Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1273921 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6300 on: July 06, 2016, 12:44:00 pm »

I was trying to recruit a monster for some Jolly Cooperation pokemon style.
Quote from: The conversation(paraphrased)
Griffon: ME HUNGRY! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
Me: "Eat yourself."
Griffon: THAT GOOD IDEA! *nom*
Griffon: ......
Griffon: AWOOOOOOON!
*griffon dies*

My goal was to recruit it not kill it, but I should probably revise my recruiting checklist to make sure my candidates are smarter than a pineapple.   After all, a pineapple is smart enough not to eat itself.

Megaten 4
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6301 on: July 06, 2016, 12:50:20 pm »

Demon negotiation is confusing.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6302 on: July 06, 2016, 02:32:52 pm »

So, I'm fighting Ornstein and smough and I've got a build Which hasn't hit its goal point yet, so I'm kind of a weak fighter (besides crossbow hits) once I run out of lightning spears. I kited the two golems at the entrance to death by plunge attack on the stairs and I've got solaire with me, and we managed to kill smough easily enough before sol lost half his health. At this point, I'm out of sunlight spears, so I have to use my crossbow and PRAY that solaire doesn't go down. Well, solaire went down thanks to dunkstein's thunderass, and I managed to get off only a few more shots with the crossbow after that, spending the rest of the time getting impaled between strikes from my weak-ass winged spear. At this point, I'm' hurt, out of estus, and being pressured to hell. Then I notice ornstein's only got a sliver of health, so I rush in for the kill. I swing and get hit hard, thinking that's it for me, but that tiny hit was enough to kill him and I'm left with just 17 hp and no estus, victorious and ready to cap off this build by crafting the dragons layer spear. Words cannot describe how amazed I was.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 04:04:33 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6303 on: July 06, 2016, 02:37:48 pm »

So, I'm fighting Ornstein and smough and I've got a build Which hasn't hit its goal point yet, so I'm kind of a weak fighter (besides crossbow hits) once I run out of lightning spears. I kited the two golems at the entrance to death by plunge attack on the stairs and I've got solaire with me, and we managed to kill smough easily enough before sol lost half his health. At this point, I'm out of sunlight spears, so I have to use my crossbow and PRAY that solaire doesn't go down. Well, solaire went down, and I managed to get off only a few more shots with the crossbow after that, spending the rest of the time getting impaled between strikes from my weak-ass winged spear. At this point, I'm' hurt, out of estus, and being pressured to hell. Then I notice ornstein's only got a sliver of health, so I rush in for the kill. I swing and get hit hard, thinking that's it for me, but that tiny hit was enough to kill him and I'm left with just 17 hp and no estus, victorious and ready to cap off this build by crafting the dragons layer spear. Words cannot describe how amazed I was.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...out of curiosity, how high are your STR and DEX?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6304 on: July 06, 2016, 04:03:04 pm »

In that order, 20ish and 25. It was passable against the Berenike knight in the painted world of Ariamis (which I like to refer to as the painful world of anal rammus)
 But short of plunge attacks it couldn't beat those cleric golems before they heal themselves. Maybe it's just because I was too fat to get around the shields in time, but either way, even at +10, it just didn't get through fatboy and slim's armor well.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 09:30:09 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: July 06, 2016, 04:39:44 pm »

In that order, 20ish and 25. It was passable against the Berenike knight in the painted world of Ariamis (which I like to refer to as the painful world of anal rammus)
 But short of plunge attacks it couldn't beat those cleric golems before they heal themselves. Maybe it's just because I was too far to get around the shields in time, but either way, even at +10, it just didn't get through fatboy and slim's armor well.
Dunno why your damage is so low, then. Spears aren't exactly the strongest weapons around, but they SHOULD be dealing alright damage with those stats in theory. 334 AR according to Mugenmonkey, in fact.
It's probably your damage type, tbh.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6306 on: July 06, 2016, 04:46:31 pm »

>leveling dex
Black lives matter.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6307 on: July 06, 2016, 07:59:03 pm »

>leveling dex
Not to start a flame war, but dex builds get crazy damage if balanced right, plus the weapons you'll be using will be gold pine resin-able and bows will lay down insane damage at range with basically no ammo limit. Plus, small shields (buckler especially) absolutely shit on big slow str weapons. Get riposted, giantdads. Oh, and then there's extra crit damage on rapiers and daggers!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6308 on: July 06, 2016, 08:24:41 pm »

i know, i was overusing an overused meme about dex being shit
Black lives matter.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6309 on: July 06, 2016, 09:09:11 pm »

God dammit, I should've known that!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6310 on: July 07, 2016, 08:10:08 pm »

Played using the "Zorro" playstyle, made by "Senor Zorro."

I actually did pretty well on Break Bad, even though I was still getting killed frequently.

Fistful of Frags.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 10:07:44 pm by AzyWng »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6311 on: July 07, 2016, 08:13:54 pm »

Brass Beast heavy in Mann v. Machine. Maxed out fire rate and ammunition capacity with two ranks of penetration. Awesome support medic kept me at ~750 health most of the time, while keeping the rest of the team alive and raising anybody who went down. He was using the Kritzkrieg. For the majority of the game, the killfeed was full of critical brass beast kills, with one life alone bringing me up to 90 kills.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6312 on: July 07, 2016, 10:08:10 pm »

Brass Beast heavy in Mann v. Machine. Maxed out fire rate and ammunition capacity with two ranks of penetration. Awesome support medic kept me at ~750 health most of the time, while keeping the rest of the team alive and raising anybody who went down. He was using the Kritzkrieg. For the majority of the game, the killfeed was full of critical brass beast kills, with one life alone bringing me up to 90 kills.

Was this before or after the change in how the damage reduction works?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6313 on: July 07, 2016, 10:09:14 pm »

Before the most recent update, just this morning.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6314 on: July 08, 2016, 02:32:02 pm »

* Arx quietly fistpumps.

Finally killed that son of a succubus. Standing on top of the arch plugging it with fire arrows felt really good. As did hacking its knees out. As did looting that damn key to the depths.

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 708