious I don't know what else to do to get people off their lazy asses.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 20, 2011, 07:44:00 pm »

Pray tell us, Toony, what have YOU found out yesterday? Most of your posts consisted of at most two-line useless remarks, the rest was spent on pounding Pandar and defending breadsnail. And what the fuck was the following?!
I found out that you, Jim, and LNCP are probably the scum team we're looking at.  Have any way to be useful?  How about a scum suspicion list?  That would be good.
How and why?
Hoho, I've already answered that.
Dariush comes up from yesterday, you don't just change into town during the night so you're suspcions still hold from Day 1.  Jim comes from do I have to even explain it again, and LNCP would be a third choice because of his indifference to hunting scum and based on his 'mislynch' opinions.

Toony: Why suddenly deciding to work with Jim, your scumtarget #1?
Hey look people are posting a lot more suddenly (not the lurkers still though).  This is way better than before and I'd rather choose a different target to come out than get stuck in a silent stalemate where we run out of things to say to each other since nobody else is playing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 20, 2011, 09:34:38 pm »

Unvote ToonyMan. I propose a policy lynch.

Let's Lynch All Lurkers. We have so many to choose from.

Let's start with Darvi.
I am actually going to agree with you here, Jimmy Dean. Lynching Darvi is a good idea, considering that using a meta-argument of his scummitude in Dethy, which he is also lurking in, and the fact that he was posting for several hours before posting in the lurking thread, which means he is, in fact, not trying to post at all and is lurking. I can get behind this LAL specifically because he's lurking hardcore.

I would consider Toaster to be scum as well, based solely on almost nothing. He seems to be trying to subtly push everyone away from Darvi as opposed to anyone else. He finds no reason against it, but passively defends Darvi nonetheless.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24