Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1260049 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6195 on: June 10, 2016, 05:27:38 am »

Leave spawn, randomly decide to look behind myself, see a spy coming out of cloak, fire rocket, random crit obliterates still-partially-invisible spy.

Tf2
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: June 10, 2016, 08:00:29 am »

15 kill streak, top of the leader board after that image was taken. Glorious heavy times. Mad props to the medic who was smart enough hitting that uber when it was best.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: June 10, 2016, 08:09:13 am »

League of Legends

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: June 10, 2016, 11:46:37 am »

I played "i dont want to set the world on fire" as I rained bombs both nuclear and conventional down onto Atilla's land and took his capital. That was one helluva game.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6199 on: June 10, 2016, 01:51:09 pm »

So, that makes two thoughtstolen legendaries in three games. Yogg-Saron, this time. And a good Yogg, cleared their board, dealt several damage to them, and gave me two 1/1 imps. The inevitable counter Yogg shadowstepped back into their hand (!), but luckily I had lethal mind blasts.

Hearthstone.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: June 10, 2016, 01:53:13 pm »

Try wielding it left handed.  Left handed Volcanic reaches its peak accuracy faster than the recoil animation can finish.  So you can shoot, shuffle two steps to the right or left, shoot again, shuffle again, shoot again, ect.  If you're experienced with the technique your reticule will reach its smallest size the exact time that the animation finishes, so you'll be firing as quickly and accurately as possible while constantly dodging.

Same strat works for the Mare's Leg and the Peacekeeper.

Same strat works for the Mare's Leg and the Peacekeeper.

Mare's Leg and the Peacekeeper.

Peacekeeper.

Peacekeeper.

Peace MAKER is what I think (read: know) what you mean.

I think the Mare's Leg might be called the Mare's Laig(?) in the game, but I don't know.

Anyway, do you mean using the "Left Handed" option, or actually switching hands so that the volcanic is in the left?

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: June 10, 2016, 02:11:02 pm »

it is the mare's leg, and I think he does mean the left handed option for the acc bonus to the left hand. ( although if you try to duel wield you will do much worse that way)
plus I like to use the peacemaker with a derringer for points.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: June 10, 2016, 02:14:56 pm »

Never played anything other than those three cards and two offensive plays (next legendary you play, and its copies, permanently costs 3 less) in that match.

Hearthstone, of course.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: June 10, 2016, 03:01:40 pm »

Tried to follow my tanks suicidal charge forward. He got focused down pretty fast and I ended up in a building behind the enemy lines with no friendly players close enough to fly to.
Decided to bum rush the enemy from behind instead of sneaking back to my own team and so I climbed up the stairs and out onto the walkway on the buildings upper level. That way I managed to catch their Mercy while she was healing a almost dead Widowmaker, and a few pewpews later the WM is dead, Mercy fights back and a second later she joins the WM on the ground.
Jumping down from the walkway and onto the street I land behind their Soldier who also dies to my pewpew of doom.

Turn around, back into the building, through some rooms and up the stairs again, and suddenly I'm behind a Bastion. I'm shooting the core on its back and instead of turning around and shooting me he tries to repair himself. A second magazine to the core and a punch later I get my 4th kill.
Had a short range duel with a Zenyatta whose aim was so bad he couldn't hit a barn while being inside it (killed him, too), then going outside again I'm facing a D.Va. Fearing that I won't survive a short range slugging match with that thing I flee back towards my teams spawn. Almost dead I finally see a friendly Tracer and shift-fly towards her, D.Va follows with her boosters and gets blindsided by a friendly McCree who promtly kills her with a stun grenade + fan the hammer.

And this is how a Mercy causes a team kill on Numbani.  :D

Overwatch
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: June 10, 2016, 03:07:57 pm »

Fun fact: Genji can reflect High Noon.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: June 10, 2016, 04:26:26 pm »

it is the mare's leg, and I think he does mean the left handed option for the acc bonus to the left hand. ( although if you try to duel wield you will do much worse that way)
But... the Peacemaker (you know what I meant azy) usually hits for a little over half the enemy's health, how do you even get the kill with a derringer?

