Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1275102 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6330 on: July 11, 2016, 08:08:28 am »

While the style & storytelling is still there, Hotline2 really failed on many of the gameplay aspects that made the first great.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6331 on: July 11, 2016, 08:37:18 am »

wait wrong thread whoops.

anyway, fuck this level. how can anybody even think up a level wherein the only way to progress is guarded by another, window-separated room with two gun enemies. IN THE LEVEL THAT YOU CAN ONLY PLAY AS TONY. WHY

the worst fucking part is, i cant quit unless i want to replay every other shitty level that came before in this act later.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: July 11, 2016, 05:13:52 pm »

Shot my way through a crappy fanfic, killing Nyteblayde with a shotgun round to the balls. Given how things went, I'd say that's a fitting end.

Then I declared the crappy fanfic to be canon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: July 12, 2016, 02:55:19 am »

I still died, but I consider it a win.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6334 on: July 12, 2016, 03:06:42 am »

JFC blaze, you ALWAYS forget the game name, so:

Black lives matter.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6335 on: July 12, 2016, 08:02:09 am »

Killed Quelaag on my second try, easily. The only reason I didn't get her on my first try was not having large arrows on me. Thanks to leveling dex, my righteous +3 longbow has made huge chunks of Blighttown easy.

Minor own: It feels good to headshot a running target at long range.

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: July 12, 2016, 08:11:00 am »

Casual Matchmaking takes an irritatingly long time to find an actual match. Eh, Valve'll improve on it soon enough... in Valve Time...

At any rate, the system seems to prefer putting players into matches that are starting as opposed to matches already going on. Several members of our own team, during the match (KOTH Harvest) wound up getting disconnected due to inactivity. Things degraded into a 6-12. I was the Medic, so I was dying especially quickly under the combined fire of up to six people at once.

Then one of the good players went Heavy.

We won the next round, and thus the match.

Team Fortress 2. I think the thing I dislike the most/would want to change the most about Meet your Match is the long waiting times. Obviously, I'd want to make them shorter.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6337 on: July 12, 2016, 09:43:01 am »

Then I declared the crappy fanfic to be canon.

You forgot the best part: the fanfic is canon and the author is now THE ONLY AUTHOR who can write canon for the series.
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6338 on: July 12, 2016, 02:34:37 pm »

I still died, but I consider it a win.
JFC blaze, you ALWAYS forget the game name
Pretty sure the game is Blacksea Odyssey.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6339 on: July 12, 2016, 08:01:31 pm »

A man chooses. A slave obeys. A player beats the game.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #6340 on: July 12, 2016, 08:27:15 pm »

won a game as Galio top against a Sion.

Today was a good day.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: July 12, 2016, 11:03:12 pm »

Not how I LAST owned, but I just remembered this epicness...

A dragon accosted my fortress and began snacking on some livestock, eventually the militia resolved to head out in force. They started out well enough, but as they rounded the corner they were awestruck and terrified by the beast and milled around in a loose shield formation, eventually, the captain (who was the only without a shield) charged forth into a wave of dragon fire, no one could see him and it was impossible to see if he was alive or dead. The smoke hung in the air, and the dragon let out a horrendous wail, out of the smoke walked a figure, the captain took one step in to full view and fell over dead, the flesh melted from his bones. Upon further inspection, it was found that the Captain had apparently ran up to the dragon through it's fire and left his sword impaled in the Dragon's head before stumbling away, killing it. What a dwarf.

DF2012
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6342 on: July 12, 2016, 11:35:05 pm »

Managed to get top score in a game of Doom 4 team deathmatch. 

I'm not sure how I did it, I did get demon once, but historically that's not enough for me to kick ass and take names on the scoreboard, or even get above a .99 K/D usually.  I didn't get any major powerups except for the odd full health+armor globe.  I did kill the enemy demon twice, once with a glory kill, but I don't think that's worth more points than just killing a player in team deathmatch.  And I do recall spending a whole lot of time with high armor, but that was probably just a side effect of winning fights, as full armor is hardly a guarantee I'm gunna win a duel.

And I did it all with frag grenades, a vortex rifle, and a combat shotgun.  A loadout that I'm informed 'blows' in an objective-less gametype.

I'm not sure if everyone ragequit and I was the only one who did not and the match just got filled back up or if I was suddenly channeling young me from my Doom2 multiplayer days.  It increased my average K/D from 0.8 to 0.9.

Doom4
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: July 13, 2016, 12:40:22 am »

This was quite a while ago but since it's DF related I think it'll slide

It was my first fort in Masterwork DF. It was going well until 2(!) Balrogs entered the fort through the mines. I managed to lock the trapdoor leading to them, except for two things: One of them got through, and there was someone still in the mines with the other.

The one that got through killed the majority of my Militia post-humously. It set fire to my wood stockpile, which they were in... yeah. Not much of an own there besides killing it.

The own was when I went to check on the other one, presumably having killed the miner and now wandering. Except the miner was still alive, just fine and continuing to mine the gold I'd marked earlier, and the balrog wasn't moving. I looked at it and it had a lot of broken things. I looked for combat logs but couldn't find any, but the only dwarf in the mines was that miner...

Masterwork Dwarf Fortress. Sometime in 2014 I think.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: July 13, 2016, 06:55:44 am »

I defeated my first-ever large monster, the Great Jaggi! It was quite a battle, probably owing to the fact that I totally botched almost every bit of it. At least I managed to nail it with a paintball, which saved a lot of time I would have otherwise spent looking for it.

I'm still not convinced that 'jaggi' isn't some sort of horrific racial slur.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 708