Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1296728 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1725 on: September 08, 2013, 02:48:08 am »

And somehow I play krieg better when I'm drunk. Gearbox are my friends.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: September 13, 2013, 11:40:11 am »

Two half-destroyed destroyers going up against two fresh and shiny enemy destroyers. Both enemy destroyers shot down without any further damage to mine.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: September 13, 2013, 07:38:59 pm »

+10.00 GRADE creaming Sylph with no casualties before visiting the Tower of Salvation.

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: September 15, 2013, 05:20:12 pm »

I killed all three enemy healers with a single attack from a chieftain.  In a league game no less.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: September 15, 2013, 05:35:12 pm »

Defeated Beelzebub without a single death and he even spammed me with Megidolaon 2 turns in a row the bastard.

"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: September 15, 2013, 06:27:29 pm »

I beat Fable: The Lost Chapters a third time as a good-aligned character. This time was the hardest of the three times I beat it because I ran out of will potions halfway through the last battle and I have a heavy dependency on Slow Time. Still won the last battle though.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: September 16, 2013, 12:31:15 am »

Legio II Apollinaris is my most decorated army. They are the Conquerors. The other armies defend, and occasionally opportunistically assault weak, close by settlements. Legio II is the army that breaks citadels, tramples enemy armies, and serves as the Sword of Rome. I sent them to Carthage, from Lilybaeum. As I began the port assault to take Carthage, I realized their ships would block my only passage into their city, and I would be trapped outside their walls fruitlessly. So I retreated, ending up in the middle of the ocean. I pulled Classis II Ferata back to cover my fleet of transports, and Carthage sent The Chosen of Mago to take Lilybaeum, which they did, easily stomping the garrison force into dirt.

Legio II Apollinaris sieged the city of Lilybaeum for the second time in five turns, and stormed the streets in force. A large army of mainly hoplites opposed them, though the enemy General and his Elephant bodyguard did cause some concern. The battle starts, and they somehow have a garrison of peasants, in addition to their near-equal military force, but their true military forces, including General, are to my left flank, protecting the port from the advancing Classis II Ferata fleet. The mob of peasants, some peltasts, and three Hoplite units are directly in front of my army.

The charge is sounded. We collided with their forces, and cast them to ruin. My force splits in two, and comes to rest on two sides of a four way intersection, like this:

Code: [Select]

__|  |__
RR    __
  |RR|

The enemy charges my Hastati, the southernmost pair of Rs, and their general is cut down by a wall of javelins. Their hoplites slam into my Hastati, and the fighting begins in earnest. And then, my Triarii, the western pair of Rs, charge into the Hoplite's flank, shattering their morale and routing them from the field.

The price of trifling with Rome is great indeed.

Rome Total War II
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: September 16, 2013, 01:10:15 am »

SuperHot, no death run with this playing in the background.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: September 16, 2013, 10:46:19 am »

SuperHot, no death run
Are you a wizard?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: September 16, 2013, 02:39:15 pm »

I built a guard tower in that safely lets me rain death upon legions of zombies and demon eyes without endangering myself. Needless to say they came to the wrong neighborhood.

Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: September 16, 2013, 05:28:46 pm »

SuperHot, no death run
Are you a wizard?
My first run had me die only twice. Both on the level with that hallway and the three guys at the end of it.
A huge amount of my deaths were on that level. One of the most annoying was the first one, where I accidentally let a wire or sleeve or something rest on my trackpad, and the game decided to try and look everywhere at once, passing what must have been a few years of time in under a second.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: September 16, 2013, 07:17:45 pm »

I cheated death. I was supposed to give Charon 94% of my gold, but I only gave him 1 gold piece! Hahahahahaha!

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: September 16, 2013, 09:32:35 pm »

My Raptors committed to a rather foolish suicide assault at the beginning of the battle, and their loss and the loss of two Chosen from a stray Plasma Cannon shell did not bode well for the rest of the battle. My assault faltered, and I fell back into the caves, readying myself for the counterattack. Ahriman and his brethren of four Marines with Bolters, and his Equerry with Banner and Plasma Pistol, swept to cover the right flank the dying Raptors had left unpreserved. A pack of Assault Marines dropped in behind Ahriman, but they were right next to a large group of Cultists with Autoguns in addition to Ahriman and his bodyguard. They managed to kill two of Ahriman's brethren, but the Cultists killed one with sheer weight of fire. Then, Ahriman and his brethren killed another in the shooting phase. Ahriman and his kin rushed, and slaughtered the remaining three Marines in hand to hand combat. The enemy deep-striked Terminators into the center passage of the complex, so I had my Helbrute retreat around a corner, and my Chosen waited the opportune moment. My few remaining close combat cultists, most wiped out in a scrap with Marines on the left flank, charged up to the Terminators and blasted at them fruitlessly with their autopistols, then did not assault.

