Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1296761 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4170 on: April 01, 2015, 02:07:23 pm »

My wingmen are fucking useless. I took out all 9 TIE Fighters with my X-Wing, while the other 2 were gallivanting the local space, all within a window of 5 minutes.

Star Wars: X-Wing (DOS)

X-Wing Historical Mission 4, I think

EDIT:
After playing Tie Fighter and X-Wing Alliance, the interface downgrade to such levels really made it challenging (especially being reduced to such low resolutions in general). Couldn't tell if I was being targeted, can't tell exactly how badly damaged my targets were, and the low resolution made the targeting computer my only real means of determining how much in front of me they really were from a distance. The rest was just keeping track of the red blips on the upper-left and -right parts of the screen to keep an eye on their location. In fact, that helped me the most when clearing out a minefield in another mission. Might I remind you that XvT and XWA have the bounding boxes, and X-Wing and Tie Fighter don't. You have to trust your gut (and the occasional green-boxing) that you're gonna hit your target. Not to forget, X-Wing doesn't have the match-speeds function (Enter button) that Tie Fighter has, which really made tailing my targets a challenge in itself. Gave the keyboard a good workout.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 02:23:25 pm by Itnetlolor »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: April 01, 2015, 05:02:02 pm »

Turn in for +45. Everyone stops in disbelief.
This is exactly why when we play Risk we give 6, 8, 10, or 12 troops based on what cards you turn in instead of just having a constantly incrementing amount (6, 8, and 10 for three infantry, horsemen, or cannons respectively, with 12 for 2 + a wild). It stops the ridiculousness of "and now I turn in my set of 3 cards for 120 troops" (which we actually had happen before in one of our risk games; it was a rather turtle-y game :P) and means that it's almost always better to turn in your cards immediately instead of wanting to wait for someone else to turn in first so you get more troops.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: April 02, 2015, 11:21:25 am »

Shot down the UFO Carrier. Too bad the campaign ended at this point.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Despite having forewarned about the events to come, I knew something was up when the Goddess of Mercy, Love, and Healing started hitting on me. Actually, I figured something may have been up when she was willing to bury her city in toxic volcanic ash to score up some belief. Anyway, when everything fell apart, I managed to defeat her before she overcame my godmode(note: godmode is not 100% effective at keeping you immortal), and walked out of the fight with two of the most badass-looking swords ever, plus a full set of the best medium armor I've ever seen. Shame you can't dual-wield them.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: April 02, 2015, 02:01:44 pm »

The two Hueys touch down at the primary LZ, and my four rangers jump out. They run from the LZ as fast as they can, knowing Charlie will come investigate. Not long after they get into the jungle, the Hueys dust off, and the rangers start to slow down, sneaking carefully through the jungle. One of them spots a VC not far away, and, after a few moments, drops him with a shot from his M16. The shot rings out through the jungle, and the rangers freeze. Almost instantly, a torrent of fire comes out of the jungle, and the rangers take cover behind the rocks.

A horde of VC appear out of the jungle one by one, and the rangers mow them down with their M16s. No matter how many they kill, another one takes their place, and the rangers begin to run low on ammo. Hoke runs out first, and switches to his 1911, while the radioman next to him hunkers down, switching between channels quickly. No Cobras in the area, no Spooky, no Fast Air, not even artillery! The radioman puts his radio down, watching the blinking battery light, and picks up his M16, firing at the VC. At the other boulder, the two other rangers have run out of ammo, and begin desperately tossing grenades, trying to hold back the VC for a few more moments. The radioman finally runs out of ammo, and prepares himself to die. Then, he hears something over the radio.

Cobra in the AO. He quickly gets on the radio, calling for support, and hands a smoke grenade to Hoke, telling him to toss it towards the VC. The Cobra pilot responds to his request, telling them to pop a smoke and hang in there for 30 seconds. The rangers continue firing with the few .45 bullets they have left, and just when the radioman's last bullet is exhausted, they hear the rotors of an attack chopper. The Cobra pulls up, and begins pouring rockets into the jungle around them, clearing out the VC. The rangers marvel at the sight, but the radioman is busy, calling for a Huey to come pick them up while the Cobra covers them. Within 40 seconds, a Huey lands at the LZ, and the 4 rangers run to the Huey, jumping on board. Just as the Huey takes off, the Cobra runs out of rockets, and pulls off, heading home. Hoke looks at the radioman, and laughs.

"The general's going to murder us for screwing this up, isn't he?"

A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: April 02, 2015, 10:44:30 pm »

When I somehow managed to score a Sawk, I knew I was in for a good time. The Sawk, nicknamed Lord Payne, swept Lenore's gym without taking a single point of damage. The one time an enemy pokemon got a damaging attack off, it missed.

Pokemon White version, nuzlocking.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: April 03, 2015, 04:37:20 am »

Sawk and Throh are pretty much disc one nuke pokemon - Lenore's gym is Normal, and Fighting over the course of the story is very good. Quite a few of N's final team and i think 5/6 of Ghetsis' team are weak to Fighting.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: April 04, 2015, 04:46:43 am »

On my first run with the engineer I made it to the final level, survived for 45 minutes, reached HAHAHAHAHAHA difficulty, and collected a total of 32 items. I died to the first boss in the final level, but hey, this went way further than my previous best run with a tanky enforcer.

Gameplay basically could be summed up with explosions and missiles everywhere.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: April 04, 2015, 05:20:18 am »

Using the ridiculusly broken and OP alchemy I proceed to become an invincible, invisible, faster than light murder-machine and wreck everything.

