Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274025 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5415 on: January 28, 2016, 10:58:06 am »

I beat Blast Pit in one sitting, which almost never happens.

... It's not even really that hard, I don't know why it gave me so much trouble the first time I went through.

Half Life.
I think the tough bit is getting used to dodging the tentacle guy. I had problems with using too many distraction grenades my first time, too.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: January 28, 2016, 08:28:49 pm »

I beat Blast Pit in one sitting, which almost never happens.

... It's not even really that hard, I don't know why it gave me so much trouble the first time I went through.

Half Life.
I think the tough bit is getting used to dodging the tentacle guy. I had problems with using too many distraction grenades my first time, too.

I beat the Black Mesa version too, and I wondered the same thing and had similar problems (mainly because I was moving too fast or something and then got smashed by the tentacle thing.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: January 30, 2016, 06:44:40 am »

Took down the Twin Suns... by hiding behind the bar and plinking away past their shields with a Systec Aural Blaster when they couldn't path to me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: January 30, 2016, 01:43:40 pm »

I lost, but I'll still call this an ownage. Was playing commander with a borrowed deck (monoblack, commander was Ob Nix of the Black Oath) at my LGS, and one person in this game was the dude who always brings slightly too competitive decks to our (rather casual) lgs. It was his deck I borrowed but this is irrelevant :v. I got mana screwed pretty bad at the beginning, and eventually everybody agreed to let me reshuffle my deck and draw 7, which was nice. So I was finally getting relevant again but the competitive dude was going off pretty badly. He had a dude whose P/T was the sum of all cards in all graveyards, redirected all our extra card draw to him and finally started milling ridiculous amounts. I had my commander and some other dudes out, but nothing signifcant. I tapped a land to give me one mana per creature card in my graveyard, which due to the mill-happiness gave me a whopping 15 mana. I then played a dude to give all my dudes extort, and with a combination of this, a few more spells and the dudes I had out, I managed to reduce him to ONE life. I was one mana away from killing this dude. Next turn was his, and I died to his 90/90 because all of my dudes were tapped. Turn goes to the next guy (fourth guy was already dead), who had one creature out after all of his creatures were also smashed attacking competitive guy. He drew a small creature. All seemed lost, but then he glanced at his command zone. He cast his commander and dealt two damage to the competitive player, killing him and winning the game. I do not consider this a loss for me, even though I died.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 02:19:26 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: January 30, 2016, 02:14:08 pm »

I lost, but I'll still call this an ownage. Was playing commander with a borrowed deck (monoblack, commander was Ob Nix of the Black Oath) at my LGS, and one person in this game was the dude who always brings slightly too competitive decks to our (rather casual) lgs. It was his deck I borrowed but this is irrelevant :v. I got mana screwed pretty bad at the beginning, and eventually everybody agreed to let me reshuffle my deck and draw 7, which was nice. So I was finally getting relevant again but the competitive dude was going off pretty badly. He had a dude whose P/T was the sum of all cards in all graveyards, redirected all our extra card draw to him and finally started milling ridiculous amounts. I had my commander and some other dudes out, but nothing signifcant. I tapped a land to give me one mana per creature card in my graveyard, which due to the mill-happiness gave me a whopping 15 mana. I then played a dude to give all my dudes extort, and with a combination of this, a few more spells and the dudes I had out, I managed to reduce him to ONE life. I was one mana away from killing this dude. Next turn was his, and I died to his 90/90 because all of my dudes were tapped. Turn goes to the next guy (fourth guy was already dead), who had one creature out after all of his creatures were also smashed attacking competitive guy. He drew a small creature. All seemed lost, but then he glanced at his command zone. He cast his commander and dealt two damage to the competitive player, killing him and winning the game. I do not consider this a loss for me, even though I died.

Is this Yu-Gi-Oh?
Hearthstone? Which game was it?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: January 30, 2016, 02:14:24 pm »

MTG?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: January 30, 2016, 02:19:43 pm »

yeah mtg i would never be caught playing a skrub-tier game such as yugioh or hearthstone :V

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: January 30, 2016, 03:46:31 pm »

Took down the Twin Suns... by hiding behind the bar and plinking away past their shields with a Systec Aural Blaster when they couldn't path to me.

You know, you can ..

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: January 30, 2016, 03:58:01 pm »

yeah mtg i would never be caught playing a skrub-tier game such as yugioh or hearthstone :V
Heeeyyyyy. I like Hearthstone.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: January 30, 2016, 05:50:57 pm »

You know, you can ..

Already did that. But I have Visas the spare lightsaber.
Spoiler: Besides I figure that (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: January 30, 2016, 06:41:55 pm »

You know, you can ..

Already did that. But I have Visas the spare lightsaber.
Spoiler: Besides I figure that (click to show/hide)
You really, really should be swimming in lightsabers in this game.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: January 30, 2016, 06:54:15 pm »

Not yet apparently. :-\

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: January 30, 2016, 08:26:39 pm »

Touched an invasion sign to summon another player on the Iron Keep bridge, then was promptly invaded by an NPC. Rekt them both.

Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: January 30, 2016, 10:15:30 pm »

Well, THAT was the most glorious mindfuck I've ever seen.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: January 30, 2016, 11:12:13 pm »

Well, THAT was the most glorious mindfuck I've ever seen.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 708