Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1275217 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5580 on: February 27, 2016, 05:41:34 am »

Got Feebas to evolve. Okay, that was actually a hell of a lot less difficult in ORAS than it was in the originals, but hey, I own a mermaid now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: February 27, 2016, 01:50:51 pm »

I may have executed the world's dumbest orbital reentry, but I did it. I successfully returned to Kerbin after a flyby of the Mun, bringing home nearly 200 science.

I had to spend nearly 10 IRL minutes aerobraking, using the final rocket stage as an impromptu heat shield because the actual heat shield wasn't working. I think I orbited the entire planet at least once, praying all the while that I didn't tumble over and turn the incredibly flammable command pod towards the atmosphere.

Somehow, miraculously, the final stage created enough drag that I was able to deploy the parachute, well within the atmosphere while moving at a reasonable velocity.

Kerbal Space Program.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: February 27, 2016, 02:43:21 pm »

Was at 4 life and basically dead on board, but had a lot of (non-flying) big dudes out, including Kozilek.

I convinced my two opponents (cousin and brother) to attack each other instead of me by forming alliances with first one and then the other, and managed to get one to kill the other. When this happened, one was at 11 life and completely tapped out and open. I won. MWAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAA

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5583 on: February 27, 2016, 03:16:40 pm »

If you were playing with physical cards around a table, I humbly tip my hat to you. Sadly, it seems more likely that you were using some sort of private messaging system to forge those alliances without the respective other parties' attention. Still a nice hustle, though. Nobody expects the Kingmaker to win, but when it happens, it's glorious.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: February 27, 2016, 03:49:51 pm »

Nope,physical cards.

I literally learned my cousin to play today, though, and my brother is too much of a pushover to try and convince him not to attack him :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: February 27, 2016, 09:06:46 pm »

Block is the safe level up on a warrior. Mighty Blow is the aggressive level up. Guard is also an option, though a lot of pros don't take it early on Chaos. Doubles or other skills are for crazy awesome decisions if you're feeling like a fun challenge.

...we should really have a proper Blood Bowl thread.  :o
I got a double on the warrior and went with the dubious decision of Dodge. I may end up necroing the Blood Bowl thread later today.

Fairly good decision on doubles, IMO. Blodge is a good combo, and CWs still have AGI3, so you can use it for mobility as well as defense. Will be a lot stronger with Block next level.  :)

On-topic: decided it was high time I learned to play Daredevil, and proceeded to get 7 wins in 9 matches. After an entire PvP season of standing in the middle of teamfights with an Auramancer, dealing low damage and being nearly invincible, it was fun to play a mobile glass cannon for a few matches. And landing that elite combo to instakill someone is immensely satisfying!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5586 on: February 27, 2016, 11:13:37 pm »

I have been able to top the scoreboard of my team for about 2 server restart's worth (I think?).

Granted, as a Medic, this is somewhat easy but I feel awesome nonetheless.

Also, spraying syringes at enemies is surprisingly fun and effective, if you're close enough.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: February 28, 2016, 03:11:54 am »

Marathonned Chapters 9 (finally), 10 (with no resets! A first!) and 11, the latter ending anticlimactically thanks to Lon'qu+Gregor and Virion's Longbow, without stopping to grind endlessly between them. It was.. actually pretty fun.
And now three hours from when I last opened the game.
Fire Emblem Awakening
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: February 28, 2016, 10:09:55 am »

I should probably stop using a tank as a sniper rifle, but I was having so much fun. At one point I managed to get my Lightning into a very narrow spot just barely wide enough for it(I accidentally ran over a friendly while backing away from fire). In the same spot, a group of friendlies and a group of enemies were shooting across a narrow bridge. They had a MANA-AP turret on their side. Our side had a tank.

Before long(but still after a half a dozen kills on my part), several energy trails from Vanu missile launchers were constantly flying across the chasm towards me. Many missed due to suppressing fire from the squad I was helping, and the ones that did hit were quickly repaired by friendly engineers. By the time we pushed across the bridge, the Vanu were yelling about killing "that idiot lightning". Eventually did get killed trying to cross; getting hit from three directions by missile fire will kill you no matter how many engineers you have.

Probably would have gotten more kills if I had gotten the HE cannon instead of the AP cannon.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: February 28, 2016, 01:40:19 pm »

Cleared a monster zoo. Fuck yeah.

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: February 29, 2016, 12:39:15 am »

Had a busy day with the clan today. I and another guy were looting radtowns and looking for people to shoot; I teleported onto the top of the main trainyard building intending to tpa him in after, but it turned out that some other clan had called in airdrops on the place to attract people. I stood up looking at a naked reloading a pipe shotgun and someone shooting my back with an AK, so I bailed through a hole in the floor, blasted a guy in the face with my shotgun, and ran down a broken pipe, then accepted my clanmate's tpr on the ground after I sneaked past another random running around shooting people. Spent a few minutes creeping around, then left to snipe at people from outside.

Later I got tpr'd into the top of a tower in reactor by another clanmate who was dumb enough to have a home set on a tiny coverless tower. He was already shooting at a guy running on the ground, I popped up and domed him. We hit the ground running for the body after taking shots on the ladder; some guy with a Thompson jumped me, I shotgunned him, and we both ran away, but my buddy found and killed him while I was looting the other corpse. With people behind us and more guys showing up at the hill in front of us, we ran back into reactor from a different angle and /home'd out. Got three custom weapons from that dude.

We went back to reactor again on the same spot with three of us, but there was another group of clan guys already shooting at us, and there was zero fucking cover on that tower, so I bailed down the ladder at about the same time that they both died, then hid in a train car to /home out while another group of players showed up and got into a firefight with the initial batch.

To round things out, two of us offline-raided six bases because we had an excess of explosives. Plus one that was just troll honeycomb with nothing inside that I wasted 12 rockets and 4 C4 on. Also killed a couple guys from a mountain when they went for an airdrop.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: February 29, 2016, 06:09:00 am »

Can we post another person's owns?

Scott Manley rescued a vehicle from a suborbital trajectory, using another vehicle to pick it up with a scoop made out of tail fins. He then returned it all the way from the Mun to Kerbin.

The game, of course, is Kerbal Space Program.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: February 29, 2016, 06:25:31 am »

You shouldn't, because one own becomes another, and another, and then you just say "Everything Scott Manley does, has done, and will do". :P
Black lives matter.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: February 29, 2016, 06:37:50 am »

Scott Manley rescued a vehicle from a suborbital trajectory, using another vehicle to pick it up with a scoop made out of tail fins. He then returned it all the way from the Mun to Kerbin.

As someone who doesn't own KSP that looked like magic.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: February 29, 2016, 07:23:17 am »

As someone who doesn't own KSP that looked like magic.

As someone who does own KSP, that looked like magic.

EDIT: Had a pretty fun, long session. Since TR was overpopulated, we basically zergged the NC, and I eventually stopped when we linked their warp gate. During the final battle, I shot down a Liberator with a L100 Python AP, and the wreckage apparently crashed into an enemy squad. And that wasn't the first time in the play session I shot down a Liberator with the tank cannon. I think it was the same guy I shot down, too.
Or the first time I shot down an aircraft at all, though the other time was a Reaver with an anti-aircraft turret.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:41:39 am by Akura »
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 708