Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1275529 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #10275 on: July 12, 2022, 04:32:30 pm »

Completed all the Work (essentially allows the player to replay the side-scrolling shooting segments) missions on Hard.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10276 on: July 15, 2022, 08:41:15 am »

I got into the College of Winterhold by sneaking through the Midden Dark and the Midden.

The hardest parts were actually entering Midden Dark, as it is on top of a clif, and killing the Frost Wraith in Midden.

What happens to the College questline in this case? Does it just skip the entrance initiation? Can you, as a rogue character, just sneak into the College, and then everyone just assumes you're supposed to be there and you end up as Archmage?

Quickedit: This would make the "By right of cleverness. I am Master of the College of Winterhold." dialogue option in Sovngarde at the bridge possibly the most hilarious dialogue option in ES history.
I can't skip the bridge part of the quest. They all treat me like a student, but Mirabelle does not show me around, and Tolfdir did not start his lesson yet.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #10277 on: July 15, 2022, 08:53:41 am »

Cleared my first TCL (and endgame dungeon) and got all the sweet loot and mutagens out!
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10278 on: July 19, 2022, 04:23:49 pm »

Full star, beat the demon king. Ended up slowing it down to .1 speed by the end of it, but... still. Frumple can sudoku now, if not very quickly. Frumple has escaped sudoku hell.

E: Okay, no, now
for comparison, a hell board starts off looking like
Spoiler: this (click to show/hide)

frumple can sudoku now. frumple is free from sudoku hell
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 12:34:23 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10279 on: July 21, 2022, 06:48:22 am »

Went back to the run I was playing about a year ago. After doing a few quests, I went back to what caused me to stop playing: that Drake in the Devilfire Grove. That one that's always there from the beginning of the game despite being a very late-game boss fight.

Killed it. Took my entire stock of healing items, including a Salubrious Brew I was holding onto for emergencies - which it kinda was, being knocked down to near-zero health, and not wanting to risk holding out for one of my pawns to cast High Anodyne since the Drake was on his last health bar.

EDIT: Found every Badge of Vows. All 100, minus the dozen or so that require the endgame or the quest leading up to the endgame. Most difficult were #77, which requires using a barrel or three, and #99, which would have been almost impossible if I hadn't handed a Throwblast to my main pawn earlier.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 08:12:51 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10280 on: July 27, 2022, 02:47:08 am »

My good streak began with the second battle with Almyrans at Fódlan's throat. I had no advantage of having flying units because I tarained Claude and Leonie in other classes and forgot to switch. I did have plenty of archers though, because I knew Almyrans love their wyverns.
Things got a bit frantic when the first wave of reinforcements arrived, but I've sent a few people, most importantly Holst and Shamir, to defend the stronghold. When Shahid started running like a little bitch, I gave chase as Chaz. I had enough kills, and I was short on time. Even thogh I had a weapon advantage, I expected a tough fight that would cost me the S rating, but lo and behold, Shahid went down ridiculously fast.

The next chapter I've done all battle with S rating first try, that includes the Ignatz/Raphael/Lorenz paralogue.
In the Ailell battle I managed to kick some Knight of Seiros asses, recruit the best waifus (Hapi and Constance), and of coursw finish on time.

Now I'm repeating previous battles for S rating across the board (and also money and exp).

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10281 on: July 27, 2022, 12:18:54 pm »

Replaying through Baldurs Gate to scratch my DnD itch, as I have no group to play with because reasons.

Dwarven Cleric, Chaotic good.

Totally chaotic party of Kivan, Coran, Neera, and Garrick - oh, and Imoen as I just *like* her.

