Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 683 684 [685] 686 687 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1260162 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #10260 on: June 05, 2022, 02:33:38 am »

DP ‘cause I’m apparently the best.

Got an 8192 in 4096. Could’ve got a 16384, but I accidentally flicked up when I had another 4096 to upgrade. Ah well, not sure if you can get more than that and it took me too long to get to that point.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10261 on: June 06, 2022, 05:10:07 pm »

After grinding for 3 days and probably over a hundred Countess kills, I finally got the pul rune I needed to upgrade my weapon (Athena's Wrath) in Diablo II: Resurrected.

I'd been cubing up every rune she dropped, but it was intensely frustrating that she dropped only like 3 runes above hel in all of those runs.  I had 2 lem runes, 2 fal runes, 2 ko runes, 3 lum runes and 2 io runes, so I needed like... 1 more of any of those for like 50 runs.  I did the math and saw that I was going to need thousands of thul runes to cube up what I needed, but she almost never dropped anything better than that.  Until, finally, she gave me the pul rune outright.

I hate thul runes now.  Chipped topazes are almost as rare as high runes when you need them, so you end up with gobs of them choking your stash and it starts to make you wonder if it's worth picking them up.  A dozen normal cow runs and just opening every chest and killing everything in sight through act 1 got me like 4.  I think I understand when people say they don't grab anything below like lum.

Oh well, I got it, and my werewolf druid now does almost 4k damage with fury and my act 2 mercenary.  I can honestly say I've never had a melee character in Diablo II that actually felt powerful until now.  Usually by the time I get to hell difficulty, killing even trash enemies is a chore even with crushing blow.

Now I just hate physical immunes.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10262 on: June 07, 2022, 05:31:36 am »

Started the game as Lama Ladonna, the character that gets stronger and faster every 10th level but also makes the enemies stronger. The goal was to last 30 minutes to unlock skull o' maniac and unlock Pugnala Provola by opening her coffin in the Mad Forest.

The curious thing, I never felt like I was in any danger. I ended up having the Death Spiral, Thousand Edge, Hellfire, Soul Eater (say what you want, garlic is a great weapon), La Borra, and, underwhelmingly, the runecaster.
The bats at the last minute were surprisingly easy to survive, but unfortunately weren't soft enough to grant me new arcana.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10263 on: June 07, 2022, 10:31:30 am »

Started the game as Lama Ladonna, the character that gets stronger and faster every 10th level but also makes the enemies stronger. The goal was to last 30 minutes to unlock skull o' maniac and unlock Pugnala Provola by opening her coffin in the Mad Forest.

The curious thing, I never felt like I was in any danger. I ended up having the Death Spiral, Thousand Edge, Hellfire, Soul Eater (say what you want, garlic is a great weapon), La Borra, and, underwhelmingly, the runecaster.
The bats at the last minute were surprisingly easy to survive, but unfortunately weren't soft enough to grant me new arcana.

Dang, I just tried Exdash for the first time, and while I couldn't clear enemies fast enough to keep myself safe in the last minute, the combination of Soul Eater, Bloody Tear, Pummarola, Empty Tome and armor somehow made me regenerate HP faster than I took damage.
Oh, and NO FUTURE is underwhelming.

EDIT:

This was not supposed to be a new post; I wanted to edit the last one. I blame my piece of trash phone.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10264 on: June 07, 2022, 03:08:49 pm »

Defeated the final boss. Another game finished.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #10265 on: June 08, 2022, 11:27:56 am »

My inquisition beaten up War. Then turned him into a frog. Then looted his sword. And then died to a small bunch of centaurs. Too bad i didn't have replays enabled.

Conquest of Elysium 5
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 11:39:34 am by MCreeper »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10266 on: June 10, 2022, 06:12:07 pm »

Garlic is actually fantastic, but primarily for its debuff ability; combo it with Lancet or something with strong knockback like Wand to just stand there... on the other hand, I find its upgrade to be decidedly uninteresting, and pretty much a waste of a support slot. Sure, +aoe is good and all, but there are more useful things.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10267 on: June 10, 2022, 06:44:48 pm »

Cleared the debt.

Also, attaching a demo charge to a class II reactor makes for some mighty fine fireworks. And yes, doing that was actually involved in clearing the debt.

EDIT: Finally worked through the conversation minigame to complete the first step of the main quest. Helps that my sect leader started with an absurd social skill even before I added the Hedonist trait at start, which is pretty much required to get information out of people. Also helps that one of the three people I needed to talk to was home when I finally had the information confront them.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 07:18:34 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10268 on: June 17, 2022, 08:16:38 pm »

EDIT: Finally worked through the conversation minigame to complete the first step of the main quest. Helps that my sect leader started with an absurd social skill even before I added the Hedonist trait at start, which is pretty much required to get information out of people. Also helps that one of the three people I needed to talk to was home when I finally had the information confront them.

You're doing the main quest in ACS? My deepest condolences.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #10269 on: June 27, 2022, 03:07:42 pm »

Short-lived own in Battlefield 3. My kingdom for a box!  >:(
Of course, jerkass squadmate only spawned on me as sniper and wouldn't give me any ammo.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10270 on: June 27, 2022, 06:06:10 pm »

I downloaded Tour de France 2021 as part of Sonys new PlayStation Plus shit, and as is my wont in sports games, I was immediately drawn to the “create an athlete in the sport and play their career” mode.

This also meant I had to create a cycling team for some reason, and one of the shirts had a sponsor or something called Magma on the back, so I created the Bay12 Racing Team.

I also won the World Championship in my second season in what was the most boring race imaginable, but the game offers a fast forward feature which was used extensively to make a 280km race a bit more bearable.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10271 on: June 27, 2022, 07:33:20 pm »

I pushed off half a horde of zombies off a cliff at once, using the fire blasts of Dragon's Fury. And got out of it alive.

The bridge was narrow and had no railings, sure. But they did fall because of me and had to recross the parkour again to get to us, that is what counts.

I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10272 on: June 29, 2022, 01:26:13 pm »

I got into the College of Winterhold by sneaking through the Midden Dark and the Midden.

The hardest parts were actually entering Midden Dark, as it is on top of a clif, and killing the Frost Wraith in Midden.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10273 on: July 09, 2022, 11:34:28 am »

I got into the College of Winterhold by sneaking through the Midden Dark and the Midden.

The hardest parts were actually entering Midden Dark, as it is on top of a clif, and killing the Frost Wraith in Midden.

What happens to the College questline in this case? Does it just skip the entrance initiation? Can you, as a rogue character, just sneak into the College, and then everyone just assumes you're supposed to be there and you end up as Archmage?

Quickedit: This would make the "By right of cleverness. I am Master of the College of Winterhold." dialogue option in Sovngarde at the bridge possibly the most hilarious dialogue option in ES history.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 11:36:36 am by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10274 on: July 09, 2022, 02:10:19 pm »

In all the various times I've played this game, I don't think I've ever cleared the Fire Cavern with the 10-minute time limit. Beat it in less than five; Ifrit took only about a minute. Not counting the couple of hits before hand, probably could have one-shot him with Renzokuken, which was boosted via a strength junction of 100 Water spells, meaning a +20 to strength which started the game at 8.

Pages: 1 ... 683 684 [685] 686 687 ... 708