Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1275138 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6255 on: June 22, 2016, 10:29:59 am »

I FINALLY got a Brach Gem.

I've been using a Brachydios light bowgun which needed one of these to upgrade to Rarity 6 (under the name "demolition gun" which is just plain badass) which would unlock some more rounds which were more damaging than the ones I've been using, give me the ability to remove the limiter (essentially allowing you to load all your ammo at the same time at the cost of speed and efficiency) and generally give the gun's overall strength a boost. I've been farming for one for three fucking days and I finally got one of them just yesterday. Not really an ownage since all I needed to do was keep praying to RNGesus and hope that I finally got one, but the feeling of satisfaction is still there.

Also, it glows orange now. That's cool.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6256 on: June 22, 2016, 05:27:46 pm »

Made a Footman's Shield.

Spoiler: What that requires (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6257 on: June 22, 2016, 06:56:09 pm »

Today, I captured two goblins by accident. They were part of a raiding party that was passing through, and their comrades left them behind. Except one.

One goblin scaled the 10-z tall cliff to my pastures, the only way in to the fortress. He made it up completely unnoticed all by his lonesome, apparently trying to path to his friends armed with a shortsword. He was then immediately stomped to death by a common sheep.

All hail the sheep. He owned today.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6258 on: June 23, 2016, 08:54:54 am »

Holy hell.

Just completed a "haul jet engine X to altitude Y at speed Z" contract in KSP.
I managed this by strapping the jet between 4 SRBs and launching it like a rocket.

How is this an own you ask?
I lost my right wing when I decoupled the boosters.
I then managed to complete the contract with a stricken craft AND THEN FLEW IT SAFELY INTO THE SEA.
Most of the mission was spent using the remaining wing as the most oversized tailplane ever while relying on the ACTUAL tailplanes and the jet's gimbal to keep altitude. There was much skimming at 90 m/s right above the water hoping it would keep flying long enough to slow down, and it did.

Valentina did NOT die this day, and now has the record for "most kerbal landing yet"

Kerbal Space Program, naturally.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6259 on: June 26, 2016, 07:50:13 am »

The 110th Cadian regiment and the Order of the Ardent Flame were teamed against the Ork Blood Axes and the Black Legion. The map was split into two team-sided halves, with two choke points on either side(one for each teammate on each team). Bolter bitches got to play with the Orks, while we were stuck holding off heretic attacks.

Actually managed to get a decent enough force at my chokepoint that I was able to flank an Ork breakthrough and support the Sisters, then turn my troops right back around and flank a Chaos incursion that tried to take advantage of the troop movement. My whole force was nearly wiped out, but the traitors were pushed back hard enough that I had time to rebuild with several Kasrkin squads, Leman Russ and Thunderer/Laser Destroyer tanks, and a battalion of Basilisk artillery. Not even the daemon-possessed tanks that the heretics had spawned were a match for the armor of the Imperium.

As I was slowly grinding traitors beneath the tracks, I saw that the Sisters of Battle had already punched hard into the Orks' territory, closing in on their base. Even after they lost their main settlement, there was a Big Mek that managed to keep fighting for several minutes.

I stopped outside the Black Legion's main base, shelling it with artillery. While I probably could have charged forth and burned it to the ground, I built up instead so I could deploy a titan, just for giggles.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #6260 on: June 26, 2016, 09:00:00 pm »

Wow, Arthur should have come to La-Mulana cause The Holy Grail was right here the whole time!
It kinda makes me wonder what I'll find next if The Holy Grail was only 40 minutes into the game...

La-Mulana Remake

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6261 on: June 26, 2016, 10:19:47 pm »

Whoops wrong thread.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 02:08:38 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6262 on: June 27, 2016, 12:18:24 am »

3-on-3 pubs.

My team won 18-0

Rocket League
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #6263 on: June 27, 2016, 01:38:09 pm »

It only took 70 shurikens, but the first boss of La-Mulana is defeated!  Now, to tackle the second area...

La-Mulana Remake

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6264 on: June 27, 2016, 08:08:31 pm »

My Froslass, whom I named La Saia, entered into the Master Rank Toughness Contest Spectacular. The Toughness division of the Contest Spectacular is generally dominated by bulky Fighting- and Normal-type Pokemon and moves.

La Saia got pretty good marks compared to her opponents. The fourth turn had them all except La Saia making some silly moves, setting her up for the final turn where she pulled off a Special Talent while simultaneously blocking the next-highest scorer from acting via Torment. Final scoreboard showed her score bar all the full(which always happens for the winner, if I recall), while the next highest scorer - the Slaking I blocked in the last turn - showing about 75%-80% full, a significant lead.

All those Fighting- and Normal-types, and they couldn't touch her. ;)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6265 on: June 28, 2016, 04:59:35 am »

I managed to create a successful helicopter insertion and subsequent urban siege in the editor, with no prior experience.

The editor is pretty scary at first and the abstracted map view makes it literally impossible to place things precisely. However, it's also pretty easy to create some neat troop movements when you have the wiki open.

ARMA, and by extension ARMA II and OFP as they all use the same damn editor with more or less scripting functions.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6266 on: June 28, 2016, 04:55:52 pm »

Was playing Mizzix EDH and managed to fly under the radar for most of the game. I was sitting to the right of the control player (we play clockwise) so I usually didn't have to worry about counters. The board got wiped a lot and even the Kaalia player didn't get much board presence. Then I revealed a Mizzix's Mastery on the top of my deck with Melek, Izzet Paragon and suddenly I was the only player with any creatures (because I stole them all).

This is why I love playing Mizzix. When the deck works, it works beautifully.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6267 on: June 29, 2016, 03:06:44 am »

Man, this game is easy with a double digit frame rate.

Dark Souls. Well, not easy per se but a lot more so than with single figures. :P

Took down whatever that giant armoured boar is bloodlessly. By standing on the bridge above it and shooting it in the armoured (?) rump for massive damage. Easy game!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 08:10:08 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6268 on: June 29, 2016, 11:28:03 am »

You won't have as much luck with the next one.
Also,
What did I do? What did he say? What? I made some brouzof during the process, though, so this is a victory.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6269 on: June 29, 2016, 01:17:45 pm »

I made some brouzof
Divine Cybermancy is so good.

You gain Brozouf
You gain Brozouf
You gain Brozouf