Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274423 times)

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2011, 01:39:53 am »

Sticky jumper air raids with the Caber.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2011, 06:31:33 am »

All my hunts on Monster Hunter Unite (PsP) during the wait for the plane at Sydney Airport, took under 5min, All Captures too. Also finally took down the damn Tigrex there who was pissing me off due to him pinning me against the wall so many times before...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2011, 07:28:09 am »

Played AoD. Soviet Union, I never lost a single soviet province against those pesky Germans. Of course, it was on Normal/Normal, but it's still quite a feat... for me, at least.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2011, 09:34:15 am »

Mount & Blade Warband: Bugged castle caused my troops to get stuck outside, running in circles and getting caught on terrain. Two bags of arrows, a Masterwork Swadian Longbow, and a two hander later, I took out around 40 before running out of arrows, started running around gathering arrows shot at me, and took out another 20 more. Did this three times, cutting the castle down to about 50 total, before having my troops attack without me and suffering 2 casualties.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2011, 01:04:13 pm »

As a giant column, I got the drop on an unsuspecting sniper.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2011, 06:38:08 pm »

II try 2 repaiir the staiirs
[...]
01:34   Darvi   I mean, I try to repair the stairs
[...]
01:35   GlyphGryph   Darvi, roll a construction!
01:35   Darvi   1d6+1
01:35   MrSnakeEyes   Darvi, 1d6+1: 7 [1d6=6]
01:35   Darvi   HELL FUCKING YES
[...]
01:35   Darvi   This is a legendary stairdcase.
01:35   Darvi   It meances with spikes of awesome and is adorned with rings of badassery
[...]
01:36   GlyphGryph   You quickly move to repair the stairs... and then realize you need to get to your room! Screw REPAIRING the stairs, you'll build new ones right uner the gap! You quickly and adeptly fling some tables and chairs into a fairly stable pyramid position
01:36   GlyphGryph   And scale up them to your room
01:36   GlyphGryph   All in under a minute

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2011, 09:53:05 pm »

One of our command posts was being over, so I respawned back at base, grabbed a helicopter and flew it to the CP being taken, tried to crush one of the enemies, missed and landed fairly perfectly inside a building, jumped out, did a nice 180° spin and dropped the guy with a P90. Then, I hopped in a tank, took a shot at the other guy, missed, then drove around the corner where he was hiding, and reduced his position to a smoking black mark on the ground. And both of these guys are supposedly really good.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2011, 11:17:44 am »

I had assasinated my first target and had killed about 30 different people who saw it. 12 of which were guards. I donned an elite guard uniform and hit the naked corpse in a wine mixing vat. I then made my way to the house where the main target lived. Every guard was located in the wine cellar due to all of the commotion, so killing him was easy. The moment I killed him, some guards ran into the room and were shot. I was now in a state where EVERYBODY knows that I'm the assassin. I managed to kill almost every guard and decided to strangle all witnesses.  After that, I found the exit. I hid in the elevator shaft and tried throwing some coins to lure the 2 remaining guards into the elevator. Eventually, I got sick of waiting and decided to throw a mine down there that I promptly detonated. A guard rushed in and was hung by my fibre wire. Another guard rushed in and the same fate awaited him. I then escaped via plane.

I forgot to kill one witness, though. He was quickly silenced through a bribe.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2011, 04:13:06 pm »

Mini-Golf in Minecraft. That just owns.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2011, 06:52:57 pm »

Burned an insane psychopath in an incinerator.
What's the game!?

IT SOUNDS AWESOME!

Technically, he's only insane but he still creeps me out.

Penumbra Overture is the game.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2011, 06:59:20 pm »

Was bored, decided to go straight for a 10TP Naval Artillery. Hilarity(and meat showers) ensued.
It was actually 11-12TP, since the call took so long.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2011, 08:22:56 pm »

Making any progress in SpaceChem from Planet 3 and onward. Being able to beat your previous scores afterward = more ownage.

EDIT:
Made it to world 4 now. And beat 2 of the mustache challenges. Game is getting more complex now. Feeling clever with certain solutions just to merely beat the level makes me feel like I owned the game well enough.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:57:37 pm by Itnetlolor »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2011, 07:33:12 pm »

Took out a tank and a BMP singlehandedly. Had to run around for extra ammo to take out the BMP, which is hard enough if you've just pissed it off by blowing up the tank in front of it. And I managed to shoot it through the door of a ruined house and out the lack of wall on the other side, to a hit on the rear which I suppose hit the fuel tank, since a large KABOOM followed about half a second later(it was a BMP-1, so that makes sense, since the BMP-1 has a *severe* design flaw which puts the fuel tanks on the rear doors).

And then, in the middle of salvaging weapons, an enemy squad surprised me from behind, which my medic handily took out with an SVD, although I got two with the PK I was holding.

stuntaneous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ungodly beard of awesome]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2011, 06:58:05 pm »

On my second day I managed to spot a bear and after an epic battle, kill it. At one point I was chucking every pointy, unequipped item I had at its face. I can't believe I won and survived. I lived off the meat for fricken ages, which was really helpful since I sure as hell didn't and still don't know how to find or make sustainable food normally.

This was Unreal World.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2011, 07:15:14 pm »

After taking out the British, the Byzantines, and the Koreans, I attacked the Turks (played by my friend Billy who was at my house). I, being the Goths, have no walls and so if he attacks first I am pretty screwed because from what I could tell his army was probably huge. I send in my scouts, and find that he can see the entire length of the north eastern front of his defenses. I send 70 Elite Huskarls, 24 Pikemen, and 6 Monks to his north western defense where he only has about 40 troops waiting. His north eastern front has at least 80, with more in reserve most likely. I circumvent his north western defense and attack with the main bulk of my troops in the center of his town, whilst attacking his north eastern troops with my 40 Huskarls sent out on a suicide diversion mission. The diversion (sort of) worked and his town was reduced to crumbling pieces of dust. He sent his calvary to attack my main force and they were decimated by the pikemen. His archers couldn't penetrate my Huskarls armor and I sustained very few losses (about 15 of my entire army) as I decimated his foot troops with my Huskarls.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 708