Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1260307 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6135 on: May 31, 2016, 03:19:45 pm »

That's horrifying.

While we're on Hearthstone, for some reason casual seems to be shooting fish in a barrel for me right now. Won five games with a random druid deck (I don't even have all the basics) without ever feeling threatened. I admittedly have some very nice C'Thun cards, but they're not that good.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6136 on: May 31, 2016, 03:20:54 pm »

I'm only ever able to survive in TF2 as Engi because turrets mean that you can contribute while very rarely placing yourself at risk.

I haven't played TF2 in a long time though. I don't get all this crafting and level-up stuff in online shooters these days.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: May 31, 2016, 03:32:41 pm »

That's horrifying.

While we're on Hearthstone, for some reason casual seems to be shooting fish in a barrel for me right now. Won five games with a random druid deck (I don't even have all the basics) without ever feeling threatened. I admittedly have some very nice C'Thun cards, but they're not that good.

I think the best combo in this deck tho is the one that nets you up to  5 Reno Jacksons if you manage to pull it off. Four of those will be 1 cost. Of course, if you're able to do that then chances are you don't really need them because what the hell is your oponent doing. Another fun combo is using that stuff but with Blade of C'Thun instead to superbuff your C'Thun while killing their big stuff. Like say, playing a 1 mana assasinate on an enemy Doomcaller that happens to buff C'Thun for twice the Doomcallers stats :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: May 31, 2016, 04:40:20 pm »

I'm only ever able to survive in TF2 as Engi because turrets mean that you can contribute while very rarely placing yourself at risk.

I haven't played TF2 in a long time though. I don't get all this crafting and level-up stuff in online shooters these days.

People these days are infatuated with the idea of getting stronger and more OP PLZ NERF OR BAN!

I know I am. Not that I'd actually work to get there, 'cause I'm very lazy.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: May 31, 2016, 05:10:56 pm »

Beat the absolute piss out of the entire police force. Even then, the chief, who nearly took everyone out with a shotgun loaded with rock salt, and then knocked out my mother with a rubber bullet, still wanted to lock us up. That is, until some "reputable citizens", namely my brother, my mother, and the local school mascot(all of whom had just cleaned out the police force) vouched for my good reputation. Then the chief joined our group.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6140 on: May 31, 2016, 06:36:02 pm »

Beat the absolute piss out of the entire police force. Even then, the chief, who nearly took everyone out with a shotgun loaded with rock salt, and then knocked out my mother with a rubber bullet, still wanted to lock us up. That is, until some "reputable citizens", namely my brother, my mother, and the local school mascot(all of whom had just cleaned out the police force) vouched for my good reputation. Then the chief joined our group.

WHAT GAmE EVEN
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: June 01, 2016, 12:00:29 pm »

Friend got invaded while I'm helping him through Irythill (sp) we skirmish with the invader for a bit before a blue sentinel is summoned.  The invader is already hurt, so he starts backing off and running up the stairs towards some enemies.

I take out my bow, he's too far away and moving too quickly to lock on, so I quickly scope in, aim at the top of the stairs and fire.

A second later the invader just took all their remaining health in damage from a headshot from my arrow to the back of their head.

Pro archer skills man. I'll probably never be able to pull off that shot again in 100 years

Dark Souls 3
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: June 01, 2016, 04:59:59 pm »

WHAT GAmE EVEN

I've not actually played Earthbound, but I think it's very Earthbound-y(confirmed by a quick non-spoilery look at TVTropes). Might even be in the same universe as Earthbound, since in the police station there's a mention of a "boy beating up crows with cracked bat" which I think was an Earthbound reference.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6143 on: June 02, 2016, 12:52:48 am »

Duck Dark Souls 3

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6144 on: June 02, 2016, 09:19:37 am »

Logging in, there's an hour left on the Esamir alert, TR controls about 23%, VS controls about 54%(guess from memory). After rage-quitting once fighting the NC and noticing there's little going on at Indar, I end up spending almost a full half an hour playing hide-and-seek with this one very persistent VS infiltrator who kept hopping around Terran BL-4 Crash Site taking one point at a time - take one and he's capping another. He never fired a single shot, even the one or two times I managed to catch him and take a shot. Kept dropping mines, though.

Decided to grab my Flash(with Scout Radar). First try it flipped over next to a wall. Second time I finally caught sight of him, accidentally ran him over(after a few intentional tries). With luck, the radar picked him up when he respawned, allowing me to find his Sunderer. My attack on it finally got him to return fire, but he couldn't save the Sunderer. As he ran from the wreckage I caught up to him and filled him with bullets... then ran over an AT mine he dropped before dying. He sent me a congratulatory tell.

Looking at the map, I saw that during the last half-hour, TR got it's act together and swept hard across the VS map. I managed to assist a bit taking the winning base - Eisa Tech Plant. TR wins the alert with 39% to VS's 33%. Just seconds before the alert ended, TR also locked Indar.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6145 on: June 02, 2016, 11:44:54 am »

Duck Dark Souls 3

Funny, it was basically the opposite for. The boss that gave you trouble? Second try solo.
The other one? Took me two days.
I find it interesting how the difficulty of bosses is so vastly different for different people.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6146 on: June 02, 2016, 03:51:33 pm »

Duck Dark Souls 3

Funny, it was basically the opposite for. The boss that gave you trouble? Second try solo.
The other one? Took me two days.
I find it interesting how the difficulty of bosses is so vastly different for different people.
I keep hearing people complain about
Spoiler: Boss name (click to show/hide)
... but I actually took him out in my very first try. I think I only needed to Estus once, too.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: June 02, 2016, 03:52:34 pm »

I'm a Nightblade in my current game. That means that most of the time I use magic to enhance my guy's stealth capabilities and stab people in their butts. However, this fails to work a lot of the time, so I've been training in Destruction so I can easily blow people up if stealth fails. While screwing around in the spellmaker, I came up with my character's new signature move, which I named Blizzard Fist like the weirdass that I am. It is a melee-range spell which creates a good 10 meter wide explosion of ice around whoever it hits. After creating it, I used it to kill everyone in the Mage's Guild in a couple of seconds.

I'm starting to think magic was a little OP in the older TES games.

Morrowind.

Also, enchantments still rarely work for significant things, but when they do they're awesome. Turning items into spells which don't use magicka, recharge on their own, and can be used instantly? Yes please.
Nightblade is best stealth class.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: June 02, 2016, 03:58:09 pm »

University scientists develop Chaos gun due to what seemed to be an incredibly lucky tech roll while everyone else, Usurpers and Caretakers included, are bumbling around with particle impactors. What else was I supposed to do other than literally sweep all before me with a handful of chaos speeders? Conquest victory in under 100 turns (granted, standard map) and only 6 bases built.

This is a blank sig.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: June 02, 2016, 10:29:21 pm »

Got all the way to Stage 5 before getting wrecked by Knoife Maid AND got a new high score of over 4 million points. Master Spark is so ridiculously good. If used right, it lets you power through almost an entire Spell Sign. Usually I don't use it that much because I like the bonus points you get for not using them, but this time my index finger kept spasming because of muscle fatigue and I ended up pressing "x" more often. And it worked out. Not that I didn't pull oodles of totally-not-accidental sweet doges[And several totally-accidental ones as well], but I used more bombs then usual.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 708