Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1260113 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4590 on: June 18, 2015, 01:54:39 am »

Long Live the Queen.
And I would say buy it. Or mug someone and have them gift it to you on Steam.
...it's on Steam, right?
Yep. On Steam. It was on sale at one point during the summer sale for something like $2.50 USD or something like that. Currently it's 50% off, $5 USD, which is still decent.
I got it during that summer sale, and gave up when I kept dying to arrows on the way to that thing. Never enough archery knowledge, man.
Well you could, just, you know, not go.  Alternatively, you can
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: June 18, 2015, 02:17:16 am »

I figured out the entire first area, totally without a guide. Considering how awful I am at adventure games and how obtuse the puzzles appeared at first, this is considerable ownage for me.

RealMyst.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: June 18, 2015, 09:30:17 pm »

Brunhilde the Dwarf Paladin had enough of the damn trees.

Surrounded on all sides by the woody monsters, they bashed into her armor as she desperately blocked all of her eight attackers from the cardinal directions. Shield and armor bared for strength, her tenacity unmatched. But they would not relent. For even as she cut down one tree with her faithful mithril battle axe, another took it's place. Then another. Then another. There was no end to their leafy tide.

Perhaps if she had not used her Wand of Ball Lightning, this wouldn't have happened. For, although she was expecting a small Area of Effect spell around her self, it quickly managed to anger every damn tree in the forest. With every move at her disposal, she fought back. Wand of Fire. Wand of Wonders. Divine Punishment in the form of lightning. All attempts to fight back failed as she was pushed back into a corner. Thrice she called upon the mighty dwarf god, Morodwyn, and thrice didst thou bind her wounds in golden light. But it was all for naught, for there was nothing she could do against the tide to destroy it.

In a show of desperation, she searched her bag for inspiration. There was contained within, a potion of Invisibility and several bottles of holy water. An idea sprang to mind. With haste, she combined the two drinks into a concoction true and drank it. Aha! Surely, now that trees could not see her, she could slip away unnoticed!

But that did not happen. They continued to attack her, and though she felled many more trees, it was not enough. Then a small bout of luck happened. She began to feel herself pulled away, her teleportation curse activating. "Aha!" She thought. "With that, I can flee back to the entrance and escape this wretched cave!" Oh, but poor girl was wrong! For as soon as she teleported, her zone was blocked and she was pushed to the absolute other corner of the room. Woe! Now she was even more stranded than before. But this time, the trees were blissfully unaware of her presence. Relatively speaking. In spite of her invisibility, they could still sense her.

Brunhilde's indomitable defense was fading. It would not be long now before her soul journeyed into the nether as her body was crushed into plant food. Still, onward she surged forward, sneaking around trees when she could and felling them when she had to. Just a bit further, and she would be free! The trees coordinated one last effort, surrounding her. This was the end. But, there! Off in the distance! The stairwell that led out of the forest! A mere moment after that, her curse of teleportation kicked in. Aha! Now was her chance! Carefully, she placed her marker and with a "puff" found herself at the top of a stairwell leading downwards. She descended rapidly, overjoyed at her freedom as the last of her Potion of Invisibility wore off.

The Dwarves had conquered the Forest!

...Now, if only she could find her way back up safely. Key word, being safely.

BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: June 19, 2015, 01:47:32 am »

Nisha's action skill + Jakobs Sniper Rifle with 4.0 fire rate and 96.7 accuracy + a room of 6 bandits = a room full of 6 dead bandits shot in the head in only a second.

Brunhilde the Dwarf Paladin had enough of the damn trees.

-snip-

Noice. Yeah. Don't use fire spells in the forest, unless you want to aggro the whole forest and wade through a wall of living wood. Dwarven Halls shouldn't be too dangerous. Don't attack anything that's not hostile and find the stairs out as quick as possible. Once you survive the first run through the halls you can just rush from staircase to staircase and probably not meet anything too dangerous. Maybe.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: June 19, 2015, 04:48:06 am »

Decided to start using the flare gun because hey.
Apparently im not half bad with it!

E:
also, the flare gun makes a satisfying "thud" sound when you switch to it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 04:49:54 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: June 19, 2015, 05:29:49 am »

Flare gun is love, flare gun is life.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: June 19, 2015, 05:42:12 am »

Noice. Yeah. Don't use fire spells in the forest, unless you want to aggro the whole forest and wade through a wall of living wood. Dwarven Halls shouldn't be too dangerous. Don't attack anything that's not hostile and find the stairs out as quick as possible. Once you survive the first run through the halls you can just rush from staircase to staircase and probably not meet anything too dangerous. Maybe.