The Terminators and several other units of Marines blasted the poor Cultists into scraps of flesh and bone, and advanced into the caves. My trap sprung, with the remaining ranged Cultists charging into one side of the left flank of advancing Marines, and one of my Chosen squads slamming into the other with my Chaos Lord. In the center, a squad of Chosen with power axes, fists, and other assorted nastiness slammed into the Terminators head on, while the Helbrute thundered into their flank. Ahriman and his one remaining brother unloaded upon the Plasma Cannon Marine and his three brothers, then charged into hand to hand, defeating one but losing their lives in the fray.

The right flank is wide open, and the left flank is embroiled in a tense, difficult battled between my outnumbered but better armed Chosen, and their huge mass of bolter Marines. In the center, my Chosen slaughter half the Terminators in a single assault phase, and the Helbrute kills another. I lose two Chosen but the fight continues. They advance up the right flank, forcing an encirclement. On the left flank, a pair of my Chosen are brought low, bringing the Meltagunner and the one brother with a bolter into combat. The Chaos Lord kills three, and the next wave of Marines assault him, dealing a wound.

The next turn, my Helbrute kills another Terminator, and is assaulted by the Company Master and his retinue. Fortunately, they are not well armed enough to defeat him. My three remaining Axe Chosen kill the normal Terminator, and deal two wounds to the Chapter Master, who kills one. They take my right flank, and charge my axe chosen from behind with two biker Marines while the Plasma Cannon Marine and his two Marines continue across, trying to attack the left flank. Curiously enough, my Cultists do very well in hand to hand combat with the Marines, and the Chaos Lord does also, though his retinue dies to a man. Suddenly, my left flank is winning, the Chaos Lord single-handedly wiping out an entire Tactical Squad in hand to hand, and the Cultists managing to down a Librarian and two Marines through lucky rolls. In the center, my Axe Chosen have killed their Chapter Master and one Biker, but lost a brother. The Helbrute has killed a Marine in his combat, but it's mostly stalemated. They are still trying to flank with the Plasma Cannon unit.

The final turn comes, and my Chaos Lord kills the last couple Marines before him, and the Cultists lose a few men, but finish off the last marine in the unit facing THEM. Their Plasma Cannon unit levels and fires at my Cultists, killing several. The unit panics and runs. My Axe Chosen kill the last biker, and the Helbrute kills two Marines, dropping the Company Master's unit to one Marine and the Company Master himself. My opponent surveys the situation, and declares defeat. I insist we finish the battle, but he believes it will only be a mop up. He is correct. With my Chaos Lord close to the Plasma Cannon unit, he would charge into melee and more than likely kill them all by himself. The Axe Chosen in the center would be able to advance and support the Helbrute in wiping out the last of the Company Master's retinue, and I still had a couple cultists.

But by the Dark Gods, it was close. So very close.

Warhammer 40,000 Tabletop
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: September 25, 2013, 08:31:33 am »

Went to go save some other survivors in a besiege mission with a fairly fresh survivor.  Decided to bring Marcus along, who is pretty strong by now... since he is the first character you get.  Marcus decided to 'leave' as soon as the mission started... but, he was stopped outside by the besieging zombies.  I go outside to help him, since he is drawing most of the zombies to him.  Normally, I would not fight the zombies outside, since there are way too many...  and a Big Un nearly always shows up.  Them bastards are not to be trifled with, cause they can literally rip you in half.

We both go around kicking zombie ass and I even had to throw a molotov on Marcus since he thankfully managed to attract most of the zombies and the Big Un.  It was kinda desperate, trying to kill the Big Un before it decided to rip up Marcus, while also avoiding it when it turned on me and killing the random zombies threatening to swarm Marcus and I.  But, we wrapped it up safely, with Marcus limping back home and the Besiege mission completed successfully as I cleaned up the lone straggler smacking at the barricaded windows that the other survivors were constantly repairing.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: September 28, 2013, 06:51:49 am »

Beat Framing Frames on Overkill(hardest difficulty) in PAYDAY 2.

Solo.

And that means /without/ AI.

Stealthed the whole thing. I had more trouble with day 2 than days 1 and 3 put together, somehow, which kind of reduces the ownage but that mission is ABSURDLY DIFFICULT and stealthing it is practically miracles.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 709