Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274507 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6315 on: July 08, 2016, 03:14:08 pm »

enjoy the gaping dragon
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: July 08, 2016, 10:22:05 pm »

But gaping Dragon is way easier. 95% of the fight can be summarized as 'Don't stand in front of the giant dragon, you moron'. The fight is far less bullshit than the Kappa Demon. Just like almost all boss fights which don't involve more than one enemy to deal with.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: July 08, 2016, 10:37:42 pm »

But gaping Dragon is way easier. 95% of the fight can be summarized as 'Don't stand in front of the giant dragon, you moron'. The fight is far less bullshit than the Kappa Demon. Just like almost all boss fights which don't involve more than one enemy to deal with.
You can also engage in jolly cooperation with your favorite sunbro and his asshole friend, which helps a lot.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6318 on: July 09, 2016, 01:06:21 pm »

Got off to a bad start, with two lives lost in Stage 2 and 3 to mooks. Dunked Hong with no bombs[Which I still can't do to CIRNO] and got through the hell that is Stage 4 with only a few bombs used. Patchouli was her usual attrition-incarnate self and I ended up at Stage 5 with only one extra life. My hands promptly spasmed me into another mook, costing me another life. And here the *own* commences. I wrecked mid-boss KNOIFE MAID[Which is where my games like this usually end] with only one bomb used and got to the end of the stage, after losing a life and two bombs to jitterfingers and mooks. So I'm facing Sakuya[Hardest boss in the game] with no lives, one bomb and hands vibrating from stress and excitement. I then proceed to not only dodge her every move perfectly, but also get a new high score in the process. I did die to her final Spell Card, mainly because I was looking at my score and waiting for it to hit six million and give me an extra life and not at her copius knoifes. Turns out, when she uses Marionnette, her knoife redirection doesn't just apply to the knoifes she's JUST shot at you. She can grab a knoife already on the screen[Often from right behind you] and then aim it at your back. Usually I Master Spark through Marionnette, so I'd never noticed that before. I noticed it right after Sakuya remotely backstabbed me in her death throes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6319 on: July 09, 2016, 05:17:10 pm »

Defeated the Gleaming Society at level 10 on normal difficulty. Many confusions spells were cast.

Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: July 09, 2016, 10:05:56 pm »

After over week's worth of effort, culminating in roughly ~8 hours of grinding today, I reached legend rank. And with less than two days remaining in the season! Now to not touch PvP for another month.  :D

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6321 on: July 10, 2016, 01:33:43 pm »

Gaapdraak down. That was actually really easy once I stopped getting slapped by new moves I hadn't seen before. And once I started using Gold Resin. And you know what that means? I can switch off hard mode, because now I can afford a Purging Stone! Sorry, whoever you were. Seems a shame, but I guess you're already dead.

Also, +8 Longsword. Mmm. Delicious violence. Delicious efficient violence.

But hard mode continues because I'm still leveling dex. :P

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: July 10, 2016, 01:40:12 pm »

>not broadsword
Black lives matter.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: July 10, 2016, 01:47:00 pm »

If you are going with dex, you are better off with things like an estoc or rapier.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6324 on: July 10, 2016, 01:50:40 pm »

If you are going with dex, you are better off with things like an estoc or rapier.

I know, the movesets just don't work for me for some reason. Probably not even a rational one.

It also grinds my gears that they chose the estoc of all thrusting swords to slash as well. It doesn't even have an edge. A rapier would make much more sense.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6325 on: July 10, 2016, 02:10:12 pm »

As far as Dex builds go, Falchion apparently makes everything easy mode. So get yourself the Falchion in the area you're heading to next (it's somewhere near the bottom, don't remember exactly where and I'm trying to avoid spoilers so I'm not being specific anyway). Buff it, two-hand it (unless you need to parry), and R1 spam your way to the end of the game.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #6326 on: July 10, 2016, 06:19:53 pm »

5 kills and lived. T-70 Mastery:ace tanker get.
World of tanks

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6327 on: July 10, 2016, 08:02:26 pm »

The lag on the Falchion is absolutely disgusting until you're used to it, and that will be a while.
Black lives matter.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6328 on: July 11, 2016, 01:53:50 am »

I'm playing the Guild II Renaissance and my dynasty is based out of a small town with much larger towns to the north and south. In the dead of the night I send a fleet of ox carts to buy up all the wood and charcoal in both neighboring towns. While that's going on a bunch of prostitutes from my little corner of the world show up in the market places and start offering free samples of spiked booze. Then suddenly there's two explosions, the woodcutters shacks that supply all of the wood and charcoal on the map are firebombed and everybody in a position to care is stumbling around drunk. I capture both shacks and instead of having them sell their products I set up trade routes to have all of the goodness stored in a warehouse guarded by axe wielding maniacs. The regional economy now belongs to me.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6329 on: July 11, 2016, 07:41:45 am »

shot from offscreen

shot by an enemy hiding under a bush i didnt know you could pass through

decided to take a melee weapon to the next stage which was filled with fat guys

level with 500000 dogs and just as many guns as every other level in this game

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 708