Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1296623 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1410 on: May 04, 2013, 01:39:38 pm »

Oh man, that sounds awesome. Why did it have to be a mobile game? >_<
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 01:41:27 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: May 04, 2013, 01:50:08 pm »

They are coming out with a PC version soon afaik, and the only drawback of it being a mobile game is 1) Right now it's iOS only and 2) It's a little hard to select things when stuff is getting cramped.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1412 on: May 04, 2013, 02:08:00 pm »

113 allied skeletons?
Oh Temple to Krypta.. How I love you so. <3
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: May 04, 2013, 04:37:34 pm »

113 allied skeletons?
Oh Temple to Krypta.. How I love you so. <3

That game is BADASS. I love the Temple to Krypta and the one to Fervus. "Animal? Undead? I own it."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: May 04, 2013, 04:48:52 pm »

Having played through the campaign once (on Normal), I decided, "Yeah, I'm totally ready for online play now".

First ground map? I go 33-12 K/D, with a score of 93, higher than anyone else on the (64) player server. Not sure if getting a hero 3 times in a match is normal or not.

First space map? Top kill/death both times I fly Interceptor-class ships, top score when I fly bomber the whole match.

The game's on sale, so I can only assume there are a lot of inexperienced players. Still, I'm pretty happy with my results today.  :)

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: May 04, 2013, 11:07:03 pm »

10 The Core, on both AIs. Hybrids and Advanced Hybrids, Zenith Trader, Broken/Botnet Golem/Spirecraft Hard/Fallen Spire 10/10, 2x waves, avenger, hybrids/advanced hybrids/astro trains 10/10, no wave warnings, cross-planet waves, nuclear command. Had a friend playing as a champion.

We took the first two planets without much trouble. The next planet had...well, two command station guard posts, two Ion I's, an Ion IV, and steadily got reinforcements.

The reinforcements just kept on coming. It got to the point where there were literally six thousand enemy ships on that one planet.

EMP warhead after EMP warhead were thrown in, and eventually the command station fell.

The nuke that followed vaporized everything that remains. Except the hybrids, but they just ran.

EDIT: Another own - 15 minute survival, two 10/10 The Core, on an X map, everything that can give an exo-wave set up at 10/10.

Won.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 12:39:25 am by HFS »

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: May 05, 2013, 03:27:06 pm »

I'm flying my plane to the island that has the airstrip, I press the wrong button, and I completely lose control right as I'm begining to circle around it.  I quickly hit the abort button, and the command pod seperates from the main body of the plane.  The parachute then proceeds to fail at around 400 meters.  I quickly go EVA, and jump at about 200 meters.  I activate the jetpack, which is just enough to prevent the Kerbal from dying as he hits the side of a hill. 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 07:22:31 pm by Lightningfalcon »
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: May 06, 2013, 06:35:34 pm »

Heard some noise on the other side of a door. Figure it'll be nothing: it's a motherflipping bear. The bear starts tearing me to shreds, so I light a molotov and throw it into the middle of the room. The bear is confused, I run pat the flames into the bathroom. But there's no window! So I run back through into the now burning living room and dive out the window there and few second later the whole house is engulfed in a vast explosion of flames and splintering wood and nails. I'm still bleeding out from the bear so I smash my way into seven different houses leaving a bloody trail before I finally find something I can use to patch myself up with. I am frankly shocked I managed to survive.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: May 06, 2013, 06:37:29 pm »

Cataclysm?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: May 06, 2013, 08:11:16 pm »

Cata-bears-will-spawn-in-your-bedroom-clysm.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: May 06, 2013, 11:10:31 pm »

Took on two treeguards at once and lived. I was armed with nothing more than spears and log armor, facing two of the toughest boss beasts at once and lived. The ent-wannabes killed my two pigmen neighbours, the jerks.

One of the buggers followed me back into my base and we had a desperate struggle to kill the other before nightfall. Dark came and I hardly managed to get a fire going after scrabbling to light a torch and stop the dark from strangling me to death.

...and I'm still alive. Come at me game. I've got a shadow manipulator now, I've got ze magicks!

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: May 07, 2013, 12:19:55 pm »

Without cheats of any kind, I got the crystal cruiser in FTL: faster than light.

I've been trying to get it for about 6 frikkin months!

There are CHEATS for FTL?!
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: May 07, 2013, 08:52:59 pm »

Found some guy's likely-hacked-in base full of rare shit and walked away with as much as I could carry.

I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: May 08, 2013, 08:31:21 am »

Not sure if you can call a victory an *ownage* when you did it using a ton of hacked-in funds and Shook's Large Pile O' Stuff, but it's still pretty goddamn awesome.

To the left is where more enemies spawn in Dummy Assault, and the big area is some sort of drop-zone that I started using and fortified using turrets and AA turrets. Suddenly, a lot of enemies spawned and my defenses kinda failed. So I spammed the area with drop mines and kep stacking on drop mines until I breached the floor with  rocklets and drop crates full of them. They were starting to lag so bad I made a drop crate with a lot of enormous bombs and nuked the entire area.

After that, I got to the enemy brain but lost my gun to the last turret. So I spawned a guy with a zero-division rifle on top of one of the towers and shot downwards until I got the turret and made holes large enough for other troops to go down in. The zero-division rifle pretty much fires a narrow cone of utter death, which is why it's usefull for this kind of stuff. After some more struggles and bloating bomb airstrikes, I finally got that motherfucking brain.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: May 09, 2013, 06:27:22 am »

Went toe-to-toe with a vampire lord. Managed to take him down pretty handily despite him being decked out in full daedric. My partner was pretty much just a meatshield, and she went down after a few seconds.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 709