Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1260128 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #10410 on: January 24, 2023, 06:53:18 pm »

Managed a Tier 3 Golden Core for the first time, with True Sun cultivator. Season was bad and would not be good for months, and I had not acquired any of kind of Max Qi-boosters; Earth Flux, Ganoderma, Red Ginseng, none of that.

The cultivator started out slightly off because her Luck was a bit low, which was fixed by skills within the True Sun tree that boost stats. I built a cultivation room around a giant gingko tree, surrounded by spiritwood logs. Transcribed the other starting Laws and learned all the Qi- and stat-boosting skills. Ate a spirit stone and the starting Forming Pill, and used the Divinity Mind talisman to get mental state as high as possible. Even then, I did not expect a Tier 3 core; I was going for a Tier 4, and kinda expecting a 5.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10411 on: January 25, 2023, 07:06:58 am »

Plugged a USB port in on the first try, in what is a obvious contradiction of how its supposed to work. Lets go!
Managed a Tier 3 Golden Core for the first time, with True Sun cultivator. Season was bad and would not be good for months, and I had not acquired any of kind of Max Qi-boosters; Earth Flux, Ganoderma, Red Ginseng, none of that.

The cultivator started out slightly off because her Luck was a bit low, which was fixed by skills within the True Sun tree that boost stats. I built a cultivation room around a giant gingko tree, surrounded by spiritwood logs. Transcribed the other starting Laws and learned all the Qi- and stat-boosting skills. Ate a spirit stone and the starting Forming Pill, and used the Divinity Mind talisman to get mental state as high as possible. Even then, I did not expect a Tier 3 core; I was going for a Tier 4, and kinda expecting a 5.

Think its about time for me to give this game another run.
Some overpowered mods+optimization stuff+Wudang DLC stuff that I haven't given a go yet thats totally worth a try.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10412 on: January 26, 2023, 04:46:58 am »

Lost almost every single ship in my fleet taking on a railgun artillery station, but I took it out and recovered everything bar one Scarab.

Not usually a win, but I'm running with Derelict Operations. The more D-Mods I stack, the cheaper ships are to deploy and the less maintenance supplies they use. Since I've had most of my fleet destroyed and recovered they're now riddled with the things so I can field a larger fleet.

And in the same system as that artillery station was a pristine nanoforge, the first one I've found in literal real life months.

Starsector

EDIT: And I found another pristine nanoforge.

I'm finding almost bugger else in useful colony items (Loads that I rarely ever use that Industrial Evolution adds), just a biofactory embryo and a combat drone replicator, but hey, two whole pristine forges!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 07:09:59 am by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10413 on: January 26, 2023, 10:58:08 pm »

Finally put the time in to beat Furi.
Took me 6 years since I ended up stopping playing a few times, but its a very solid good game throughout.

Still more to do, of course, I could try the next difficulty up or speedrun or try for S-rankings, but I think for now I'll just mark it on my "games completed in 2023" list and move on.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10414 on: January 27, 2023, 06:36:42 am »

Fleet composition: 1 Astral, 2 Auroras, 2 Furys, 2 Scarabs, 2 Shrikes, 1 Apogee and my new crown jewel, 1 Paragon.

I can consistently take down Remnants and artillery stations with relative ease and minimal losses. I'm only at ~180/240 of my deployment points too, and that's with the Paragon and Astral both having no D-Mods to reduce their deployment costs.

I don't think I've felt this powerful with a fleet before. It's especially fun just sailing the Paragon (The LGS Panic At The Disco, on account of it being a "Disco Ball" build) into the middle of a swarm of destroyers and frigates and watching the lances, high intensity lasers, graviton beams and tactical lasers tear through everything.

Starsector
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10415 on: January 28, 2023, 12:14:15 am »

Finally put the time in to beat Furi.
Took me 6 years since I ended up stopping playing a few times, but its a very solid good game throughout.

Still more to do, of course, I could try the next difficulty up or speedrun or try for S-rankings, but I think for now I'll just mark it on my "games completed in 2023" list and move on.
This got me to go back and finish the Onnamusha DLC.  I feel like it's a little harder, but generally less than Furier.  It might even have advantages if I fully utilize the flexibility.