My favorite dual wielding combo is Schofield + sawed-off.  Sawed-off is great at damaging enemies but rarely manages to get a full 100 damage at any sane range, so you want to combine it with a gun that can finish the enemy.  In normal matches you want to spawn with it and handgun throw so you can either use the throw to get that 100 damage together and then steal a second gun (anything except a Mare's Leg will do), but if you can get to a blue chest a Schofield is an absolute beast because both your weapons will reload their entire clips.  If you're in teamplay (or whatever that's called, wouldn't want someone making a huge deal about a minor naming error) sawed-off + derringer is a cheap way to fight close up.

I've also done work with left handed sawed-off because I'm a nihilist.  They updated shotguns a while back so that their cone of fire will tighten when you're standing still the same way that a pistol would, which makes left-handed sawed-off a good mid-ish range weapon.  Really you want to use it as an unexpected backup with a heavier two-handed weapon.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: June 10, 2016, 05:13:28 pm »

So I pulled a Malygos from my Brawl pack. I decided to build a full-face priest deck to go with it.

Game one, mage. Goes okay, then I draw Malygos, and the game is over in two turns.
Game two, instaconcede priest. Huh?
Game three, Malygos didn't even come into play. Becuase I Thoughtstole a Thaurissan. Six mana mind control? Don't mind if I do. Free mind blasts? Sure! Holy Nova for two? Excellent! Yeah, I felt bad for the other player.

Hearthstone.

Ohhhh can you add me, I want to see how my current warlock setup does against it.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: June 10, 2016, 08:47:04 pm »

Finally beat that freaking Monoblos. It was like my fifth try and cost me forty-five minutes and most of my medical supplies but I friggin' did it

« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 09:50:28 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: June 10, 2016, 09:27:16 pm »

But... the Peacemaker (you know what I meant azy) usually hits for a little over half the enemy's health, how do you even get the kill with a derringer?

My favorite dual wielding combo is Schofield + sawed-off.  Sawed-off is great at damaging enemies but rarely manages to get a full 100 damage at any sane range, so you want to combine it with a gun that can finish the enemy.  In normal matches you want to spawn with it and handgun throw so you can either use the throw to get that 100 damage together and then steal a second gun (anything except a Mare's Leg will do), but if you can get to a blue chest a Schofield is an absolute beast because both your weapons will reload their entire clips.  If you're in teamplay (or whatever that's called, wouldn't want someone making a huge deal about a minor naming error) sawed-off + derringer is a cheap way to fight close up.

I've also done work with left handed sawed-off because I'm a nihilist.  They updated shotguns a while back so that their cone of fire will tighten when you're standing still the same way that a pistol would, which makes left-handed sawed-off a good mid-ish range weapon.  Really you want to use it as an unexpected backup with a heavier two-handed weapon.
It is not necessarily optimal, more of a fun thing to use. You can do about 45-60 damage with the peace maker and then 25-35 with the derringer with means 2 body shots or a head shot. Then again point wise the bow works really well as well, plus just using the derringers does well.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6209 on: June 11, 2016, 02:04:07 am »

So I pulled a Malygos from my Brawl pack. I decided to build a full-face priest deck to go with it.

Game one, mage. Goes okay, then I draw Malygos, and the game is over in two turns.
Game two, instaconcede priest. Huh?
Game three, Malygos didn't even come into play. Becuase I Thoughtstole a Thaurissan. Six mana mind control? Don't mind if I do. Free mind blasts? Sure! Holy Nova for two? Excellent! Yeah, I felt bad for the other player.

Hearthstone.

Ohhhh can you add me, I want to see how my current warlock setup does against it.

Sure, if you let me know your battle tag.

I'm not the best player in the world, and I haven't been playing long, so I'm rank 19 pushing 18 right now. Just FYI.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 708