Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1273872 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5475 on: February 08, 2016, 10:11:34 pm »

Dark Souls: Prepare to (Fail At) Parrying Edition
Black lives matter.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5476 on: February 08, 2016, 10:21:50 pm »

Why do you want to quit? Dark souls is probably one of the best action RPGs ever made.

Because I'm playing nothing but Dark Souls and starting one character for each potential build I could do. When I did that with Skyrim, I ended up with ~15 characters and sinking hundreds of hours in. And I have other games to play. This is the natural conclusion to that desire. I'm actually doing pretty well beating things up with my fists of fury while wearing the ghetto Dark Souls equivalent of a luchador outfit. What I'm looking forwards to is invading people and making their day a bit more absurd, even if my weapons are completely useless for anything besides MAYBE parries/backstabs.

Plus Dark Souls doesn't QUITE give me what I REALLY want from an RPG right now: The ability to be a godlike caster character. Unleashing a Chaos Storm on Seath and halving his health is the closest Dark Souls really comes. Even Skyrim let me feel more like an elemental force of destruction once I got 100% Fortify Destruction and just LIGHTNING LASERED all the things.

Also, have you gone to the abysswalker DLC yet? You have the Prepare-to-Die edition so it should be installed.

Not really. Knight Artorias is hella robust[More so then any other boss I've encountered] and you have to go through a bunch of tedious enemies to get to him. Its something I've been meaning to get further in, but keep either forgetting about or just doing other stuff instead.

Dark Souls: Prepare to (Fail At) Parrying Edition

I easily spent like the first week of my[ongoing] Dark Souls binge doing just that. :P
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: February 09, 2016, 06:06:29 pm »

Absolutely wrecked Fortree Gym. It helps that most of my team was 10-15 levels higher than the gym trainers' Pokemon, except Latios who was slightly over Winona's team. The only Pokemon even in danger of fainting was Mega Blaziken, because I left him in a few turns after getting confused from a Water Pulse by Winona's Pelipper. And that's even after Mawile tanked an Earthquake from Altaria(which I'm surprised Altaria can even learn).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: February 09, 2016, 08:00:06 pm »

Altaria's a dragon/flying type. Many fully evolved dragon types can learn Earthquake.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: February 10, 2016, 07:40:06 am »

I loaded a random workshop prison in Prison Architect, looking to get my escape on. I arrive in a prison bus, as always. The bus drives towards the prison. It keeps driving. It doesn't stop. The bus drives off the map. I win.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: February 10, 2016, 07:42:33 am »

Ha!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: February 10, 2016, 06:28:44 pm »

I loaded a random workshop prison in Prison Architect, looking to get my escape on. I arrive in a prison bus, as always. The bus drives towards the prison. It keeps driving. It doesn't stop. The bus drives off the map. I win.

Escape? You can try to escape in that game?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: February 10, 2016, 06:42:47 pm »

Blew up a Separatist cruiser, paving the way for a full-scale invasion force to come through.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: February 10, 2016, 09:03:26 pm »

Escape? You can try to escape in that game?
Yes.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: February 11, 2016, 08:16:06 am »

Stylish.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5485 on: February 11, 2016, 11:51:57 am »

There is something immensely satisfying about hard booming into war wagons as Koreans. Especially when your allies are on top of their games so it's backed by hordes of shotels and halberdiers.

AoE II.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: February 11, 2016, 12:19:06 pm »

I don't know what happened, but my Randomizer for Pokemon Emerald completely screwed up the stats of everything, even though it was not supposed to change anything like that;
so, in the first gym, I'm fighting against level 12 enemies that can tank every move I have, and can one-shot everyone in my level 18 team, despite weaknesses or resistances.

I lost so many times, i even tried to cheat with the save-states once, but when your enemies have Earthquake, or other 100% accuracy moves, that is useless.
Finally, it took me 40 minutes (speeding up time with the emulator, otherwise it would have probably took me an hour) to win, but somehow I did it! And without any cheat!

Still, now the same thing is happening in the second gym, so probably I won't play this game for a long time, but at least I did it!

The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: February 11, 2016, 08:03:54 pm »

Nice!

I personally prefer the incredibly lethal run, as well as killing Hightower.

I've been trying to knock Gessler out of the tower, but he keeps sliding down the wall really slowly, preventing me from killing that fucker.

How do I  knock him out of the building?
Incredibly precise superjumping. Get very, very close. And if you have to, multiple tackles still gives you it. Just hold him at [Gametitle] until he... Yeah. ;3 I have nearly every achievement in the game. That was my first choice when I got to the ending, after I had butchered my way through a city in pursuit of justice.

And now I kind of want a sequel, even though there is no hook whatsoever.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: February 11, 2016, 08:27:12 pm »

Yeah, my main complaint about gunpoint is that the mechanics are so solid that you just end wanting more after beating the game. It also doesn't help that there are several easily fixable flaws with the level editor that handicaps community creators significantly.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: February 11, 2016, 08:28:42 pm »

We probably won't get another until the creator finishes his new space-stealth game that looks equally as simplistically delicious. I miss my PUNCHING PEOPLE INTO GOO.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 708