I wanted to see if the end was different with a female Rider.
I also wanted to take the obedient path, but... following my favorite The Edge, and especially following The Beat, I couldn't.  I couldn't do that.

"You've changed, Rider."
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10416 on: January 28, 2023, 08:23:55 pm »

Accept contract to smuggle 620 units of drugs.

Complete contract, get paid 105,000 credits.

Buy 620 recently smuggled drugs for 95,000 credits.

Take 620 drugs elsewhere, sell them for 370,000 credits.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10417 on: January 29, 2023, 12:31:10 am »

Was able to beat Roy Jones Jr using Paulie Malignaggi. This boxing game allows you to make fights between boxers with two weight classes worth of difference, so I was able to fight light heavyweight Roy Jones using a welterweight Paulie.

It took 11 rounds of constant body punches and avoiding knockout inducing shots by the skin of my teeth, but I eventually reduced Jones' stamina to the point of being able to rock him. Had to knock him down like 5 times before he eventually couldn't get up.

To put this in perspective, this is Roy Jones. And this is Paulie Malignaggi. Game does a reasonably good job of simulating their relative strength, weight difference and overall athletic ability. I was on the edge of my seat trying to cheese out this superior opponent.

Fight Night Round 4
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10418 on: January 29, 2023, 03:01:44 am »

I recall putting my created boxer who was in the smallest weight class up against Muhammad Ali in one of those games. I managed to go to the last round before getting knocked down, but by that point my boxer was knackered and I couldn’t get the images of the ref together and got counted out.

There was an easy way to cheese the game though, I think you could constantly do this weird ducking/weaving move that didn’t use much stamina, and counter punches did extra damage, so if your opponent happened to throw a punch while you were doing that, you could take them down right quick.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10419 on: January 30, 2023, 11:11:45 am »

One of my best kills yet. Threw a sword at a guy, the handle hit him in the face hard enough to send him flying backwards with the sword going further ahead. I TK-grabbed the sword and jerked it back towards me, where it nailed him, mid-air, through the chest.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10420 on: January 30, 2023, 11:30:33 am »

I recall putting my created boxer who was in the smallest weight class up against Muhammad Ali in one of those games. I managed to go to the last round before getting knocked down, but by that point my boxer was knackered and I couldn’t get the images of the ref together and got counted out.

There was an easy way to cheese the game though, I think you could constantly do this weird ducking/weaving move that didn’t use much stamina, and counter punches did extra damage, so if your opponent happened to throw a punch while you were doing that, you could take them down right quick.

Ali!  I have the Heroclix figure they made of him, it was a Convention Exclusive set of the comic where he boxed Superman.

Played versus Sweden level 2, as the spirits Thunderspeaker and Eyes Watch from Trees.  Thunderspeaker takes the form of a human avatar to lead the natives in battle, while Eyes is a spoopy defense spirit built around counterattacks, as any defense it forms draws in natives to mount a counter offensive.  Sweden can convert lone natives to its side as towns, has worse consequences if it does massive damage in battle (meaning you shouldn't just write off "lost cause" lands to blight), and starts with an extra city.

The combo ended up quite powerful.  By turn two or three I pull off two big victories in the ravage phase, then Thunderspeaker shifts a couple natives over and wipes a third land with their innate power and Manifest, which leaves the entire northern board entirely clear of cities and towns.

The rest was just blocking further builds and destroying the remaining coastline with another ravage win and a tsunami.

Spirit Island
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10421 on: January 31, 2023, 08:56:37 pm »

Figured out how to stop the game using like 40% of my GPU power while its just chilling doing nothing in the main menu.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10422 on: February 01, 2023, 01:21:56 pm »

... and for the audience that might be interested in how to do that...?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10423 on: February 01, 2023, 02:38:30 pm »

And also does it work for stopping Read Dead Redemption 2 from using 200% of the CPU power of every PC on earth to do anything in-game?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10424 on: February 01, 2023, 08:54:34 pm »

... and for the audience that might be interested in how to do that...?
There are couple of different ways actually.

Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 708