Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274525 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #10290 on: August 07, 2022, 11:04:11 pm »

There's something immensely satisfying about finally killing the motherfucking fleet after ten restarts that's been absolutely pounding you in the arse.

Starsector
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10291 on: August 09, 2022, 06:28:42 pm »

In the particular community gamemode I played, there is only badwater as the map choice. So, you know the drill. If the opposing them rolls soldier or demoman, you are pretty much trapped inside that fucking hole in the ground since the enemy team will spam their explosives on you from above.

But since pyro has airblast, those rockets and bombs can very well be their own doom.

They rolled soldier, we rolled pyro. I reflected a crit rocket back and killed 5 people in one hit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #10292 on: August 11, 2022, 07:57:14 pm »

Finally beat the game solo for the first time. Did so as the Commando.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10293 on: August 12, 2022, 03:16:50 pm »

Finally got the card I've trying for the past few days. Even better, I pulled off a Same->Combo that flipped almost the entire board in one go, leaving the final score at 7-3.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10294 on: August 16, 2022, 11:31:00 pm »

A scorchlander walked unarmed and alone into the fortress of okran's shield. Several days later, he stumbled out trailing dozens of bodies and carrying the high paladin commander of the fortress on his shoulder and started the long trip back which would end with a cell for the commander, and a fat bounty payout for the scorchlander.

Actually it's less impressive than it sounds, and was only possible because of stupid AI and some ah... interesting game design choices. Specifically: I walked in, was dogpiled by dozens of guards and immediately dodge-locked (can never attack because endless dodge animations). Some careful micromanagement later to string the enemies out, I got a few attacks off which killed a few enemies and crippled many more but eventually they managed to chip my health down and knock me out. Which is where the stupidity comes in. What do they do? Throw me in a jail cell, which I immediately break out of. I punch a few more guys to death before they bring me down again... and stick me back in the cell. Repeat until all enemies are dead.

See, in order to die, you need to bleed out, or they take a critical body part to -100. With a high enough toughness, you don't really bleed anymore - it would take something like an in-game week to actually die, and you take so little damage per hit you won't ever hit -100 unless you keep fighting at like -90 for some reason. The questionably design decision is that the AI won't ever (and in fact can't) attack you when you're down to execute you, all they can do is stick you in a cell or make you a slave and they don't even take your equipment when they do it. Which means with high enough toughness, you are effectively immortal and can just keep escaping over and over again and kill a few guys each time no matter how out-matched you are.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10295 on: August 16, 2022, 11:51:41 pm »

Ah, the Heat Signature incarceration system.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10296 on: August 17, 2022, 08:31:23 am »

Nah, at least in Heat Signature they throw you out an airlock into space. This is usually fatal within seconds, but your character can hold their breath for a long time and also apparently cannot be killed by bullets.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10297 on: August 17, 2022, 12:12:41 pm »

Holding your breath in the vacuum would actually make your death substantially faster, assuming you could even manage it. The increased pressure inside your body would effectively explode your lungs and then pop your chest cavity and, well, it'd be a big mess.

You really want to breathe all the air out of your lungs and then get re-pressurized really, really quickly.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10298 on: August 17, 2022, 12:41:10 pm »

Point is, the player characters in Heat Signature can survive something like 30 seconds of vacuum. Other people tend to die in 5-10 seconds tops.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10299 on: August 18, 2022, 03:47:49 am »

Maybe everybody else holds their breath, and that's why they die so quickly.

Your characted exhales instead, and thanks to that they get that 0.5 minute of consciousness.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10300 on: August 18, 2022, 10:17:01 am »

They might also be wearing a spacesuit which gets perforated every time they get shot, and that’s why you lose 6 seconds of space time every time you get shot.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10301 on: August 18, 2022, 11:11:48 am »

Maybe everybody else holds their breath, and that's why they die so quickly.

Your characted exhales instead, and thanks to that they get that 0.5 minute of consciousness.
It's even weirder.  Non-PCs aren't holding their breath because they are instantly unconscious upon leaving the ship.  I used to theorize that this was done by the silicon-based lifeforms we call "windows", but after extensive ethical experimentation I think it's space ghosts.  Fortunately yet tragically these ghosts are exclusively from our side - evidence that faction employees do not have souls (plus the Glitchers for OBVIOUS reasons).

Space is thick with these ghosts.  Whenever a ship is breached there is an instant before the anti-ghost-barriers activate, and the ghosts are ready.  They grab any items and people they can, yanking them out into the nebula.  Enemies are inervated into unconsciousness (especially Defenders!), we are awoken (though not stabilized), and the ghosts even relay any scattered items to our next destination.  So considerate!

Some say this is the void mother but that's stupid, nobody's seen the void mother.  We've all seen the ghosts on Space Halloween.  Poor things.  Please try to act like they're not there, they *really* want to be stealthy but... well obviously they failed at least once.

"Explosive decompression" is just bad sci-fi, air doesn't work that way.  It's space ghosts.
- Void Mother
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10302 on: August 18, 2022, 11:52:26 am »

Hellpoint,

After doing a lot of axion grinding in a world polarized to level 2 (the more polarized a world is, the (lot) more axion you'll get from defeating enemies, but everything become also much harder and resilient to staggering), i recessed the world back to level 1 and went to fight the 2nd (there's no order, it's just the 2nd on the order i decided to go for my kill list) cosmic horror deity of the game, "Undisturbed Defas Nemundis".

For this i had my Archon Spear that has been amazing constantly since i crafted it after getting the blueprint from an Archon Knight miniboss(+ the conductor i attached to it was after my grinding at a good level so its damage was even higher), and because i had read how good this weapon was against very large enemies : the Channeler of Hell that i had grinded completely to enable its last power that can summon several pillar of fire in a line, making some kind of firewall that deals constant fire damage to an enemy.
And large enemies are then hurt by a lot of those pillars at the same time.

Additionally Nemundis does not move much, he's meditating and only sometime float around (his attacks are done by his spirit/soul that comes out of his body) and barely moving large enemies are going to get hurt a -very- lot by pillars.

So this way it was surprisingly very easy (good i didn't forgot to recess the world, as i guess in a polarized one it would have been very different :D), ran around to avoid the nasty strikes and death rays but with Nemundis burning and my Archon spear poking hard it was a victory for my character.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 12:02:39 pm by Robsoie »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #10303 on: August 18, 2022, 08:46:24 pm »

Nah, at least in Heat Signature they throw you out an airlock into space. This is usually fatal within seconds, but your character can hold their breath for a long time and also apparently cannot be killed by bullets.

They totally can be killed by bullets if they get shot enough times or have the Frail trait.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10304 on: August 19, 2022, 04:39:00 am »

Sallied forth from Bridgefort to break the crusader siege. Cast cloudkill using Neera from the drawbridge. This kills 80% of the 25 or so attackers outright, and incapacitates the rest, who are then easily picked off with ranged weapons. A combination of an overpowered spell and buffed wild mage made a joke of a set piece battle.

This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 708