Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1259956 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6345 on: July 13, 2016, 06:59:55 am »

Great Jaggi is the easiest monster in the game, by the way :P

Also, you picked a bad time to get into the game, Generations comes out tomorrow :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: July 13, 2016, 07:07:18 am »

It's my fate. I got the original DS Lite shortly before they announced the 3DS, and original XBox the year the 360 came out. I'm not terribly bothered by it, I can always play single player and none of the friends that I'd want to do multiplayer with have any interest in Monster Hunter anyway.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: July 13, 2016, 07:14:39 am »

but they've been advertising Generations for a while and it's on the same system :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: July 13, 2016, 07:15:33 am »

But I don't want generations and I have no attachment to Monster Hunter as a series and MH4U was cheaper than Generations will be and I didn't even know that I was going to have a 3DS until like two days ago
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: July 13, 2016, 07:18:37 am »

Fair point. I'm sure there will be people in a similar position to play with online if you don't mind randoms.
Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: July 13, 2016, 01:56:26 pm »

Running through Darkroot Garden when suddenly I'm invaded. Immediately I panic, since my earlier experiences with PvP were not exactly stellar. Lots of dying and backstabs before eking out a victory. Being a squishy wizard I put away my magic longsword and pull out my wand as soon as I spot the guy. He's got some kind of katana and a Grass Crest Shield (which I'm also sporting for obvious reasons). After a few soul spears that he rolled under I pulled out my magic longsword since he was getting too close. As I attack he turns around or something, for suddenly I'm backstabbing him. Obviously this doesn't finish him off, not by a long shot, but suddenly he's down to half health while I'm at full have plenty of flasks. The Grass Crest Shield has 95 physical block (which his katana deals) and only 42 magic block (which is half of what my magic longsword deals). The next few minutes was pretty much the two of us rolling around and launching quick attacks. I was doing chip damage to him while he was doing almost nothing. I got backstabbed once, but in the end he couldn't stop me from widdling down the rest of his health bar.

Needless to say, I immediately get the fuck out of dodge after I grabbed the souls he left behind.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: July 14, 2016, 12:27:50 am »

Welp, I've officially done the weirdest thing I've ever done with rope in a video game.

I was supposed to build a suspension bridge that would allow a boat under it.  Instead I built this:
Those two brown things near the bottom of the supports?  Rope.  With just the metal and wood, both those supports would tear in half down the middle.  But with a single long line of rope each its A-OK.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: July 14, 2016, 12:31:31 am »

supporting a bridge with tensile force is hardly "weird"
Black lives matter.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6353 on: July 14, 2016, 01:57:33 am »

I mentioned suspension bridges, clearly I know that.

Its the specific way, and the material, that was odd.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: July 14, 2016, 02:30:57 am »

;-;
Black lives matter.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6355 on: July 14, 2016, 02:50:06 am »

Running through Darkroot Garden when suddenly I'm invaded. Immediately I panic, since my earlier experiences with PvP were not exactly stellar. Lots of dying and backstabs before eking out a victory. Being a squishy wizard I put away my magic longsword and pull out my wand as soon as I spot the guy. He's got some kind of katana and a Grass Crest Shield (which I'm also sporting for obvious reasons). After a few soul spears that he rolled under I pulled out my magic longsword since he was getting too close. As I attack he turns around or something, for suddenly I'm backstabbing him. Obviously this doesn't finish him off, not by a long shot, but suddenly he's down to half health while I'm at full have plenty of flasks. The Grass Crest Shield has 95 physical block (which his katana deals) and only 42 magic block (which is half of what my magic longsword deals). The next few minutes was pretty much the two of us rolling around and launching quick attacks. I was doing chip damage to him while he was doing almost nothing. I got backstabbed once, but in the end he couldn't stop me from widdling down the rest of his health bar.

Needless to say, I immediately get the fuck out of dodge after I grabbed the souls he left behind.

DS's backstabs are... odd. I'm not sure, but they may be calculated off weapon position or something. Every now and then, you kind of warp around and backstab.

If you ever get invaded by an Arx, that's probably me!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: July 14, 2016, 05:12:06 am »

Yeah. Even in PvE backstabs are pretty weird. I can't seem to land them consistantly, unless I snuck up on the enemy or something. I do know that there's a technique for getting them in PvP all the time (because I've been on the receiving end of it), but I don't think I'll ever learn it. Seems way to cheesy to me.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6357 on: July 14, 2016, 05:36:37 am »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: July 14, 2016, 05:47:48 am »

Yeah. Even in PvE backstabs are pretty weird. I can't seem to land them consistantly, unless I snuck up on the enemy or something. I do know that there's a technique for getting them in PvP all the time (because I've been on the receiving end of it), but I don't think I'll ever learn it. Seems way to cheesy to me.
It's pretty simple, actually. Your back and front don't actually move when doing swings and the like, so even if it looks like you are turning sideways for an attack, you aren't. Same applies to all players and npcs.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6359 on: July 14, 2016, 06:58:06 am »

is there any game where backstabs aren't weird?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 708