Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1275119 times)

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6375 on: July 14, 2016, 09:53:18 pm »

07/15/16

The day that greatorder implied mutant robo sex and caused brainbleach application.

Better.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: July 14, 2016, 09:56:21 pm »

15/07/16

The day that A Thing unnecessarily corrected the date formatting of someone who is not from the same country as themselves.
:P
Black lives matter.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: July 14, 2016, 09:59:18 pm »

You're both wrong.

It's still July 14th.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: July 14, 2016, 10:00:27 pm »

Timezones how do they work
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: July 14, 2016, 10:03:34 pm »

15/07/16

The day that hector13 unnecessarily corrected the declaration of what date it is by someone who is not from the same timezone as themselves.
Black lives matter.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: July 14, 2016, 10:14:18 pm »

Timezones how do they work

Wrong if I'm not in it, obviously :P
15/07/16

The day that hector13 unnecessarily corrected the declaration of what date it is by someone who is not from the same timezone as themselves.

It was a necessary correction!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: July 14, 2016, 10:18:44 pm »

No
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6382 on: July 16, 2016, 07:59:41 pm »

Built a not-stupid elevated highway this time around. Goods from the farm district off to one side of it have pretty much unhampered access to the outside world from it, and it does lead to a few high-volume avenues, one to a large residential/commercial area, the other right to the factory district. Traffic congestion is extraordinarily light and flows well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
Spoiler: Spoke too soon. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 07:41:24 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: July 17, 2016, 03:18:34 pm »

I was playing a three-man YGO match against my cousin and his friend. The friend helped me eliminate my cousin so it was just the two of us with rapidly dwindling health (and in my case, deck). The only card on my field is Bottomless Trap Hole.
He has Raiza the Storm Monarch and Eidos the Underworld Squire down, so I place Neo Spacian Granmole and get rid of Raiza when he attacks, taking the 800 damage from Eidos and have 1600 LP left (the friend has 1400). On my turn I draw Card Trooper, so I discard 3 of my five cards left and attack Eidos for 1100 pierce damage.

His turn, he places Raiza again. Bottomless Trap Hole, victory.
Black lives matter.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6384 on: July 17, 2016, 03:44:13 pm »

Defeated the Cyberdemon on Ultra-Violence. Holy crap, that bastard is hard.

DOOM (2016)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6385 on: July 17, 2016, 04:10:32 pm »

Defeated the Cyberdemon on Ultra-Violence. Holy crap, that bastard is hard.

DOOM (2016)

Protip: To defeat the Cyberdemon, shoot it until it dies!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6386 on: July 17, 2016, 05:42:13 pm »

bfel001: Decided to go full retard and see how it would be to go angler hunting without a dino.
bfel001: Rode my ptera out above the deep crevice and jumped in
bfel001: No megalodons to be seen, good sign there
bfel001: Dove down as far as I could go, started looking around, getting my bearings
bfel001: Then I see something swimming towards me. Panic set in as I thought a megaladon had found me.
bfel001: NOPE it was my prey, the legendary anglerfish!
bfel001: But there was a problem
bfel001: It wasn't alone.
bfel001: Suddenly I was swarmed by anglers, like their brethren the piranha, they attack in groups it seems
BigD145: they are not alone
bfel001: But my 300% melee damage and my 145% pike prevailed!
bfel001: After a protracted battle, I murdered one of the beasties and harvested it for parts
bfel001: BUT THEN, MY STAMINA RAN OUT
bfel001: SUDDENLY I COULDN'T MOVE WITH ANY HASTE WHATSOEVER
BigD145: always fun when swimming
bfel001: surrounded by angler my only hope was to get back to my ptera with the salvaged goodies
bfel001: So I rose as quickly as my stricken condition allowed, finally my head peaked above the surface
bfel001: Where was my ptera?
bfel001: I couldn't find her
bfel001: The anglers started to get hits in
bfel001: BAF
bfel001: My health was nearly gone, when I saw her
bfel001: In the distance
bfel001: At the very edge of visual range
bfel001: So I did the only thing I could
bfel001: I fired my grappling hook, hoping for a miracle
bfel001: But a miracle wasn't needed, FOR MY AIM WAS TRUE
bfel001: I began skidding faster and faster along the surface as I reeled in to her
bfel001: Safe, I hopped upon her back, scarfed what food I had to heal myself, and headed home

