Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274862 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #10050 on: February 28, 2021, 09:33:28 am »

I don't think they do, there was another empire selling slaves but it was barely a trickle, so I doubt they sell X% of their slave pops.

If I had to guess, I'd imagine they sell based on overpopulation and energy needs.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10051 on: March 04, 2021, 05:02:30 pm »

Earned "Eternal One" (all achievements get) on Slay the Spire.

Last one I needed was an ascension 20 win, which I managed on the Silent with a hilarious shiv deck.

Included:
2x Footwork
3x Accuracy
2x After Image
4x Blade Dance

mostly upgraded, among other things. Mummified Hand was a lucky score. Also Kunai and Shuriken, of course.

Got a tiny bit hairy when I rolled Time Eater as a final boss, but it turns out even he can be quickly ruined when each Blade Dance is generating 4 shivs that do 25 damage apiece.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10052 on: March 07, 2021, 11:46:51 pm »

I finished Spelunky for the first time, even if I had to use the shortcut to do it, and then lucking out that the shit above Olmec was mostly bombs. I lured him to a corner then blasted a massive hole in the floor and lured him back to it.

My record stands at 1/329.

I am saddened that my earlier attempt, during which I went through the black market while being a criminal, ended in failure in the Temple with a potential City of Gold run when I forgot to jump off a spike trap.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10053 on: March 13, 2021, 10:33:43 pm »

My super strong, vampire, elephant man killed a hydra with its bare hands. The final strike was suitable dramatic too. A claw right through the thing's chest, to its heart, which caused it to finally bleed out.

DF
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10054 on: March 15, 2021, 09:57:32 am »

First attempt to hit an enemy zeppelin with the flare gun, not knowing the flight dynamics of the flare and (in hindsight) at a distance outside where I should be trying aim the flare gun, scored a direct hit. Destroyed all but one, while three British planes were trying to kill me. I killed them instead.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10055 on: March 15, 2021, 11:22:34 am »

My brother got Stellaris on Humble Bundle and we've been playing with two other people *_*
wait I can't take credit for that

On our second run the Khan woke up again, once again *directly* next to us.  We had to surrender again, but we were better prepared and were able to ever-so-slightly delay him at a couple of key systems.  See, being a satrap isn't actually very bad at all, but we wanted to preserve our federation.  Even if we weren't in it.

I'd accidentally let the Subterranean Empire spawn, but had peacefully vassalized them.  I released them, giving them full Federation membership.  Then our envoys desperately buttered up a megacorp until it agreed to join (it was easier once our hive-player had to surrender to the Khan).  So soon the Federation was just me and these two AI, with the horde swelling with the forces of the three other players.  As their levies smashed through my defense, I surrendered as well.

A couple years later the Khan died, mere moments from crushing the megacorp's homeworlds.  His successor released everyone, embracing egalitarian ideals.  Our trade Federation had survived, barely, without us being in it.  We begged our way back in (it took a lot of coaxing to let them accept our hive mind player) and now things are looking pretty gravy.

A nice thing about Stellaris is that there's absolutely no need to backstab these valiant NPC empires, and we have no intention to.  Two of us would feel *awful*, and the other two don't care.  We will prosper together!

(We do kinda dominate Federation politics of course, by colluding as players, but it's in the best interests of all involved.  The AI can be very dumb - like refusing to surrender to the Khan <3)

Stellaris
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10056 on: March 19, 2021, 04:26:49 pm »

Not much of an own, since the boss is easy peasy, but I just tried out early-game Zweihander, and... wow. Chunking half of Taurus Demon's HP with a plunging attack and then repeatedly staggering him during the fight for an easy win was unbelievably satisfying. I don't think I'll ever go back to puny daggers after this.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10057 on: March 19, 2021, 04:50:19 pm »

DEX builds.

Not even once.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10058 on: March 19, 2021, 05:00:53 pm »

Not much of an own, since the boss is easy peasy, but I just tried out early-game Zweihander, and... wow. Chunking half of Taurus Demon's HP with a plunging attack and then repeatedly staggering him during the fight for an easy win was unbelievably satisfying. I don't think I'll ever go back to puny daggers after this.

Seeing how easily you owned that dude, I seriously must ask: Why did you ever think strength weapons were bad to begin with?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10059 on: March 19, 2021, 05:16:37 pm »

Seeing how easily you owned that dude, I seriously must ask: Why did you ever think strength weapons were bad to begin with?
I was previously not aware that bosses could stagger, so I assumed I'd be expending my entire stamina bar to swing a giant sword that the big bad would simply power through before following up with a gut punch to my self-esteem. Now that I know I can bully them... everything is different. It's... it's beautiful.

I see now how foolish I was.

Still keeping some pyromancy in my back pocket, though. Just in case I run into something that is difficult to sword. Also because I want to smoke weed erryday cast Power Within and boost my damage to ludicrous levels.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10060 on: March 19, 2021, 05:30:49 pm »

Do give Great Combustion a try when you meet Quelana. Str weapon damage and stagger at Dex weapon speed!

And you don't have to put levels into damage, which is why I've died a few times to low level invaders in elite knight's armor who just walk up and melt my face off with fire. :v
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10061 on: March 19, 2021, 09:22:38 pm »

Since we're sorta talking DS1 builds, I did one where I almost didn't level anything but Vitality and Endurance - just enough Str and Dex to one-hand a halberd, and some Attunement in the late game. Then I just went Fire reinforcement (later Lightning) + Pyromancy 'cause none of those have stat scaling.

Not saying it was a great build or anything, but it was pretty fun.

Spoiler: Endgame Spoilers (click to show/hide)
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10062 on: March 20, 2021, 01:11:31 am »

I think my favorite build in DS1 was a DEX build. I had the wood grain ring, full shadow set armor, parry dagger in the off-hand, and (eventually) +15 bandit knife in the right. It was the first time I tried going without a shield for the whole game and instead rolling or parrying everything, and it was pretty fun.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #10063 on: March 20, 2021, 01:47:17 am »

I beat Gravitee Wars by basically turning it into Trickshot Simulator 2010. I played like normal for the first few levels, then I came up with the brilliant idea to max out my units' Accuracy.

Accuracy increases the length of the trajectory preview, so by the time I maxed it out, I just went around gleefully trickshotting my enemies to death, and I managed to get at least Silver on almost every level. I preferred the instadeath methods; launching enemies out of bounds, into shields, and into stars. AI started being a pain by the end, but before that, it was a total massacre. Accuracy is OP.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10064 on: March 22, 2021, 08:19:59 am »

Using broadhead arrows, I shot two enemies in a row in the neck, decapitating them. The second one, I caught their head out of the air and used it to bludgeon several people to death.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 708