Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1275130 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #10395 on: January 09, 2023, 12:26:42 pm »

Probably doesn't count since it's an idler.

Took a couple days on the first run: took Fairies as the tutorial pushes you to(it's free the first round, other races are not), got to around 500 quadrillion coins per second, plus a bonus of around 70 quintillion every minute and a half or so from a combination of Fairy Chanting(500x from your three basic buildings for 10 seconds, Fairies specialize in boosting their general output), Tax Collection(immediate 30 seconds of income at current rate), then furiously clicking for the remainder of Chanting's duration. It took a while just to get enough mana storage for that combo, as the Fairies only ways to improve magic really suck. Eventually decided the run was done when I had 100k gems banked and abdicated. Each gem provides a 2% bonus to income, and the next bit of content is unlocked at 1 billion.

Next run, took Angels, and because of the 100k gems, got roughly back to where I was... in about 15 minutes. Angels specialize in magic. Enough that I'm autocasting Call to Arms(increase all buildings' production based on total number of buildings for 20 seconds) and God's Hand(all buildings gain (120*mana regen rate) for 30 seconds), and still gaining mana. Then, when my mana gets full(takes about 6 minutes), I fire Holy Light which increases clicking gain by 1750% for 15 seconds and seems to affect passive gain(possibly due to assistants acting as auto-clickers, and which Angels have a lack of). Then I set Tax Collection to auto-cast, which as an instant spell, fires all of them. At once. Over 200 times. That's nearly 2 hours of (boosted) income.

Granted, I seem to have hit another plateau now, but I've also accrued over 8 million more gems to regain upon abdication. So I guess I'm playing it right.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, fairies are weird, because their bonus goes to the cheapest buildings that have the least production, but they increase the production by quite a bit. At several points, they're the best. Although I do like angels for quick mana gain (and dislike dislike the factions with slow mana gain). You'll soon be getting multiple reincarnations per day, just trying to get e5 or e10 more gems (you gain them slower the more you have) than you had before so you can abdicate and gain a bunch more.

There's also an option in the settings that lets you change to scientific notation. I'm not sure why idle games like using words nobody knows for large numbers, which also ends up with stupid things like 137.2 Qi money. That's not a concept anyone understands, and you're not avoiding decimals.

I've been playing a lot as well. Except right now I'm on something that requires casting a particular spell 100 times without abdicating. It lasts 10 minutes (unless you foolishly increase how long it lasts). Not a huge deal, I'm also hoping to try for an artifact that requires at least 24 hours offline, and has an x in 864,000 percent chance of finding it, where x is seconds offline this reincarnation. 1% chance is 10 days in a row offline, so I'll be looking at around a 0.15% chance, and maybe a few thousand tries. I've been playing since the end of the Halloween special event, so I'm a bit further than you, though.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: January 13, 2023, 08:56:27 pm »

Finished the main story. It took 55.5 hours. The credit reel at the end was nearly an hour long, and for some reason apparently ended with the EULAs of basically every software that Rockstar uses in their office. I don't even understand the reason for that kind of padding. It wasn't even like there was a big number song that was trying to finish.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: January 14, 2023, 01:59:48 am »

I got a revolver. Given I hadn't had one for hours and had done a fair bit of scavenging, this meant I *also* had a shitload of bullets.

I still have plenty, but that's a downgrade from a shitload. The wolf population has been demolished, and it'll take them some time to get back up. In the meantime, I have plenty of wolf meat, hides and guts. And some deer got dealt with too.

The Long Dark
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: January 15, 2023, 06:12:18 am »

Pulled in my biggest haul yet, about $246k. Plus got the Blue Gold achievement, which requires collecting and processing 5000kg of beryllium, which is the least common mineral, that only has a few hundred kg per nugget, and will always yeet itself away when the rock that contains it is broken open.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: January 17, 2023, 02:39:35 pm »

I'm managing to maintain the balance of power in the sector through sheer gun running.

Every time the Hegemony invades a place, I swap out what I'm doing for smuggling. Supplies, marines and heavy armaments absolutely flood the black market to the extent that Volturn managed to succeed in rebelling despite two suppression fleets and a relief fleet coming in.

Of course, this pisses off the Hegemony but I can just do some bounty hunting to get them happy with me again.

The ultimate goal is to cripple the Hegemony enough that they can't easily take the whole sector on like they usually do. Any invasions on their worlds are gonna be left alone.

Starsector.

EDIT: Three Legion (XIV)s, a Dominator (XIV) and an Eradicator. Managed to take down my first missile artillery station with that. Surprisingly tough fight.

Starsector.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 10:52:19 pm by Great Order »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10400 on: January 20, 2023, 05:01:41 am »

Cleared my first 6-star Raid. In ONE ATTACK.

