Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1275478 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7455 on: April 30, 2017, 10:40:46 am »

Oh, she does now. She just didn't at the time I fought THE HARDEST BOSS IN THE GAME SOLO AND BEAT IT ON MY FIRST TRY WITHOUT EVER SEEING ANYONE FIGHT IT BEFORE OR ANYTHING, GET REKT. :P

Not that it matters; Murakumo's 1-hand R2 is the only thing different from the 2-hand moveset afaik. (Also I think Nameless King is harder, but I seem to be the only one who thinks that.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7456 on: April 30, 2017, 01:03:16 pm »

I think Midir is usually harder because people do things that make other bosses easier but cause him to be more difficult (namely summoning because his defenses are crazy high), but that's still impressive. I just wanted to make a joke. :P

Good job, skeleton.
Black lives matter.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7457 on: April 30, 2017, 01:45:42 pm »

Just defeated Mannfred, the Drakenhof garrison, and a lone Strigoi with Vlad and Isabella on turn 8, uniting Sylvania. Vlad's army was 1516 strong and Isabella's 300 (so 1816), against a grand total of 3005 from Manny, which included high-tier stuff like grave guard.

Vlad's army was himself, 3 skeleton warriors, 3 skeleton spearmen, 6 zombies, and one unit of blood knights. Isabella's army was herself, two vampire heroes (one death, one shadows), 3 vargheists, and 6 fell bats.

Enemy comp? Mannfred, a strigoi, 11 skeleton warriors, 4 zombies, 1 skeleton spearmen, 3 dire wolves, 3 fell bats, 2 vargheists, 4 crypt ghouls, 4 grave guards.

Much lord sniping was had.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this was on VH/VH difficulty.

Total War: WARHAMMER
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 01:51:31 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7458 on: April 30, 2017, 06:36:44 pm »

750-point botmatch on Mygeeto, maxed bots.

Won with over 300 points left, my highest kill-count was 49 in one life.

Eventually pushed the Separatists to the southernmost CP, where there is but a single bridge leading to the rest of the map with little in the way of flanking routes. but decent cover debris. The result was two large(for a FPS) armies blasting the crap out of each other.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7459 on: April 30, 2017, 09:52:22 pm »

Forgot to turn my recording software off after I was done doing commentary for videos, this happened. I cut it down to four minutes partially because the beginning of the match was just walking, and partially to hopefully help avoid getting struck. Though I'm orders of magnitudes of viewers away from that being a realistic concern.

MechWarrior Online.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7460 on: May 01, 2017, 01:33:15 am »

I have not played mechwarrior in ages (my last being mercenaries), but I probably would have played it a lot more if I had that cockpit voice.  "Too much heat you idiot." "U wot m8"
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7461 on: May 01, 2017, 07:09:58 am »

If you ever do pick up MWO, here's the link to the MLG Bitchin' Betty.

3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7462 on: May 01, 2017, 07:20:37 am »

I had been thinking about getting into this myself, especially after seeing some of theB33F's videos. Example.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7463 on: May 01, 2017, 07:28:02 am »

Oh, just don't expect faction warfare to be that good. Or much of anything, really. PGI is a godawful dev studio, they've got a long history in MWO of making stupid decisions and refusing to back down on them/taking multiple years to fix them, Russ vocally hates the players, and the company was totally unfamiliar with both BTech and this style of game prior to acquiring the license. There were issues pointed out in the CBT which are still in the game to this day.

That said, it is free, and your other options for first-person 'mech combat are going back to MW4 or praying that the MW: Living Legends playerbase keeps up enough numbers for servers to continue operating. It's not bad as long as you don't expect good balance or sane decision-making.

Especially if you want to lurmboat outside of FW group drops organized and ready for it. This is your experience 95% of the time, from the perspective of the pug team opposing you.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 07:29:54 am by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7464 on: May 01, 2017, 09:23:13 am »

Final objective was to kill 3 Jedi Masters. Although I managed to kill one as Vader, I was overwhelmed by the rest of the defenders. By the time I respawned as a regular trooper, we had about 40 points left. Shot my way through half a dozen Jedi, then died. Respawned with a lightsaber in my chest, respawned again, died again. By the time I managed to kill the second Master(about 2-3 minutes later at most), we had 10 points. Quickly died again, and by the time I respawned, we were down to one point. Since points are lost on death and not respawn, that means if one more trooper died, it's a loss.

Just as soon as I look away from the points left, at least 8 Jedi, plus Temple Soldiers, start charging the library where I respawned. I respond by tossing however many grenades I could, killing many. Then the last Master charges in the breach I made, directly towards me. I hold down the trigger and don't let up. He jumps over me, grazes me with a lightsaber, bringing me down to almost no health.

With the last shot before my gun is empty, just as he was about to swing for the killing blow, he goes down. Victory for the Galactic Republic Empire.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7465 on: May 01, 2017, 09:53:04 am »

-snip-
That level can be pretty hard. That's why you use explosive weapons against the Jedi.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7466 on: May 01, 2017, 03:52:59 pm »

Loosely related, but I've always headcanoned it that Jedi can stop physical projectiles in midair matrix style and that's why people try blasters.  Its always seemed to me that if it was possible to shotgun Obi-wan to death someone would have thought of that by now.

I dunno, it seems to me that throwing a grenade at a Jedi Master is a good way to get yourself blown up.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7467 on: May 01, 2017, 04:01:19 pm »

Loosely related, but I've always headcanoned it that Jedi can stop physical projectiles in midair matrix style and that's why people try blasters.  Its always seemed to me that if it was possible to shotgun Obi-wan to death someone would have thought of that by now.

I dunno, it seems to me that throwing a grenade at a Jedi Master is a good way to get yourself blown up.

It does seem like the easiest way to stop a Jedi would be a flamethrower, or some kind of contact neurotoxin, or a Maser, or a sonic weapon.

EDIT: Aaand I forget the relevant part of this post. Durrrr.

Completely managed to automate most of my production facilities, and my defenses are entirely automated and tough enough to mess up more than a half-dozen attacking centipedes. I have medicine and components to spare, and everyone is happy as a result of the gold sculptures I've been shitting everywhere along with their luxury meals.

Oh, and I finally got everyone into Superior+ Greydale combat armor, so I can stop getting headshot by goddamn beavers.

Rimworld

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 04:05:57 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7468 on: May 01, 2017, 04:04:48 pm »

Spoiler: Derail (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7469 on: May 01, 2017, 04:31:17 pm »

Yeah, I imagine both that most Force-users don't have the strength and control to outright stop a large quantity of bullets. There's also the possibility that a sufficiently large round (your choice whether that means '.50' or '120mm') wouldn't be fully melted even if they got the block off, meaning that the Jedi/Sith gets hit with a supersonic glob of molten metal.

Now, a single buck shell probably could be stopped. But get three or four people all shooting the Jedi/Sith from different angles and ranges with automatic shotguns? Ded. Except maybe for high-end ones who could AoE Force Push and get out of the way faster than mortal reflexes or senses can track.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 708