Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274810 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5400 on: January 23, 2016, 05:41:40 am »

Oh, hey, GUN's back. Welcome back to the board, dude. ^^^
Heyyyy! Everybody's welcoming me back. c: It's nice!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: January 23, 2016, 09:20:57 am »

Managed t get a team promoted from the Third Division to the SPL (three promotions, all outright) in seven seasons. Also managed to keep the team in the SPL in the first season without really ever being threatened with relegation. Almost finished in the top half of the league ('cause Scotland is weird, and this would have guaranteed safety with 5 games remaining) alas, my team slumped at the wrong time.

Despite going from having a healthy £2m in the bank before being promoted to having £300k and a £6m loan debt (again, bizarre Scottish rules) I managed to regain that money and more over the course of the season (I may have a used the cash cow that is the pre-season friendly...) so I'm in a reasonably comfortable financial position, should be able to at least meet the amount of money the debt is worth within the next to seasons, and hopefully be able to improve my team so I can get into some European competitions, which would net even more money.

Unfortunately, I'm not regarded as particularly legendary by the fans. Stupid bastards.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5402 on: January 23, 2016, 02:05:28 pm »

Teamed up with an allied noble to sweep out a bandit with our heavy cavalry. Got an obscene casualty ratio: I only lost two soldiers, although we'll see how many succumb to their wounds. In contrast, the bandit died and would have lost 46 excluding wounds and routing, and my ally lost ten men exluding wounds. It was great.

Might & Fealty.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: January 23, 2016, 03:50:45 pm »

I somehow got to level 11. O_o

Tetris.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: January 23, 2016, 05:41:54 pm »

Ending A as the scholar, with a mere five birth stars. Two Crab (close to Chariot for the car speed boost), Two Lion, and One Hunter (I think)?

In the end, I was a narcotics-riddled, physically exhausted, mentally shattered, jittery hero (I think. I don't have the logbook, actually). About 12 hours remained on the clock before the Ancient's invasion. Preferred melee combat.

And I was able to banish, with mind and body intact...

The Consuming Shadow.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: January 24, 2016, 08:37:33 am »

Although they still lead miserable, pitiable lives, with Jean spending her days hopping from dead-end job to dead-end job and Kyra cooking and cleaning 24/7 just trying to stay ahead of the curve... They finally love each other.

Which would have been a lot easier if I could just designate them as a couple when I created the family, but blah blah limitations bluh bluh first game bleh bleh sequels.

The Sims.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 06:12:28 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: January 24, 2016, 09:42:41 am »

Rammed a fully-charged Tau cannon into the back of the final boss' head and fired. It didn't appreciate that, but it was dead. Mission accomplished.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: January 25, 2016, 01:34:01 am »

Killed St Roka for the first time.

I was on the last floor of the orcish mines, clearing out the market when suddenly a whole pack of powerful orcs come in through a part of the mines that I thought I already cleared. Being an Air elementalist (think lightning Mage) and having dealt with the packs before. I let the get a bit closer so I can use electric discharge on to clear them out quickly.

Suddenly when they're in melee range, St. Roka (considered by fans to be one of the toughest uniques in the whole game) rounds the corner that was supposed to be my escape route. Since I could 't escape like I originally planned to, I had no choice but to let him come closer (while that other pack is wailing on me). Eventually he comes close enough and I use a blink scroll to blink ino the corner he rounded earlier. After a single turn I then stepped out of his LOS.

I follow my escape route and after reaching a set of stairs, I begin to recuperate, recovering from the wounds Roka inflicted with his smite attacks as well as the ones caused by that pack. The rest didn't last long though because it turned out that St Roka followed me!

It then became a 1v1 where I was firing lightning bolts and he was firing smites. He was winning. Quickly, I attempted to activate the invisibility feature of my artifact wizard hat. After 4 turns, it finally worked and Roka could no longer see me (meaning he could no longer aim his smites). I then continue firing lightning bolts in saftey, knowing that Roka couldn't hit me, chipping away at his health like a toothbrush chips away at a dirty dinning hall. There's one problem with this set up though (other than the piss poor damage with my strongest spell). In crawl, invisibility covers you in something called magical contamination. If you get covered in enough, you'll begin to glow, meaning you won't be invisible anymore (a clever way to prevent you from being permanently invisible). What this means though is that once my invisibility runs out, I'll be back to horrible square one.

