Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274103 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4575 on: June 17, 2015, 08:27:04 am »

Or you can run up to the hill where the tank destroyer was and drop grenades down onto the infantry clustered below you. Or sneak around the back of the tank and slaughter all of the guards that way. Or you could do what Thexor did, and play on the Forest Skirmish map which doesn't have the boss.

Also, how the heck are you supposed to A rank missions in the game? I've never gotten more than a C so far. Do you have to blitz them extremely quickly?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: June 17, 2015, 09:05:04 am »

It's all turn count, you could capture bases with minimal fighting and still 'A' rank it.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: June 17, 2015, 11:33:47 am »

I see. That would have made things much easier for me. I basically took forever to destroy the medium tank out front, so three scouts essentially killed everything in the base with help from my engineer who snuck on to the bluff to grenade the cap point. When the Boss showed up, I just sighed, because every damn mission takes a billion years and there's always some crazy OP shit goin' on.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: June 17, 2015, 11:55:49 am »

It's all turn count, you could capture bases with minimal fighting and still 'A' rank it.
Yeah, I heard that the best way to A rank everything is just cheese it with scouts.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: June 17, 2015, 12:16:43 pm »

That is like a disapproving parent.

Me: "I killed all the enemy with no losses in an efficient manner!"

Valkaria Chronicles: "D"

Me: "Why won't you looooooooooove meeeeeeeeeee"
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: June 17, 2015, 02:52:06 pm »

Valkyria is all about taking objectives. It's why almost none of the mission objectives include "eliminate foes".
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: June 17, 2015, 03:24:41 pm »

Not completely true, but the vast majority are just 'take this base' items.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: June 17, 2015, 08:41:04 pm »

Ah, that explains many things then. I'm not going to start cheesing things with scouts though. Maybe next playthrough.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: June 17, 2015, 08:45:55 pm »

Valkyria is all about taking objectives. It's why almost none of the mission objectives include "eliminate foes".
Yeah but I like the fights.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: June 17, 2015, 09:19:28 pm »

You also have to clear out enemies surrounding the base before you can capture it. Sometimes, you can do that by dashing a Shocktrooper past everyone else, gunning down the couple of guys near the flag, and capturing it in a single turn.

Of course, if that fails, you're now surrounded by enemies and about to be overwhelmed. And if you turn that last corner and find 7 guys on the point, RIP.

You can also just accept D ranks and take things slow, then play a few Skirmish maps if you're getting under-leveled, falling behind in R&D, or just frustrated with goddamn chapter 7. :D

(Skirmish maps also help you practice high-speed completions. I first realized how you're intended to get high ranks when I narrowly beat the second skirmish map in 3 turns and still only got a B!)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:22:25 pm by Thexor »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: June 17, 2015, 10:31:47 pm »

Elodie the 2nd held a tournament to liven up the kingdom and cheer things up after the recent civil war, in which she obliterated the enemy forces with magic. As she's rewarding the tournament winners in front of an audience, a challenger approaches!

Spoiler: gamelog (click to show/hide)

Bwahahahahahahahahaha! Feels so good to incinerate the bastard that killed my first Elodie with balefire. Feel the power!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: June 17, 2015, 11:36:43 pm »

Elodie the 2nd held a tournament to liven up the kingdom and cheer things up after the recent civil war, in which she obliterated the enemy forces with magic. As she's rewarding the tournament winners in front of an audience, a challenger approaches!

Spoiler: gamelog (click to show/hide)

Bwahahahahahahahahaha! Feels so good to incinerate the bastard that killed my first Elodie with balefire. Feel the power!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What is this game and how do I obtain it.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: June 17, 2015, 11:53:19 pm »

Long Live the Queen.
And I would say buy it. Or mug someone and have them gift it to you on Steam.
...it's on Steam, right?
Black lives matter.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: June 18, 2015, 01:04:58 am »

Long Live the Queen.
...it's on Steam, right?
Yep. On Steam. It was on sale at one point during the summer sale for something like $2.50 USD or something like that. Currently it's 50% off, $5 USD, which is still decent.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: June 18, 2015, 01:25:07 am »

Long Live the Queen.
...it's on Steam, right?
Yep. On Steam. It was on sale at one point during the summer sale for something like $2.50 USD or something like that. Currently it's 50% off, $5 USD, which is still decent.
I got it during that summer sale, and gave up when I kept dying to arrows on the way to that thing. Never enough archery knowledge, man.
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 708