I then 1hit-KO-d Gaenor.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4178 on: April 04, 2015, 01:42:42 pm »

Simple recon mission. Ended up taking out 2 entire squadrons of TIEs (Fighters and Interceptors) total; even after completing my mission, I took on another squadron when I could have hypered-out long ago. Entirely solo 1v6 per waves of I's and F's. Total count: 18 Fighters, 12 Interceptors (30 total, 2 ships short of 2 whole squadrons), with a lone A-Wing. I don't think recon missions require taking out a bunch of ships, or basically a total mook massacre; but what the hell.

In a previous mission, I also wiped out a squad of 6 bombers in 2 sweeps and less than a minute. Starting attack involved firing 2 missiles and insta-killing 2 bombers head-on, one bugged out and I bagged it in seconds, fired 2 more missiles at the other 2 still in formation from behind, and one last one was softened up while I was taking out the duo, and finished them off. Mission completed not a moment later.

Star Wars: X-Wing

It's a mook horror show when I'm in the battlefield. I average 1-2 minutes per-squad of up to 6 ships at a time, solo vs simultaneously; and generally takes me 2-4 well-placed shots (6-8 if they evade a bunch) to take each of them out, even with shields.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 02:58:41 pm by Itnetlolor »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: April 04, 2015, 01:55:04 pm »

Playing Silent Storm Gold (sentinels) a friend bought me.

Mission 3. Saving a friendly from Thors hammer.

I find the guy and TH reinforcements spawn in. By that time i have a "snipers" ready on nearby windows and took them into a crossfire.
The last enemy soldier on the street fired a full burst at my main character in the window. The shot provoked a "misfire" that hit him either in the neck or upper torso killing him.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: April 04, 2015, 02:41:33 pm »

Going off to loot a crashed raider with the following team:

A LCPL Sniper w/ medikit and smoke grenade (wielding SR)
A LCPL Gunner w/medikit and battlescanner (Van Doorn, wielding SAW)
A SPEC Infantry w/ BS and Illuminator Gunsight
A SPEC Scout w/ BS and smoke (wielding marksman rifle)
A rookie w/ BS and smoke
A rookie w/ smoke and medikit

I found contact (three thin men) on turn one with a battlescanner, and initiated battle on turn two by blowing one away with my sniper (who immediately earned a promotion to become my first corporal). Immediately upon ending them, I found a group of three floaters sitting around right in front of me, blocked from line of sight by a log. As I'm setting up to trigger them "properly" (squadsight sniper one-hit-kill), a pack of four sectoids path into me from the direction of the thin mens' bodies. They die swiftly, and the floaters somehow activate from their obstructed position (I don't know either). Lots of bullets later, one's dead and the other two are both at 1hp and get killed by my infantry (sidenote: I love the Illuminator Gunsight so hard - 90+% killshots vs. both of them in midair). Immediately, four more floaters wander in from the same direction as the first three. Two of them die within a turn, and the other two take the nope train to Fuckitville (then come back to be devoured by my infantry). All's well and good, all I can hear is the outsiders (or rather, can't hear - outsiders are the only aliens that are silent), so I can assault the UFO itself and tear them apart. I start moving up to breach the door (I had been holed up by a corner), when I find out that the outsiders are right in that corner! Whoops! One of them immediately gets flanked twice and murdered, and the other gets suppressed, then decides to run for it anyway (getting crit for 8 damage in the process - too bad they regen). I move my sniper up (more on this later), and get ready for everyone else to blitz the outsider next turn. It comes back from whatever hole it crawled into inside the UFO, and critically wounds my exposed sniper (whoops, I guess that spot wasn't actually cover!). Then he gets mowed down.

Total injuries:
CPL Herrera (Sniper): Critically wounded (25 days)

Total kills:
3 thin men (two sniped, one one-shotted by Van Doorn's overwatch)
4 sectoids (I don't even remember)
7 floaters (one sniped, four executed, the others... eh.)
2 outsiders (one killed by each of my rookies).

Loot:
All the non-outsider corpses
5 meld (from the floaters, no doubt - I didn't collect any)
3 UFO flight computers
a bunch of elerium
a bunch of alien alloys
some damaged stuff that I sold off

Just another eventful day for MeXiCOM.

(X-COM: Long War mod)

And then I got my first ever terror mission.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: April 04, 2015, 02:45:05 pm »

If your sniper is wounded, you're not doing it right.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: April 04, 2015, 02:58:12 pm »

Played a low-oil map against a guy who obviously thought that he would win. I start off researching but don't expand much because I assumed that scavs were on. Unfortunately, they were off and so he started building MG towers near my base. I went along the cannon research line, but I built almost nothing because my opponent had taken most of the oil. I periodically raided his defenses and forced him to spend money on rebuilding, but I didn't make any progress for a while. Then I got rail guns and started doing enough damage to his buildings to push him back. Until now I'd barely seen his army; it turned out that he had several dozen heavy twin assault gun tanks hidden near his base. My rail guns outranged his MGs, but I had to constantly retreat to stay out of range. Eventually, I was pushed back to my base and my opponent killed all my factories and trucks. At this point, I finally killed his army and had some rail gunners left, so I marched my last few tanks towards his base. Just as I got to the edge of his base, he gave up and left.

Warzone 2100.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: April 05, 2015, 09:45:18 am »

Beat the game. Yay. Finally.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: April 05, 2015, 09:57:51 am »

If your sniper is wounded, you're not doing it right.
If I had been looking from a different angle, my sniper wouldn't have been wounded.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 709