Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1275434 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7425 on: April 25, 2017, 10:49:39 am »

It's not even PC, usually.
Yeah, Real Life is a Switch exclusive.
Isn't there an emulator for that, though?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #7426 on: April 25, 2017, 10:55:53 am »

I'll just leave it here...
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: April 25, 2017, 11:14:30 am »

Full-loot PvP.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7428 on: April 25, 2017, 11:15:05 am »

"No Monthly Fee"

Bullshit.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: April 25, 2017, 11:18:23 am »

With Perma-death, massive in-game currency grinding, no save system, massive spawn RNG, no magic system, incredibly expensive crafting for anything worthwhile. Hell, the PvP isn't really even worthwhile. The major factions are so entrenched that it's really difficult to make a difference if you got a bad spawn or picked the wrong race or class- not that you get much of a choice in the matter.

It has its redeeming moments. The romance system is bloody amazing, but I mostly like it for the minigames.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: April 25, 2017, 11:20:13 am »

The soundtrack is pretty great though! There's no way you'll ever hear it all though.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: April 25, 2017, 11:24:08 am »

The graphics are really good too but I tend to get massive lag sometimes, usually around 11pm until my client resets around 7am. And I'm even running it on a 1080 too, wtf nvidia.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: April 25, 2017, 11:31:26 am »

> No monthly fee
Gosh, that would be nice.  I hear you can pirate it, but the DRM is insane.

On-topic, barely but...
Worked my agenda into the Dark Assembly of Hell.  First I lobbied on various unimportant proposals, bribing all the low-level senators who attend such things.  Gradually I worked my way up to the real goal, putting forth a significant amount of resources to get it on the table.

The upper echelons of the Assembly loathed it at first.  But the support of lesser senators, in aggregate, helped.  Careful use of gold bricks convinced the most powerful senators.  Still, there were a lot of unhappy senators left when my bribes ran out...  Fortunately, I also brought chloroform.

The incorruptible white dragons tried to stop me, but I managed to squeak by with a 2% win.
(The proposal was to unseal the legendary Cave of Ordeals.  I'm sure there's nothing to worry about... silly dragons!  (Based on Disgaea 1, it'll contain the secret of true ultimate power.  In a way.))
Disgaea 2

EDIT:  Actually, my frog with three pairs of shoes equipped absolutely owns for clearing item worlds, since he can fly over enemies.  He can even solo low-level guardians pretty safely, though the lack of actual armor makes him fragile.
I just bribed the Dark Assembly into passing a bill that increases his movement LITERALLY up to eleven.
Given enough time, his shoes will fall in love with him, so I'll trade them out.  After 10 pieces of equipment fall in love, he'll get even more speed.
goty
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 02:46:46 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: April 26, 2017, 04:34:19 pm »

At first, I thought you were still talking about OUTSIDE.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: April 26, 2017, 08:00:53 pm »

Using the arrival of what appeared to be a massive pack of blind dogs, pseudodogs, and snorks as a diversion, I was able to attack a combined mercenary/bandit camp without any problem. Most of the bandits were killed by the dogs, and the ones that I killed were too busy crapping themselves over the dogs that they barely registered me shooting them in the face. Most of the dogs were killed by the bandits and anomalies.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Arena battle. I was sent in carrying four grenades, one bandage, and a knife. No armor. My opponent has an advanced assault rifle with underbarrel grenade launcher, an exosuit, and may or may not have been amped up with artifacts. Introduced my OP asshole opponent to the bane of every player of Clear Sky - stealth grenades.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: April 27, 2017, 12:04:26 am »

Murdered all the things, got lots of red items.

I'm still trying to figure out where the extra 2 hours (of, apparently, 4ish) went.

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: April 27, 2017, 12:15:46 am »

I'm still trying to figure out where the extra 2 hours (of, apparently, 4ish) went.

RoR is amazing. How many artifact (modifiers, whatever you want to call them) unlocks do you have?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7437 on: April 27, 2017, 05:09:47 am »

RoR is amazing. How many artifact (modifiers, whatever you want to call them) unlocks do you have?
HOW O_O
I require spoilers to even LIVE past the lava biome thingy. ;~;

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: April 27, 2017, 07:09:15 am »

Most of them except the one that requires a playthrough with all of the artifacts on.

I generally play with Command, Glass, and Kin on.

HOW O_O
I require spoilers to even LIVE past the lava biome thingy. ;~;
See above for artifact loadout, then take Infusion the first green thing you get.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: April 27, 2017, 06:43:47 pm »

-snip-
That ad is bullcrap, the NPCs have horrific AI.

Also, it may be "full PvP", but you have to jump through a bunch of hoops to do any of it. You have to join a specific combat guild if you want to get into a competition fight with nonlethal weapons, and then you can only fight people in the guild, and if you want to engage in lethal PVP you have to join an army guild (stats barrier there too) and get a bunch of stupid cosmetic changes, but you don't even get to choose who you want to fight, the higher-ups in the guild choose for you. If you start any PVP without being in one of these guilds you get banned (temp-ban if you only fight, perma-ban or sometimes account termination if you kill them. There's even an old video you can watch in-game about why this is a bad idea)

Additionally, it's incredibly hard to rise in the ranks if you picked bad traits or optimized your character poorly, outside of a couple of specific areas (I'm told a lot of Erup is pretty good though I haven't been there with my character yet) where there's limits in place to stop people from really, really gimping the system. If you spawn in a high-risk area like Midel-Est or Aufraca you could get killed before you even leave the starting zone, and even then if you go to the wrong places you could get banned or PVP'd because of your character's aesthetic qualities.

These are just a couple of issues. That's not even getting into how long it takes to recover HP (and permanent injuries in an MMO? Seriously?), the broken crafting system (you need a ton of training and skills to even get started), and the really bad combat system (the fights are super short, there's no magic class, and the meta is currently dominated by super-powerful ranged weapons.)

The lore is pretty good, though, and the minigames are probably enough to justify trying it. 6/10, would play again if I had nothing better to do.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 708