Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1296679 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2085 on: January 05, 2014, 01:40:48 pm »

Majora

>:(
Lol dnt u thnk Zelda is so kawaii in his green outfit. I mentnd it specially in my yaoi Zelda/BDZ fanfix lol.
what in the ten fucks?
If you couldn't tell by the spelling, the joke was that I was getting things wrong about the LoZ. Mistaking Link for being called Zelda is apparently a pretty common one?
Very common, and I don't get why people get so upset about it.  If you've never played the game before its a generally safe assumption that the hero would be named in the title. Especially when the game isn't particularly story heavy. Its like calling Samus Metroid, if you've never played or heard of the game before why should you know a Metroid is a parasite at the very end of the game?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: January 05, 2014, 07:33:25 pm »

I've noticed that the Dragon Age Origins glitch I mentioned earlier has made me significantly more cocky in my roleplaying, making me a tad disliked in some of my companion's eyes. However, I don't need to care, as I just oneshotted a goddamned Ogre.

Dragon Age: Origins, with the severely overpowered glitch. I have 100 in every stat except for Strength, which is around -900 or something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #2087 on: January 05, 2014, 11:26:52 pm »

Spent about 5 hours playing IL-2 Sturmovik the other day on the Spits vs 109s server, and actually shot lots of people down (6 + 1 shared!) and made it back to base almost every single time. And I never actually died - always managed to ditch in the waters close to shore or eject in time. Most of this was over the Channel, in Spitfires versus 109s and 190s.

And a couple of weeks before that I actually got some pot-shots from a Corsair into two Georges and shot them down, then made it back, in the Zekes vs Wildcats server.

And before that, me and another guy on Teamspeak with Avengers shot down an enemy George in a dogfight. Avengers are so badass! Also, the enemy pilot kept stalling his plane.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: January 05, 2014, 11:34:41 pm »

It has come to this.

I face Legate Lanius this day. I have heard stories that he is an unstoppable monster in hand to hand combat. A titan upon the battlefield. Seven feet tall, more powerful than any man has a right to be. With the mighty Blade of the East.

I destroy his men, fighting my way into his camp, my army of Securitrons decimating his forces with ease. I reach him, alone. We face each other one on one. I with the Blade of the West and my Advanced Riot Gear. Him with his Blade of the East and the Legate's Armor. Battle begins. I block his swipe, and slam him with the Mauler attack. He flies through the air and rolls down the hill behind him. I jump after him, catching him as he stands unsteadily at the edge of a fence, still on the hill. I hit him again, and he tumbles off the fence and into the camp. I drop down next to him, and slash again and again.

After a long moment, I realize he's been dead for awhile and that his Praetorians are surrounding me, battering me with Ballistic Fists and shooting me with Marksmen Carbines. I butcher them all in an instant, and move to exit the camp, when a blinding flash stuns me.

General Oliver and four NCR Veteran Rangers storm through the breach. We have a... Pleasant discussion, and I order my Securitrons to sterilize the area of NCR. I slash General Oliver once, and he goes flying forty feet into the air, over the fence of the Legate's camp, dead.

Holy shit, I am a bad motherfucker.

Fallout New Vegas
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: January 06, 2014, 12:48:18 am »

Saved the day with the power of music, and then was coronated! I beat the game!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: January 06, 2014, 01:33:05 am »

If you've done all that you may as well grab the Zweihander and cheese the entire game, :P

Way ahead of you, man. I already got it, and the Estoc, which is proving very nice, even nicer than the Drake Sword. I also killed the Titanite Demon or whatever he is just down the stairs from the first blacksmith, and reinforced the Estoc to +3.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: January 06, 2014, 12:07:23 pm »

Took down the last castle own by the Black Cathedral. Was held by nearly 100 Defensers de Deus. Only fought about half a dozen of them since we rushed the walls and ended the battle before more could spawn.

Majora

>:(
Lol dnt u thnk Zelda is so kawaii in his green outfit. I mentnd it specially in my yaoi Zelda/BDZ fanfix lol.
what in the ten fucks?
If you couldn't tell by the spelling, the joke was that I was getting things wrong about the LoZ. Mistaking Link for being called Zelda is apparently a pretty common one?
I still don't get the reason for Facekillz' angryface, but as for the mistake of calling Link "Zelda" is probably due to the code in the original Legend of Zelda.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: January 06, 2014, 12:21:36 pm »

Oh wait, I realized something. I forgot about the entire latter 7/8 of the final boss in that game.
I was about to go on a rant about how you fought Skull Kid and not Majora, but then a small door to some forgotten knowledge hit me in the face.
So yeah, go ahead and stone me, or whatever. I have it coming, :P
On that note though, what/who the hell IS Majora? I don't seem to recall it being explained at all in game.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: January 06, 2014, 12:23:16 pm »

Managed to smash my way through a Glitch castle with a combination of bombs, red stimpacks, and a weapon with plenty of reach and knockback.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: January 06, 2014, 12:37:24 pm »

Oh wait, I realized something. I forgot about the entire latter 7/8 of the final boss in that game.
I was about to go on a rant about how you fought Skull Kid and not Majora, but then a small door to some forgotten knowledge hit me in the face.
On that note though, what/who the hell IS Majora? I don't seem to recall it being explained at all in game.
Apparently, this is Majora:
A sorta non-canon manga in which Majora was a man-eating monster.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: January 06, 2014, 12:43:42 pm »

Nuked all of Ghandi's (not the real one) cities. He should never have attacked me.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: January 06, 2014, 01:09:06 pm »

Nuked all of Ghandi's (not the real one) cities. He should never have attacked me.

Are you trying to say "Now whose words are BACKED BY NUCLEAR WEAPONS? Chump."?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: January 06, 2014, 01:29:28 pm »

Are you trying to say "Now whose words are BACKED BY NUCLEAR WEAPONS? Chump."?
Pretty much...especially since I am the only one who has uranium.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: January 06, 2014, 09:25:09 pm »

Apparently, this is Majora:
A sorta non-canon manga in which Majora was a man-eating monster.

Majora is mentioned once or twice as being an 'ancient evil' that was sealed inside that mask by a shaman, possibly a dragon of some variety, possibly just a huge beast.

Whatever it is, its power is high enough to be a match for the deities of Termina.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: January 07, 2014, 05:47:12 pm »

Majora is mentioned once or twice as being an 'ancient evil' that was sealed inside that mask by a shaman, possibly a dragon of some variety, possibly just a huge beast.

Whatever it is, its power is high enough to be a match for the deities of Termina.

Yeah the game never really explains what Majora is.  There are some great theories about the game, but other than saying the mask was initially owned by a "nameless tribe," and that "the tribe used the wicked power of Majora's Mask in hexing rituals," there's no real explanation.

I'd totally go into a giant paragraph that was rambling pieces of theories all stuck together with scotch tape, but I'll stay more to the theme of the thread.

It's not exactly owning in a video game, but pretty recently I found my old gameboy color version of Pokemon Silver.  Thing had been missing for years, and suddenly I find it while looking for another game.  Great feeling, especially when I remembered that I had a shiny Scyther on it.

Otherwise the closest thing I've been to owning is that I've been playing this Tower Defense game that I forget the name of, beaten most every stage without letting even a single enemy pass through (I'll find out the name of the game later and post it, it's on Steam right now).

EDIT: The name of the Tower Defense is Kingdom Rush.  Pretty simple and cartoony but it's still a tower defense.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 06:39:48 pm by Karkov »
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 709