Thankfully, the cavalry arrived! St Roka's cavalry... uh huh... fun,  but as you'll see later I end up using this to my advantage. I then come up with a brilliant idea. I wait for the reinforcements to surround Roka and then I read a scroll of immolation (In case you don't know what it does, it essentially turns every enemy into a time bomb that is set off by cold blooded murder. Kill them and they explode). Still invisible, I then begin firing lightning bolts into the crowd. The crowd is surprisingly tough though and it takes a few shots to kill them. Suddenly, my image flickers, but it's too late, all they can do is watch as I fell the first orc with my lightning bolt and unleash hellfire upon them. He explodes, engulfing another orc in flame, who also explodes, killing 5 other orcs, and then they all explode into one glorious chain reaction that would make the atomic bomb proud!

Columns of flame dot the landscape where there were once orcs, and when the loading clears, there are only 3 survivors. Myself, a horribly wounded Roka, and a wounded orc warrior who really shouldn't have survived this mess. Fully invisible once more, I pray that Roka remembered my face before I blast his orc buddy and end him with one final explosion...

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: January 25, 2016, 06:40:03 am »

Sort of an ownage in general, but.. I can Super Sledge normal super mutants to death in one hit. Others take two or so, but usually nothing more than a power attack and a normal hit or two. Not to mention most any other humanoid enemy, which fall invariably to power attacks.
I love this Super Sledge.

Fallout 4.
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: January 26, 2016, 01:20:31 am »

By turning off free will and carefully scheduling every action for about a week, Jean was finally in a good enough mood to get a promotion. With the extra money from that, I was able to upgrade enough of my doodads and knicknacks to keep Kyra happy. Now they pretty consistently have a +2 Mood score, although there's still occasional bad days (usually because of garbage piling up).

The Sims.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: January 26, 2016, 01:37:36 pm »

By turning off free will and carefully scheduling every action for about a week, Jean was finally in a good enough mood to get a promotion. With the extra money from that, I was able to upgrade enough of my doodads and knicknacks to keep Kyra happy. Now they pretty consistently have a +2 Mood score, although there's still occasional bad days (usually because of garbage piling up).

The Sims.
Ah yes, the answer to all the world's problems right there :P  (Though yer doing better than I do, I pretty much have free will off all the time because walking past the big dinner of grilled cheese sandwiches to grab a bag of chips from the fridge is unacceptable.)

---
Not much to say about this own.  I was playing rexxar and my team found the other team fighting a boss.  We engaged, and we got driven back.  But not before the boss died and I had parked Misha, my pet bear on the boss' capture point when the fighting started.  The enemy team was too busy fighting us to notice until it was taken.

Heroes of the Storm, quick match
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: January 27, 2016, 08:31:01 pm »

Finally made my way to Grado Keep. After deciding that Ephraim's a big boy and can handle the army of wizards following him long enough to take down Vigarde, I ordered a hasty retreat of everybody else.

All of the wizards attack Ephraim and fail horribly. Ephraim continues his march to Vigarde's throne.

At last, he gets there, an entire retinue of wizards in tow...

Ephraim attacks Vigarde and Vigarde's damage-nullifying skill activates.

My top row of teeth is pressed against my bottom lip and a steady stream of air comes out, "ffffffffffffffff".
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: January 27, 2016, 09:00:27 pm »

I killed Seath the Scaleless, the Four Kings[Again] and Lord Gwyn. Using my violence. Solaire helped with the last one. Welp, I guess I won.

time to look for alternative paths and such then

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: January 28, 2016, 12:26:52 am »

GET REKT, mAHGDA OR WHATEVER THE FUCK

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: January 28, 2016, 08:59:04 am »

I beat Blast Pit in one sitting, which almost never happens.

... It's not even really that hard, I don't know why it gave me so much trouble the first time I went through.

Half Life.
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 708