We literally lay waste to everything and everyone who opposes us all the way to the undercity. A combination of chant, haste, and a wild mage ripping reality asunder is just joyous.
This is a blank sig.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10282 on: July 31, 2022, 05:23:39 pm »

Defeated the Dark Bishop and his pet dragon. Lost one of my hired pawns early in the fight, probably petrified(instantly Rifting them) when I was too busy knocking out the dragon. The Bishop revived the dragon, then fused with it. One or two High Comestion spells directly under its chest are enough to kill it(far quicker than a normal Cursed Dragon), and if the Bishop is possessing it, it knocks him down for a long while. Long enough to hit him with a Maelstrom(taking off a lot of his health) and get another one charged as he was getting up.

Did this a second time. Was very low on stamina when casting the last Maelstrom, leaving me exhausted when it fired. At the exact moment, the Bishop dropped two Exequy spells at my location(he can cast four at once, I think), and I was unable to move. Before they hit, my Maelstrom killed him.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10283 on: August 04, 2022, 02:56:31 pm »

Picked it up on a whim a few hours ago and still have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, but... It lets me design custom troop types to recruit, from the equipment and cultures that are available.

And the available equipment and cultures just happens to include "heavily armored orcs dual-wielding giant burning maces while riding an angry bear".

So I opted for that.

Baldurs Gate

Ahh man, that's the good stuff... I remember trying to get a multiplayer party together with some other forumites way back in the way back, via hamachi. ...we managed to all connect and move around a little bit, and then everyone left and we never managed to coordinate another session.

So, the authentic true-to-life D&D experience :P

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10284 on: August 04, 2022, 04:21:52 pm »

We have a thread for wizards and warlords around here, somewhere. It's pretty neat.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10285 on: August 04, 2022, 11:17:21 pm »

I'm posting something second-hand from many years ago, because I talked to a friend's partner about this a few weeks back so the memory's come back into my head.

Playing SS13 on the Bay12 server. I think I was captain and we had a cult running amok. They'd turned a significant portion of the crew, so me and the HoS were running around trying to suppress it, culminating in us trying to interrogate some suspected cultists (Alas, the number one suspect turned out to be a random innocent who lost his sight to the screwdriver the HoS had been using as an interrogation tool)

Little did we know, the cultists had access to a small arsenal and a mining mech.

They staged a breakin. They drilled through the doors into the bridge and stormed the place, successfully rescuing their brothers-in-Nar'Sie despite our best efforts. I was woefully unrobust, so I wasn't of much use, but the HoS proceeded to go on a cult-chase. They chased them down to the escape bay, where outgunned and outnumbered, they got chucked into space with neither oxygen nor spacesuit.

I knew I was screwed, I couldn't fight for shit and the one person I could 100% trust was sucking hard vacuum. I had a showdown with some cultists in the hallway, only surviving by liberal-and-inaccurate use of my captain's laser (Set to stun), my armour, and the AI locking doors behind me so I could run from the sword-wielding cultists. I got back to the bridge...

And found the head of security. Apparently she'd got spaced and decided she wasn't dying. At all. Under any circumstance. She went into a fight heavily outnumbered, lost, got thrown to the void, and the void decided she was too spicy and spat her back out.

Sadly I don't recall what happened for the rest of that round. I don't remember who won, but I think it was the cult. Still, that HoS was amazing. I think it might have been Hanspanda playing them.

There was also the time when I first joined Baystation12 (The serious RP server that's not really affiliated with the forums any more) during a Welder round. Normal traitor round, but the admins remove the traitors, create an unkillable admin-controlled PC wearing a welding mask with admin powers who goes around turning the station into a horror film. Not something I'd ever encountered before. I joined halfway through, most of the crew was dead, lights were out, comms were down, everything had gone to shit. Being the smart fellow I am, I went to the nearest locker, grabbed a large O2 tank just in case atmo went to shit, and set about working out what the hell was going on.

The Welder found me. I tried to run, but he grabbed me and teleported me into one of the atmo chambers so I was completely isolated. He started fucking monologuing at me like some B-movie villain.

