Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274098 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7380 on: April 08, 2017, 10:20:57 pm »

Got a 17 killstreak and had around 300 notoriety using a Mare's Leg and Peacemaker combo.

Why don't more people play this game, anyway? It's fun and it's free... Shameless advertising but still.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7381 on: April 08, 2017, 10:47:19 pm »

Why don't more people play this game, anyway? It's fun and it's free...

The game came out a while ago, most of the players who were interested in it already got their fill. Also, development on it has stopped so there isn't anything new to look forward to.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7382 on: April 09, 2017, 10:16:05 am »

Also, development on it has stopped so there isn't anything new to look forward to.

?

When I first looked at the game, it had only multiplayer and the game mostly tossed you into the match with no idea what to do or how to play.

Now, there's a singleplayer tutorial on how to effectively use Fof's handguns. It wasn't there before.

I'd say there's still a few updates in the game yet. While there isn't anything official that shows up on the game's news feed, the game does receive regular updates.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7383 on: April 09, 2017, 07:59:39 pm »

Oh, didn't know about that.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7384 on: April 11, 2017, 07:53:01 pm »

Not quite sure if it really counts but...

Mounted the first gravity cannon onto my battleship. This first required completely redesigning the entire cannon for size and shortening the projectile. The end result no longer punches deep holes in heavy armor, though the potential is still there somewhat. Next, I had to use a projector to weld it in, since trying to paste the blueprint wouldn't fit. Main downside is now the gravity bleed from the back of the cannon into the rest of the ship, some of which hits the bridge. This should be fixable by playing with the field sizes a bit.

One installed, 15 more to go. And the first one only took nearly an hour!

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7385 on: April 12, 2017, 12:52:04 pm »

Not quite sure if it really counts but...

Mounted the first gravity cannon onto my battleship. This first required completely redesigning the entire cannon for size and shortening the projectile. The end result no longer punches deep holes in heavy armor, though the potential is still there somewhat. Next, I had to use a projector to weld it in, since trying to paste the blueprint wouldn't fit. Main downside is now the gravity bleed from the back of the cannon into the rest of the ship, some of which hits the bridge. This should be fixable by playing with the field sizes a bit.

One installed, 15 more to go. And the first one only took nearly an hour!

If you include sensors and a gyro in the projectile they can home in on target when they experience a near-miss
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7386 on: April 12, 2017, 02:01:08 pm »

Through shouts of "FRONT TOWARDS THE ENEMY YOU IDIOT! FRONT TOWARDS THE ENEMY!" and "No! Jesus! Save the Sherman! Save the Sherman!" I managed to actually win a skirmish, I am starting to consistently win skirmishes, now.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7387 on: April 12, 2017, 04:55:00 pm »

If you include sensors and a gyro in the projectile they can home in on target when they experience a near-miss

The bullets have no propulsion of their own, only an artificial mass and a battery. And a guidance system wouldn't really fit without stripping the actual damage-dealing part(two blast-door blocks on each side). In fact I'm a little surprised that the welders can actually reach the entire bullet.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #7388 on: April 12, 2017, 05:04:05 pm »

Main downside is now the gravity bleed from the back of the cannon into the rest of the ship, some of which hits the bridge. This should be fixable by playing with the field sizes a bit.
I'm now imagining some redshirt standing a little too close to the back of the gravity cannon, and getting smooshed into the wall when it fires.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7389 on: April 12, 2017, 05:10:52 pm »

The bullets have no propulsion of their own, only an artificial mass and a battery. And a guidance system wouldn't really fit without stripping the actual damage-dealing part(two blast-door blocks on each side). In fact I'm a little surprised that the welders can actually reach the entire bullet.

If you park a gravity generator on the actual bullet, you solve the problem of gravity leaking into your ship (the field only has to touch the mass, and a smaller field drastically reduces power cost) and ensure that it will continue to exert forward force until it is completely demolished.

Sorry to barge in with advice.  :P
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7390 on: April 13, 2017, 09:10:38 am »

Playing Mercy, trying to fly to our Pharah to give her a damage boost. She ults and gets sniped immediately, half a heatbeat later I accidently end up getting nanoboosted.
So I did what every Mercy would do when nano'd in the middle of the enemy team, I started pewpewing. Ended up killing Reaper and Zenyatta with my gun and cherry tapping their Orisa with a punch, then finished with a tripple rez.
Was PotG to everyones lulz and surprise, tried to save the replay and ended up getting the bug when the replay only shows a wall and no sound (screw you Blizz).

Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7391 on: April 13, 2017, 03:04:17 pm »

I defeated the final boss in IJi 1.7
Does anyone else think the final boss looks like it's from paper Mario?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7392 on: April 13, 2017, 10:41:50 pm »

There's something moderately satisfying about jumping a warfleet right out of hyper literally on top of an enemy fleet of equivalent force, and proceeding to absolutely shred it to pieces without losing a single ship.  11.2 warscore out of a single battle is always a pleasant feeling, though not quite on the same level as pre-patch Victoria 2.

Spoiler: The game above (click to show/hide)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7393 on: April 14, 2017, 12:03:09 am »

I've made another push to try to get into EU4. I got tired of the rather boring Byzantine cleanup in the Ottomans' start, so I decided to try my hand at Castile again. It's going quite well; I've at long last learned how to properly wage a war (i.e., use mercs when you don't have enough men instead of trying to build regiments in the middle of a war) and as such was able to put down the Granadan religious revolts. I managed to use the Castilian Civil War to increase relations with Aragón, nabbing myself a woman heir with which to Iberian Wed when the time comes. France hasn't suddenly decided to act like a maniac like my 1492 start from a few weeks ago and Aragón has been sane this time around. All in all, I'm doing pretty well; these are all pretty weak achievements in the grand scheme of things, but I've finally managed to get a decent game going, and that's more than I could've said in past games. Maybe I'll be able to see this one through to the end.

EU4, in case you missed it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheInquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7394 on: April 14, 2017, 12:18:58 pm »

Despite only receiving two divisions of volunteers from Italy and one from Germany, I was able to crush los Rojos inside of six months. I Took the north almost immediately, and began my push towards Barcelona in order to deprive the commie bastards of a crucial port. In the South, I took Malaga, before finally breaking the back of the rebellion with a quick thrust towards Valencia. ˇCara Al Sol!

Spoiler: El Juego (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 708