Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274261 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #10125 on: September 16, 2021, 03:21:28 am »

Congrats, dude. Hino-Enma is a really difficult fight, much more so than Onryoki was.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10126 on: September 16, 2021, 04:30:53 am »

Managed to complete a Biohazard run, which consists of 5 waves of enemies. Waves 1, 3, and 5 are swarms of 50-60+ zombies, with a wave of cyberdogs and a wave of cannibals in between.

After realizing what a slog I would be going through after (barely) completing the first wave, I started changing how I used my weapons and learned a good deal about what I can do with either hand. I can use swords and grenades fairly equally well in either hand, can't use guns very well in my left, can barely use shuriken at all with my left(and can't reach the pocket with my right). To be fair, shuriken are hard to aim and don't do a lot of damage.

Since ammo was a concern after the second wave(cyberdogs), I took out the third wave with a sword, except for the boss zombies. Nearly died in the fourth wave(cannibals) because I nearly ran out of revolver ammo and I can barely hit them with my assault rifle(bastards are tiny). Final wave was sword again, though one of the final zombies(with a chain gun) took nearly everything I had. The last zombie, a Dead Spacer(hard-to-kill boss zombie that vomits acid all over the floor and attacks by screaming very loudly) died to a grenade.

All in all, made a ton of credits and found some nice gear. Including a shotgun I took into the next story mission... which turned out to be terrible because it's a bitch to pump and load shells into.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10127 on: September 16, 2021, 08:59:51 am »

Congrats, dude. Hino-Enma is a really difficult fight, much more so than Onryoki was.
Thanks, probably 30% of my character deaths are trying to fight her :D

Managed to take out Nue, though it wasn't the final boss of the mission despite it's huge, seemed utterly insanely difficult (until i checked this video , that made it a -very- lot easier) , the mask i got in loot made me understand why the game blacksmith allow to switch the appearance of 2 items

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10128 on: September 16, 2021, 12:41:38 pm »

Outplayed a katana-wielding edgelord by dumping every single resource I had on his head and stylishly finishing him off literal milliseconds before his giant AoE ice spell obliterated my party. Then I watched, blinking with disbelief, as the game played a completely new anime-style opening before putting me back in control, implying that I had only just made it to the halfway point. I am both terrified and ecstatic that there's so much game left.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: September 17, 2021, 03:33:04 am »

Thanks, probably 30% of my character deaths are trying to fight her :D

Managed to take out Nue, though it wasn't the final boss of the mission despite it's huge, seemed utterly insanely difficult (until i checked this video , that made it a -very- lot easier) , the mask i got in loot made me understand why the game blacksmith allow to switch the appearance of 2 items

Huh. I have never gotten that helmet drop. And yeah, Nue is fairly difficult too if you fight him in melee and don't know about having a roof. The next difficult boss, iirc, is Umi-Bozu, so I'll give you a hint ahead of time: use fire damage (Hyotakko mask is good, if you have the time to let the whole animation play out), and learn the animation for his laser - it's a 1-hit KO.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10130 on: September 17, 2021, 05:04:19 am »

Thanks for the hint, i'll have now to find some fire-based weaponry to replace my current lightning based one.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: September 24, 2021, 12:36:38 am »

Played through the best fight I've had in a while in DF Adventure Mode.

Made a swordsman character based off of King Fuhrer Bradley from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I gave him an iron sword in character creation, and wrestlegrinded all of his combat stats until he had superhuman strength and speed, and superior in most of the others.

I then outfitted him in full iron armour scavenged from various hamlet buildings, and went off to find stuff to kill.

While searching for a cyclops, I stopped at an army in a town, thinking it would be a small band of bandits or a tiny army.

Cue combatants of every colour and weapon type surrounding me and closing in. They weren't aggressive yet, but if I attacked one of them, all of them would swarm. EXCELLENT.

I ran to to one end so they'd be coming from direction. I land one strike, crippling somebody immediately and I proceed to dodge like 5 different arrows and crossbow bolts.

Before the fight, I had 23 noticeable kills. By the end of it, I had 50.

ONE HIT was landed on my guy, who only has adept dodging ( with admittedly superhuman physicals ), and it was from an arrow that couldn't even get through all my armour.

I was dodging arrow fire like an Agent from the Matrix, every step I took towards the bunched up group of like 5 archers was accompanied by arrow fire, all dodged. Every hit I landed was either decapitation or a crippling injury ( when clothes didn't get in the way ).

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10132 on: September 25, 2021, 07:07:07 pm »

I finally cleared enough missions to unlock the second area in Skatebird.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: September 26, 2021, 06:08:20 am »

Got the "Uncanny Clicker" achievement... by just clicking really damn fast. No tools, no hacks, nothing like that. I wasn't even intending to do it.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10134 on: September 26, 2021, 04:34:49 pm »

My fast click method is to hold down the mouse in one hand so it doesn't move, then alternate my index and middle fingers as fast as possible.

Interesting, just tried it. Doesn't seem to work very well on my computer mouse, but it worked a lot better on my laptop trackpad mouse. I think mouse design factors a lot into how fast you can click. My laptop mouse has relatively weak springs, so I think I would have been able to click even faster if they were better.

My favourite method though is to click the laptop mouse with my left hand and the computer mouse with my right. It basically doubles my clickspeed for relatively little extra work.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10135 on: September 27, 2021, 03:10:22 am »

I tried it too. I only got 8,6cps with two fingers, 8,4cps with one finger.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: September 27, 2021, 03:52:55 am »

I got up to 13.2 after a few tries where I kind of tense up all my muscles and start spasming like mad, but it also feels like I'm going to give myself an aneurysm so... not recommended.

"Do you know the world record for most clicks in 5 second? It's 15.4 CPS. Challenge yourself to beat it.
Updated On: 09/27/2021" -https://clickspeedtest.com/
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: September 29, 2021, 07:08:07 pm »

I got through a round of Minesweeper without using any flags.

(There's one square left to remove, but I didn't want to trigger the ending sequence yet.)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: September 30, 2021, 02:30:39 am »

I've never been able to beat that game even with the flags, so what is the ending sequence?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: October 01, 2021, 11:18:47 pm »

(There's one square left to remove, but I didn't want to trigger the ending sequence yet.)

Took me forever to realize it's the right-most empty box on the bottom row.

I've never been able to beat that game even with the flags, so what is the ending sequence?

If it's like Windows minesweeper, it automatically puts flags over all the mines, so you couldn't tell it was done without. (The yellow smiley face just gets sunglasses in that version.)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 11:23:55 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 708