Failing to realise the futility of the situation, I proceeded to yank the O2 tank out of my backpack and set about myself with it. Halfway through the monologue, the tank connected with the Welder's head and knocked him unconscious. Turns out the code had a chance of knocking someone out if you hit them on the head with a large tank, and while he was immortal, the Welder sure as shit wasn't unknockaboutable. I proceeded to beat his unconscious body until he teleported away and I escaped using some tools I'd gathered earlier. Welder came back and finished the job later, but still, I found an immortal entity and proceeded to bash him unconsious. If I remember correctly, I'd bashed his face in so badly it had actually become unrecognisable.

At the end of the round, the admin playing the Welder actually congratulated me on managing to better him by using the most brute-force method applicable.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10286 on: August 05, 2022, 04:18:55 am »

Ahh, SS13... I remember a round ages ago on the lowpop TGstation server where I spawned in as a mid-round antagonist along with a couple other mooks. Specifically, space pirates.

I had spawned in as the head honcho, one Captain Laserfish, and set about trying to figure out what the heck this role actually entailed... And how our tiny little ship even worked.

My swabbies were a pair of scabrous curs, and while I was trying to work out the primitive combustion generator of our ship so we could have power, one of them simply yoinked one of the suits and fucked off into space while the other snuck up behind me and decided to try and murder me for literally no reason other than I said that we should wait before assaulting the station. He got the drop on me and wrapped his bony fingers around my neck, throttling the life out of me as I lay there helpless.

...however, I noticed that I didn't appear to be passing out as quickly as usual. I did a quick self-inspect, and noticed a minor detail we'd all managed to miss. Namely, we were both skeletons. We didn't breathe.

I realized this, but he apparently hadn't yet. I decided to play along and mimed gasping for air a couple times, waiting an appropriate amount of time before using the highly useful "feign death" emote, going limp and "lifeless" in his hands... He held on for a bit longer and then, finally satisfied with his traitorous handiwork, stood up and scoffed "Heh. Nerd." at my motionless body before turning around and starting to fiddle with some of the equipment.

Which I decided was the appropriate time to stand back up and bean him over the head with a toolbox. I got a couple lucky hits in thanks to his slow reactions, what with his shock at my lack of dead-ness, and he was soon flat on the floor trying to choke out things like "Wait", "Stop", and other such empty platitudes... Once I'd incapacitated him, I decided to make sure the deed was done (considering I'd just discovered my own resilience, I figured I shouldn't take any chances). Since I'd already managed to rework some of the piping so the engine could actually work by this point I shoved his body into the combustion chamber, closed the door, and flipped the ignition switch.

The chamber roared into life with swirling flames, charring his bones to blackened soot while I looked on through the door. "I don't be abidin' mutineers on my ship", I sneered.

With that problem out of the way, and with some actual power generation going, I decided it was time to start trying to be a pirate. I was now captain of a crew of one, so it was going to be tricky... I'd have to be sneaky about it.

Now, as a pirate, I was supposed to acquire booty... The most direct and straightforward way of doing so was the credit siphon that would automatically drain cash from the station's digital account. However, I knew that doing so would alert the entire crew to the fact that there were pirates about, and unless Cargo had decided to be industrious for some reason there probably wasn't much money to drain from there anyway.

So I did things the old-fashioned way. Parked my ship a reasonable distance outside the shuttle bay, flew over, bonked my way through one of the windows (that area regularly gets vented anyways, so not actually that suspicious), and simply walked halfway down the hallway to where the ORM was conveniently located, neatly dismantled it, and simply stuffed all the gold, diamonds, and other assorted goodies into a crate that I then flew back out into space with. With the chest safely back on board the ship, I'd already completed the value objective thanks to the generally massive amount of goodies the busy little miners had dropped off.

I could've just sat back and coated my ribcage with rum for the rest of the map and still been "successful". ...buuuuut where's the fun in that? It didn't look like the round was winding down any time soon, and I knew the mid-round antagonists had been spawned in thanks to the admin feeling a bit bored with how peaceful everything was going. So why not keep going?