Ark: Survival Evolved
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: July 18, 2016, 11:09:39 am »

My fortress got sieged the other day. I've never really had to deal with a siege before, since this is the first fort that I've actually been able to keep going for a long enough time to reach the necessary population. There were only ten goblins without any war animals or anything, which is leagues smaller than the sieges in DF that I had heard about from other players, so I sent all the civilians inside, waited until the goblins were knocking on the door, then sent the guard out to deal with them. Until a short while before this, my fortress' militia consisted solely of a few miners / peasants, so after acquiring a guard with proper weapons and shit, meager though they were, I was pretty confident that they could deal with absolutely anything. This turned out not to be the case, the goblins slaughtering them effortlessly as they struggled to land even a single hit. After the guard had been completely destroyed, they proceeded inside unhindered and started killing random people. I ended up having to savescum to before they got to the doors, sent absolutely everyone inside, and then built a wall to barricade the front door so I could wait them out. After the siege finally retreated, The trade caravan for that year notified me that The Lucky Monster had been conquering fortresses everywhere. Sure enough, they were the ones who attacked me. I'm assuming they're at war with our civilization, but when I embarked it never said anything about that.

A long time (I wasn't keeping track of how long) passed, and the fortress guard got plenty of training as well as a second squad dedicated solely to archers. The citizens of Dragonsouls lived a peaceful, prosperous life, but everything changed when The Lucky Monster attacked. Again. I looked at the unit list as soon as I got the alert, and there were only six guys. Suspicious, I sent everyone except the guards inside again, waited a few moments, took another look at the unit list, and there were a good 60 invaders decked out in iron equipment, with trolls and beakdogs mixed in. Comparing that to my 10 meelee units with leather armor and copper weapons and 7 archers with bone  crossbows and no armor, I figured I was completely fucked. I placed another wall / barricade behind the guard barracks (which was also the entrance) though I knew that when the trolls got past the guard, they would easily be able to break through it and nothing else would be left protecting the people of Dragonsouls. I positioned the guards just behind the front door with the archers a little further behind  them and prepared for them to make their last stand.

As the first goblin entered the door, he was immediately, relentlessly attacked. As he attempted to strike one of the axedwarves who parried every attack, he received a surprise stab in the leg from one of the speardwarves, fell over and then was chopped to pieces. My guys had spent a lot of time training and defending the fortress from cavern creatures, so they were a lot more skilled than before, and a couple of them had steel weapons that I had traded for, so I figured it made sense that they could take on one goblin at a time as a team, though I also figured that the rest of the battle would not go so well should they take on all the rest of the enemies at once. As if they could read my thoughts and saw this as an insult, every one of them charged outside and took the enemy horde head on.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The guard split up and began to tear up the enemy forces faster than they could advance. One by one, they all slew beakdog, goblin and troll alike despite their inferior equipment and numbers. As the battle raged on, some grew tired and injured, a few even having bones broken, but still they fought and defeated the enemy. Soon enough, the attacking force had been reduced to about four goblins, who survived only because they ran for their mothers before they had a chance to be killed as well. My forces took a grand total of two casualties, one of which I shouldn't be counting since he was just a marksdwarf who chose to rush into and melee attack an enemy despite having plenty of bolts. Though some others were injured, none of the injuries in question sounded permanent thanks to the doctor. I am currently in the process of having adamantine weapons created for them, that they might become invincible.

Dwarf Fortress

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6388 on: July 18, 2016, 02:04:03 pm »

Punched Satan in the face.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6389 on: July 18, 2016, 03:14:12 pm »

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 708