Aye. Unfortunately, they were already pissed when I used the Wand of Ball Lightning. Which was alarming, as I hadn't expected such opposition when they all wanted me dead. At that point, all bets were off, which is why i risked the Wand of Fire.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: June 19, 2015, 08:08:48 am »

Managed to barely save a city from complete fiscal insolvency(~$20k, >$2k monthly deficit)... by turning to the mafia. One mission gave me $70k, which I used, along with massive cuts to various fundings, to expand industry and add some housing. Even after restoring that funding due to strikes from both the police and firemen(then doctors, then teachers), I still turned it around.

Sure, I may now be an accessory to (implied) murder, but now this city has a few dollars profit!

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: June 19, 2015, 04:00:54 pm »

Enemy had 17 health left, and two minions: Molten Giant and High Justice Grimstone. I had 5 whelps, courtesy of Onyxia, and 20 health.

I play Unleash the Hounds, hit face, Bite, hit face, Twisting Nether, Avenging Wrath.

GG.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 04:05:16 pm by HFS »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: June 19, 2015, 06:13:45 pm »

I had a perfect breach set up at the door to the corvette, ready with smoke down, knockout gas grenades ready, there was basically no way that I wouldn't be able to breach and get positioned inside within 1 turn.
As I prepared to start, the commander burst out of the door and ran right into the middle of my setup. He got shut up pretty bad but not lethally, probably because my carbine-equipped soldiers had been deploying smoke so couldn't give reaction fire. The commander then ended up stood next to my shield/scout, so I ordered him to pull out his Cattle Prod of Restful Sleep to beat the commander into submission.

The rest of the mission went smoothly, by the way.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 06:17:40 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: June 19, 2015, 06:17:49 pm »

I had a perfect breach set up at the door to the corvette, ready with smoke down, knockout gas grenades ready, there was basically no way that I wouldn't be able to breach and get positioned inside within 1 turn.
As I prepared to start, the commander burst out of the door and ran right into the middle of my setup. He got shut up pretty bad but not lethally, probably because my carbine-equipped soldiers had been deploying smoke so couldn't give reaction fire. The commander then ended up stood next to my shield/scout, so I ordered him to pull out his Cattle Prod of Restful Sleep to beat the commander into submission.
Missed the game. XCOM: UFO Defense, or similar, right?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: June 19, 2015, 10:25:06 pm »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: June 19, 2015, 10:32:58 pm »

Oh man I remember my first game of DoomRL. I was all like "This is probably balanced like Doom, let's play it on Ultra Violence!"

...I didn't even survive the first level.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: June 19, 2015, 10:51:05 pm »

Turns out this game is allooot easier with the command artifact on. Stacked the everloving crap out of attack speed, crit, and on hit items on the Huntress. Essentially became bow-Christ with the ability to turn arrows in missiles. Pretty sure this was my shortest final boss fight yet according to the in game clock, but all mah missile broke the game and it just kept on getting slower. What was around a 2.5 minute in game fight became half an hour in rl of fighting Providence in ullllllllttrrraaaaaa slloooooooowwwww moooooooooo.

"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: June 20, 2015, 02:56:05 am »

Decided to start using the flare gun because hey.
Apparently im not half bad with it!

E:
also, the flare gun makes a satisfying "thud" sound when you switch to it.

Oh sweet jesus the flares are so useful. Sure you have a tougher time vs other pyros and Chargin' Targe Demomen, but the ability to crit anyone who's on fire is amazing. (If you're really good at controlling Pyro's flames, you can time it so that the brief amount of time that the afterburn immune players are on fire (0.6 seconds I believe) you can hit them with a crit flare despite their afterburn immunity.)

Detonator is good for harassing snipers behind cover, and you can also do a miniature rocket jump with it that propels you a little higher than a crouchjump does.

Scorch Shot does eff all damage, (-50%, so ~15 on hit), but it has knockback and as it falls to the ground can ignite another person. It pairs very well with the Phlogistinator for building up MMMPH, and also is good for annoyance. You're not going to get that delicious flare-punch like you can with the standard Flare Gun though.

Manmelter is a cool idea with a very poor execution. Sure you can put out your teammates to store a guaranteed crit, and sure the projectile is the fastest in the game, tied with Sandman balls, Flying Guillotine cleavers, Crusader's Crossbow bolts and Huntsman arrows, but the reality is that the delay before you can fire totally kills the weapon, and the passive reload is incredibly slow.
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 708