Okay there was some setup before the attack and my allies got some hits in first. The opponent was a Flying-type Ditto with Impostor, which immediately copied my Iron Hands. First turn, I cheered for an attack boost while Ditto used Close Combat, second turn Ditto used Electric Terrain(which only helps me) and I used Belly Drum. Third turn, I used Wild Charge, which knocked both out, Ditto being taken out at about 90% HP.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: January 20, 2023, 01:03:27 pm »

Finally managed to fill the screen with so many bullets the game crashed :D

Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #10402 on: January 20, 2023, 02:30:01 pm »

Finished the main story. It took 55.5 hours. The credit reel at the end was nearly an hour long, and for some reason apparently ended with the EULAs of basically every software that Rockstar uses in their office. I don't even understand the reason for that kind of padding. It wasn't even like there was a big number song that was trying to finish.

Was there a skip button?

If the creators or publisher or whoever pulled an AssCreed 3 and made the ending credits unskippable I might just force quit the program and uninstall it once I finish the story.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10403 on: January 20, 2023, 04:32:43 pm »

Was there a skip button?

Probably, almost certainly, but a lot of games do have something if you wait until the credits are done. Deus Ex: Human Revolution, for example, had an achievement and bonus scene that ties in with the original game, if you sit through the credits.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10404 on: January 20, 2023, 04:50:03 pm »

Huh, missed this which is odd, I loved RDR2's story. The sort-of ending was beautiful, especially since I finished on high honour. Wish I could do it all again without hindsight.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10405 on: January 20, 2023, 08:20:19 pm »

Got in the middle of a family feud. The ever-present Romeo and Juliet schtick, of course, except this time it's Lolio and Yuriette, and I can no longer tell if this game is a parody or not. Running into the opening villain talking about leveling up from beating me doesn't help.

Careful striking put me in a position to pull off a 20-something chain strip, removing all be three foes, out of at least twelve. Unfortunately, the three survivors took my pants and destroyed my hat. Got my pants back after the fight, and picked up a plastic baseball bat better than my magazine, but my hat was gone. The money I got from the sidequest was exactly enough to buy a pair of decent headphones to replace the hat.

Huh, missed this which is odd, I loved RDR2's story. The sort-of ending was beautiful, especially since I finished on high honour. Wish I could do it all again without hindsight.

I was talking about the post-epilogue credits. The main game credits may have been much shorter but I think I did skip those. And yes, the high-honor end was great.
Spoiler: I definitely did (click to show/hide)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10406 on: January 20, 2023, 08:43:05 pm »

I stranded several VIPs on rooftops near their destinations.  They did frustrated little dances but paid the fare.

I directed a police car into a fire, causing a traffic jam and then got paid to resolve both situations.

I rescued someone dangling from a rooftop and dropped them off on a higher rooftop.  They kept dinging my score for the rest of the map, but they did pay.

I had two cop cars constantly dispatched to follow me pointlessly until I accidentally came across a robber. They eventually got the robber, but not before he generated a lucrative medivac mission for me. Jerk tried to shoot me too  >:(

I quickly and efficiently put out several fires, ignoring the "call fire department option".  I get paid more this way~  And letting the fires spread doesn't increase the pay, so I did the job well.

I'm almost to the riot missions I think.  I can't wait to deliver cops to those!  They have parachutes right?  Yeah, surely.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10407 on: January 23, 2023, 09:12:18 pm »

Doing a high-tech run this time, and I started with a Scarab.

Took me a bit to get used to it and make a decent build (the default autobuild is crap, I've done two ion cannons in the front-facing turrets, IR pulse lasers in the other three front turrets, and two PD lasers in the back for missiles), but I've managed to take out a fleet of derelicts with just the Scarab now that I know how to use it properly.

Starsector

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10408 on: January 24, 2023, 05:10:57 pm »

I stranded several VIPs on rooftops near their destinations.  They did frustrated little dances but paid the fare.

I directed a police car into a fire, causing a traffic jam and then got paid to resolve both situations.

I rescued someone dangling from a rooftop and dropped them off on a higher rooftop.  They kept dinging my score for the rest of the map, but they did pay.

I had two cop cars constantly dispatched to follow me pointlessly until I accidentally came across a robber. They eventually got the robber, but not before he generated a lucrative medivac mission for me. Jerk tried to shoot me too  >:(

I quickly and efficiently put out several fires, ignoring the "call fire department option".  I get paid more this way~  And letting the fires spread doesn't increase the pay, so I did the job well.

I'm almost to the riot missions I think.  I can't wait to deliver cops to those!  They have parachutes right?  Yeah, surely.

You're my hero. I gotta get that!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10409 on: January 24, 2023, 05:57:03 pm »

I think it holds up surprisingly well!
I eventually gave up on dispatching cop cars to my location/searchlight.  Even when the suspect is near a road (they spawn in the wilderness too) the cops are very unreliable about getting out to pursue.  Instead I just collect them off their precint roofs and land very close, then patiently hold the spotlight on the suspect long enough for the cop to figure out what to do.

That's mostly how medics work too, except the medic AI is pretty good at finding patients around corners.  Technically you can find and load up the patients yourself but the medics are useful for their ESP... and supposedly they help patients survive longer in the chopper.

I'm near the final levels and I'll occasionally "warn protesters to leave" for some points, but the game doesn't force me to firehose or tear-gas them.  Sometimes only law-enforcement missions will be available, so I have to handhold the cops, but protests can be ignored with little penalty. 
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 708