So I went live. I tuned into the station's comm channels and started going full Arr Yaharr, threatening mayhem and bloodshed if they didn't surrender their valuables to the one, the only, Dread Pirate Captain Laserfish! As expected, most people were completely unenthused/unimpressed with my theatrics, except for the one validhunter who started openly salivating at the thought of free kills... But in his overexuberance, he managed to get himself dealt with before ever finding me, as Sec apparently wasn't too thrilled with him breaking into the armory so he could go pirate hunting.

With no booty payments forthcoming, I leveled a dire curse against those foolish stationlubbers... And set out for a raid.

Now, I'm not a particularly bloodthirsty player generally... Dying is generally pretty lame and boring, so I'd rather not inflict that on someone if I don't have to. But a bit of property damage, terror, and light maiming? That's just good fun! ...unfortunately, I'm actually terribly unrobust most of the time, and while I did manage to spook a couple people and get some good "Yarr!"s in, I promptly got myself captured by the detective and I think the HoP. Strangely, they decided to toss me into a cell to unlive out the rest of my days rather than just smushing me on the spot... Apparently they wanted to show how they were better than filthy, uncivilized pirates.

Alas, it seemed the saga of Laserfish had come to a rather abrupt and embarrassing end... I'm generally not in the brig that often, and as such am completely clueless in the arts of escaping. And with a lifetime (unlifetime?) sentence, they weren't exactly going to just let me out anytime soon. And I'd have to listen to the detective showing up every so often and telling me the poor choices I'd made in life, and how crime never pays.

...that is, of course, if I were a lesser man. A man who was not Dread Pirate Captain Laserfish.

I waited until the detective was out of sight, then slipped out of the handcuffs that'd been left on me. I hid them on my person so there wouldn't just be this huge conspicuous sprite lying around, and then went over to the thematic cot in the corner, and laid down.

This placed me under the bedsheet that'd been provided, neatly concealing the fact that I was no longer cuffed. Then I just lay there motionless, and waited for a chance. A hope.

...and, finally, it came. The detective, apparently wondering if I'd just gone AFK or fully logged out, tried talking to me through the cell door. When I didn't respond, he let himself in and came over to prod me a bit. At this, I leapt to my feet and pulled off the luckiest disarm attempts I've ever had, managing to knock him down just as he'd pulled his baton out. I snatched the baton, gave him a few solid cracks on the noggin, and yoinked his card and comms before leaving him (most likely to perish, sadly) in the cell. I also disguised myself in his coat and hat, and used the current state of chaos in the station as cover while I grabbed whatever loose loot I could find and skedaddled out of there back to my ship. The emergency shuttle had already been called at this point, so there was more than enough chaos to go around.

I sat back comfortably on my ship, splashing rum on my bones and puffing on a cigar... I still had all the booty, having accumulated far more wealth than my objective even called for, along with some of the "bonus treasures" such as the station's parrot. As the survivors shuffled onto the shuttle, I sent one last triumphant broadcast over the station comms:

"Ye shall always remember this day, as the day ye *almost* caught Captain Laserfish!"

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10287 on: August 05, 2022, 11:44:30 am »

I think I've heard there's a SS13 remake being made, and this time it will probably actually get finished, unlike a lot of remakes.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10288 on: August 05, 2022, 07:16:22 pm »

I think I've heard there's a SS13 remake being made, and this time it will probably actually get finished, unlike a lot of remakes.
Couple, I think.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10289 on: August 06, 2022, 09:18:11 pm »

Was probably overleveled - which does *not* make the game easier, but in fact harder - so the Tri-Faces in Galbadia Garden had Flare. Stocked up on it, gives a great boost to Strength when junctioned.

Also had a ton of Chef's Knives from getting Tonberry earlier than probably expected(you can as soon as you can pilot the Garden), and they refine into 30 AP Ammo(Irvine's second-best ammo) each.

Two bullets were enough to drop Edea. I fired a third to make sure. If only he had that the first time he took a shot at her.

Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 708